Chapter Fifteen: The Silent Dragon

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my story!!! Hoping that you keep on reading this until I am done! Like... Wow. We're finally in Episode 15. I've planned this to last until Chapter 35 though. :)

 :)

Two days later after Anna returned back to Hyun Woo's mansion to report her findings, Ryota bowed again respectfully to him and passed some pictures to him while he was seated behind his table at his room but before that, he sighed

Two days later after Anna returned back to Hyun Woo's mansion to report her findings, Ryota bowed again respectfully to him and passed some pictures to him while he was seated behind his table at his room but before that, he sighed. He was seated on a leather chair wearing bis usual blue pajamas and brown cardigan. "It still feels strange for me to be bowing to you. I never did it when we were—"

"Kids? Don't you think you should stop?" Hyun Woo interrupted him. "How many times will I say that I don't remember my childhood in Japan? The last memories I have were when I was here in South Korea already. Haven't I told you that? On top of that, I don't remember what I witnessed when my biological father passed away. If you still think of me as a friend, take this as an opportunity to see me as Hyun Woo, not Kousei. Call me 'Hyun Woo' instead."

"Wasn't it still better if you remember who you were as Kousei?" Ryota asked him. "If you remember your lost memories, it will be way easier for you to search the truth."

Hyun Woo stared at his eyes and sighed. "And how will I do that? Don't you think I've had a lot of psychological sessions wherein I've asked many doctors to help me return to who I was?"

"Get out of the room, Mr. Watari," voiced out Gi Hoon when he had just returned inside Hyun Woo's office room. It surprised both of them, after all. "Let me talk to you alone."

"Can't you see that I was still talking to Ryota, Hoon?"

Gi Hoon bowed before him and after a while, he raised his head to look at Ryota who was standing before him. "I have something to tell Mr. Watari and it's urgent. Can I have him for a while?"

Hyun Woo sighed as he gather the evidences and envelopes that Ryota gathered. "My secretary wants to talk to you. You can go."

Ryota breathed deeply afted that and buttoned his suit. "I'll talk to you again when you're free."

...

Gi Hoon sighed with a sign of relief when they were already inside an empty conference room and when both of them were already inside, he faced Ryota. He was about to speak when Ryota talked first. "Why do you have to interrupt me when we were talking to each other? It was a private meeting between us. We were meeting as investigator-client relationship. I know that he doesn't see me as a friend but just someone who tries to investigate what happened five years ago. It's difficult to investigate something so long ago and so, his memories before he lost his memories are needed! I know you interrupted me when I was suggesting he does something to recover them! Don't you think Hyun Woo won't see your actions strange? If it was strange for me, more on, with him!"

Gi Hoon stepped back a bit and held on one of the chairs inside the conference room. "A lot of you wanted him to remember who he was while I hope you give justice to whoever killed my old master and best friend without him, going back to who he was."

"What?" Ryota raised his eyebrows and collared him. "He needs to remember what happened to him five years ago. He'd seen what happened that day!"

"Do you think your friend was too pure before he lost his memories?" Gi Hoon removed his hands off him. "He was way worse before he lost his memories! Kyung Ho knew how dangerous his son was and he took him away from Takahiko to help him control his anger towards what he discovered! My bestfriend was already trying to fight Takahiko and give Saki justice when the accident happened. Everyone knows it could be Takahiko or Kang Dong Min but we don't have enough evidences that time."

Ryota stepped closer to him while he clenched his fists. "What do you mean he was way worse? Dangerous? Kousei wasn't like that! He was a shy guy who plays the piano and guitar!"

"He's shy? A musician? Yes, he was a pianist until he discovered truths of what happened to his adopted mother!" he scoffed. "He was like that since he was ignorant about the truth until he remembered the injustice Saki received from him. Saki may not be his real mother but she was still a mother-figure! Stop waking up a dragon that breathes fire, Ryota!"

"Who are you to Hyun Woo?" Ryota raised his right eyebrow. "It feels like you know him more than me."

"My master, Chairman Lee Kyung Ho made me watch and protect his son who was in Japan," Gi Hoon answered him. "I'm sure you didn't know but I am always guarding him wherever he goes. He discovered who he was truly only at the age of fifteen when his life was endangered by Takahiko."

"Are you afraid of what he may do when he remembers his lost memories?" Ryota asked him. "A dragon? How can he be a dragon? I truly don't remember how he is a dragon when he was fifteen years old! If everyone of you suspected Takahiko already, why isn't he arrested yet? Japan sent me here to do the exact job Hyun Woo wanted me to do."

"We have not found any evidences proving Takahiko killed Lee Kyung Ho," Gi Hoon told him. "The truck driver—"

"Passed away, I know!" Ryota grunted. "Don't worry about it. For now, I've found a clue that Kang Dong Min conspired with someone. I've planted a spy inside Takahiko's circle."

"Who?" Gi Hoon asked him. "That's going to be way dangerous."

"You don't need to know who it was, okay?" After Ryota replied, he faced him again and stared straight at Gi Hoon. "You know Hyun Woo than I. How dangerous was he when Kyung Ho took him? Why did Hyun Woo had to be in Japan?"

"He can't tell you, now, Mr. Detective," a man wearing gold-plated eyeglasses interrupted him. "That's my nephew's private life. Don't you think you're digging too much?"

Ryota eyed him as he wondered who he was. The man was wearing a black long sleeves and black business suit. "Who—?"

Gi Hoon gave a bow to him. "Sir, don't you think you should have informed me that you'd visit?"

"And why should I announce that I will come here?" he asked him. "Why don't you instead tell who I am and introduce me to Chairman Lee's detective?"

Ryota agreed, then, at the time the man was already closer to him, that was the only time he began to remember who he was, thanks to the documents that Anna gave him which was filled with Hyun Woo's family information. He bowed before him after that to show his respect.

"He's Lee Haru, the youngest child of Master Lee Kyung Ho and he's the youngest uncle of Lee Hyun Woo," Gi Hoon told him. "He's currently the President of Lee Medical Center on Gangam-gu, and Itaewon."

"Now that we know each other, will it be alright for me to talk straight about what I want to say?"

"Go on, Mr. Detective."

"Why don't you just tell me what kind of person Hyun Woo, really is?"

Lee Haru placed his hands on Ryota's right shoulder and whispered, "February 8, 2017. That was the day Kousei was totally reborn using his real name. Kyung Ho was happy that his son had accepted who he truly was but he was surprised when he had received an article about what Hyun Woo can do if he was angered. I've heard your conversation with Gi Hoon. It's true that he must remember but beware. He is a sleeping dragon."

🖤🖤🖤

A/n: I hope you like this chapter!!! What do you think of this chapter? Tell me in the comments below! Arigatou Gozaimasu!!! 🥰