Chapter Fourteen: Who Is The Monster?

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my book!!! I hope that you are enjoying this book! I know that my book has more original characters and yes, may I remind you that Lee Hyun Woo's (Kousei) past won't follow too much of what's in Your Lie In April. I used it as a draft only and this can be enjoyed individually without knowing anything about YLIA! Anyway, introduction's long now, let's get on the story! :)

🖤🖤🖤

Takahiko sighed as he opened his lighter and lit his cigarette while he was looking at a young man in front of him. He looked like he was pretty much banged up, after all, by his own gang. They brought him inside one of his underground bases in one of his buildings in his estate in Nerima.

"You pretended to be Japanese for five years, only for me to discover that you're actually Korean. Should I ship you off in North Korea?"

The young man shook in fear and hot sweat just kept on leaving his forehead. His eyes were almost blank, too. "Please, don't!!! I never meant to hide my identity!!! Even so, I came to you because you know Lee Hyun Woo, right?"

Takahiko crossed his leg while he was holding his cigarette on his right hand. "How did you know that boy? I do have an ill-fated connection to him."

"I worked for his gang for years only for me to be theatened by him!!!" he screamed. "I did my best to work for him, only to be threatened to death! Allow me to go back! I know that it was you who killed Lee Kyung Ho. It was so clear in my eyes that you were with the driver! You did not want to kill Lee Kyung Ho but Hyun Woo, weren't you? You shot him!"

Takahiko rose in his feet, took his katana and pointed it at him. "You were a witness, then? There was no one on the road when I looked!"

"I was just a child like Hyun Woo when I saw what you did," he laughed. "I was with my father behind the CCTVs there. He was a CCTV operator. He called the authorities but it was only the driver who was acquitted. You paid handsomely to prosecutors, don't you?" 

"We called you Hanajima Kokoro for five months now," Takahiko replied. "Do you think I'd believe your story? Could you even trust your own memories?"

"Kang—Sun—Jae..." he uttered. "That was my name. You have to trust me! I can kill him for you!"

"Hold him tight," Takahiko instructed his men who were standing behind Kang Sun Jae. He began smoking again while he walked closer to him. "You know what I did earlier and I know you were lying about seeing the truth through CCTVs. What are you truly?"

Kang Sun Jae gulped in fear when Takahiko was just so close to him. The man was truly formidable and intimidating since his stares could just stab the heart of someone weak. "It's true that I lied how I discovered the truth but why can't you see I want to go against my old boss? I want to follow you and be loyal to you!!! You killed his father who protected him!"

One of Takahiko's men bearing a red spider tattoo held his neck tight and after that, Arima Takahiko also held him tightly. "Answer my question! Who are you?"

"Who am I? Are you so afraid of Hyun Woo?" Kang Sun Jae grinned. "You're asking who I am? Well then, I am an assassin out to murder Lee Hyun Woo."

"You hid who you are for five months," sighed Takahiko. "Why come to me when you can kill Hyun Woo out on your own?"

"Why can't you just accept that I want to help you?" Sun Jae cried out. "I went rogue after what he did to me five months ago. He destroyed my hands but they're healed now."

Takahiko placed his katana back to its rack and began laughing uncontrollably. "You came to Japan and purposely joined my gang for revenge? What did he do that made you so angry to him?"