Chapter Sixteen: A Spark In The Sky

A/n: Thank you for reading my story!!! I do hope that you are enjoying my book!

💖💖💖

It was late Friday when Hyun Woo opened the envelopes containing the pictures considered as evidences which Ryota gave him

It was late Friday when Hyun Woo opened the envelopes containing the pictures considered as evidences which Ryota gave him. The pictures were taken only a few days ago. As he began to look and flip them, he began to see how close Dong Min and Takahiko were. They've been keeping up with each other for years and also, after he was done reading the pertinent papers given to him, he discovered that Takahiko was a huge investor and shareholder in the YJ Entertainment Inc which Dong Min owns. It was also major shock to him when he saw a huge newspaper article that Arima Takahiko was known as the chairman of Arima Group who does not just have an entertainment company but they were more known in producing military weapons.

At the same time, he was given a voice recorder hidden inside a pen which contained an order to Kang Sun Jae to assassinate Hyun Woo. He was also bewildered to hear that Takahiko and the people in the recorder claimed that he knew what Takahiko did against Arima Saki.

Due to what he found out that night, he was alarmed and also, frightened of what Takahiko could do to him. He immediately pulled off his landline phone, took a long breath and began to dial Ryota's number. At the time Ryota answered it, Hyun Woo closed his eyes and grabbed his chest as he felt stabbing pain accumulating there after seeing how much Takahiko deceived him.

"Hello?" Ryota began to talk on the phone. "Who is this?"

"Ryota...," Hyun Woo replied while he could not hold his tears. "Did Takahiko deceive me? He was a father to me."

Ryota noticed that Hyun Woo was heaving deep, labored breaths—he must be deeply saddened and shocked due to the evidences he read and heard that day for him to have that reaction—worried, he comfortly spoke, "Let's talk face to face, okay? I was investigating Kang Dong Min and that was what I discovered. Also, Japan Intelligence Agency had instructed me to work with you. I gave you a fraction of what I discovered about Takahiko and Kang Dong Min."

"Do you really think he would plan to kill me?" Hyun Woo asked him. "You're the one who placed the recorder on my desk, right?"

"Yes," Ryota replied. "Your family may not allow you to leave your office until we are assured you're safe."