Chapter Two: Anna

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading this story, especially to LHT1995! I do hope that you continue to read this until I am finished writing this. :)

 :)

Anna Jang could not help it but be so resentful at her husband after so many years

Anna Jang could not help it but be so resentful at her husband after so many years. She tried her best to be his pillar, and she had also tried to control the darkness in him, but no matter what she did, it had no effect. The man she loved still turned out to be the same as his biological father. She had once begged Takahiko, Saki's wife in Japan, to take him back, but he never did it. He had insisted that Hyun Woo chose to leave him and accept his real father. He was also taken aback that after Lee Kyung Ho took him home and insisted to him that he had the right to take care of his son, the boy he once knew as Kousei chose to use the name that was truly written on the legal papers. If he refused to give him back to him, Takahiko knew that he would face legal actions and be arrested for creating fake documents.

With the truth coming out suddenly when Hyun Woo was fifteen years old, he had felt betrayed by him, and it was a shock for Takahiko that it became easy for him to turn his back and leave Japan. He's still Korean-Japanese, but soon enough, he chose to be Korean. Leaving Japan and starting to live in South Korea was difficult at first as he didn't know the language, but with the help of his biological father, Lee Kyung Ho, he was able to learn it and adapt to living with him.

What was more surprising for Anna Jang was that she knew that she also had changed after leaving Japan to live in South Korea with the man she loved dearly. She had thought that by staying beside him, Hyun Woo's father wouldn't be too much of an influence and change his personality when he was in Japan, but she was entirely wrong.

Hyun Woo did not stay innocent forever, and he had decided to accept who he truly was when he became a victim and also a witness to his father's murder. Someone had tried to kill him, and they had also successfully assassinated his father when he was merely twenty-one years old. Seeing the death of his mother inside the hospital was already painful for him, but it was also more devastating for him when he saw his father die beside him while they were both inside a car. A ten-wheeler truck crashed on them, making him fall on a coma for a month, but after he had woken up and was told that his father had passed away, the boy who was called as Kousei passed away, too.

Anna couldn't accept that the accident changed him completely, and it made Hyun Woo abandon his old self when he was still in Japan. For her, it was, as if a different soul woke up in the body of the man she loved. Hyun Woo may have been able to stay away from the underworld if his father had not been assassinated, but when Chairman Lee Kyung Ho bit the dust while he was in surgery, the boy she loved was gone. She already knew about it, but it was very slow for her to accept that truth.

Even so, Hyun Woo totally abandoned the name 'Kousei' to get his vengeance against those who murdered his father and to find out who was still trying to eliminate him. He had always considered the name 'Kousei' as the time of his innocence and weakness, and thus, hearing just the name was painful for him. Whenever he hears that name, for him, someone had struck a painful sword on his chest. He had already buried that name, and he never wanted to come back to it. He even forced Anna to change her name. From Kaori, he made her choose the name 'Anna'. Even so, for Anna, being Anna was already unbearable as she had felt helpless and useless to him.

"I don't want to be Anna anymore, Ryota!" she told him after she drank some wine. "Even so, I do think for now, it's much better to call me by that name. You're a police officer who was suddenly assigned here due to a special appointment. Can I give you an assignment? I have evidence that could convict Hyun Woo."

Ryota tried to take away the iced glass cup filled with wine from her hands, but her grip on it was strong. "It's been eleven years since Kousei's death. Are you still in love with him? Tsubaki and I were shocked when you married Lee Hyun Woo. Aren't you his wife? Weren't you head over heels over him? What happened? Are you truly going to betray him? I don't have much power even if I am a policeman! I still have to learn more about South Korean laws."

"I know that you can do it!" shouted Anna. "Hyun Woo became a dangerous man as he wanted revenge from people I don't know! I have to stop him, Ryota!"

"Are you sure about this? You may be hurt if he doesn't get convicted." Ryota doesn't even know how to react as he was shocked when she saw her crying profusely. "How can you marry a man that makes you cry? I don't know if I will be able to do something but I'll try my best."

"If only you knew who Hyun Woo was, you will totally understand why I want him arrested."

Anna handed him a black USB, which she believed contained all of Hyun Woo's corruption details. "Teach him a lesson and wake him up for me. I want him to know how much I hated how he turned out to be now. Most of all, please remove him away from his secretary. Gi Hoon was like his right hand, and he was instrumental in how he turned out to be now."

Ryota swallowed some saliva after he heard those words from her. Even so, it felt like he swallowed sharp needles since he realized that what Anna asked was going to be a difficult and risky job. "Do you really think you can trust me in this kind of job? LH Group is a very influential group here in South Korea."

"Hyun Woo's the chairman of LH Group, and he was one of the youngest businessmen in South Korea, Ryota," Anna reminded him. "There's was also a lot of blood in his hands. He needs to be removed away from his secretary, presidents of the companies affiliated with LH Group, and the directors for me to be able to wake him up."

"This won't be an easy battle, Anna," Ryota warned him. "If we do it now, it will take a long time for us to convict him. Arresting him won't do anything, even with an arrest warrant."

"Getting inside an interrogation room would already signal what I want from him," Anna replied to him. "I don't want to destroy the company itself! My goal was to let him know my emotions, and-!"

Ryota stopped her from talking when she held her hands together. "Alright. I'll do it. It will be a risky move, but I will do it for you."

A/n: Thank you to the people reading my story!!! Tell me what you think of the chapter in the comments below!!! ❤️