Chapter Twelve: Scar In My Heart

A/n: Thank you to the people reading this story!!! I hope you support this till the end! 💖

For one week, Ryota knew that it will be better for him to investigate Lee Kyung Ho's death from the very beginning again, and so, he did his best to talk to the investigators who went to the scene after news broke that Hyun Woo and his father had...

For one week, Ryota knew that it will be better for him to investigate Lee Kyung Ho's death from the very beginning again, and so, he did his best to talk to the investigators who went to the scene after news broke that Hyun Woo and his father had an accident. It was clear that they were purposely attacked and so, the police arrested the truck driver but what lead Detectives Park In Gyu and Oh Min Guk confused was that, they couldn't know the reason why the truck driver committed suicide.

"You told us that you're Lee Hyun Woo's personal investigator, correct?" Detective Park sighed as he sat back on his white chair. "There are many confusing points when I was investigating. We still don't know the man who hired the truck driver who killed his father. He may not even know that a gun had always been pointed at him."

"What are you talking about?" Ryota asked them. "Can you clarify that for me?"

Oh Min Guk sat on his office chair, too, and stared sharply at him. "We can't even keep on investigating since the truck driver killed himself even before we interrogate him. There was nothing more to investigate."

"Are you sure about this?" Ryota asked them. "I need to know the bottom of this. It's been five years."

"People say we're incompetent crooks but we're not," Min Guk handed over a small folded piece of paper secretly to him. "Keep yourself safe, sir."

Ryota wanted to look at it already but Detectives Min Guk and In Gyu stopped him even before he read it. They looked around the police station for a while and looked for any people who may overhear them. When it seemed safe to talk again after they were sure that they're the only people inside their office inside Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, they began talking with a very low voice to him.

"Look at it somewhere else," In Gyu whispered. "We can't investigate him more as we are afraid that we'll be in danger if we do."

"Thank you for giving me a clue," Ryota said to them. "It will help a lot."