Chapter 1- Best Friends. Nothing More.

~Kiara's POV~
"Kiara, no phones in class." Mr. Sunn told me.
I looked up from my text messages and looked at him. Then turned my phone face down. "Sorry..."
Then he continued with his lecture.

I grabbed my phone again and continued my text messages with Sarah. Luckily, this was the last class of the day, it's Friday, and we end in 5 minutes. Sarah got out 25 minutes ago.

Once the bells rang, I met up with the boys outside. JJ saw me first and gave a small smile.  I gave him one too before I talked to all of them. "What's the plan for the weekend?"
"Yucatán?" JJ joked.
We all laughed.

"Sarah was texting earlier. She was saying that she got permission from her dad for us to have the Druther's all weekend." John B explained.
"That sounds cool. I'll just make up some lie to my parents." I said.
We all went over to Sarah's house and met up with her in the Druther's. Then off we went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were all on the Druther's for a few hours now. Listening to music, drinking beer, and jumping off the boat.
"Yo Kie." I heard JJ and looked over. "Pass me a beer." He pointed to the cooler I was leaning on.
I grabbed a beer and threw it at him.

Later that night, we were at the chateau, on the dock in the back of John B's house. Sarah and John B were inside, while Pope, JJ, and I were on the dock.
"Did you guys know that until the Renaissance, understanding of human anatomy was based on the dissection of animals, with human autopsies considered an affront in virtually all cultures?" Pope just randomly said.

JJ and I both looked at each other than at him.
"What?" I asked him.
"Yea it-" Pope started again, but JJ stopped him.
"Dude, it's Friday, I'm not trying to learn anything right now. I don't even pay attention in school." JJ said, which made me laugh.

Then I noticed John B and Sarah walking back to us on the dock.
"You guys were in there for a while, you guys have fun?" JJ laughed.
"Shut up." Sarah rolled her eyes. And John B flipped him off.

Then my phone started going off. It was my mom calling me.
"Sarah, can you take it?" I asked her, showing her the phone.
Sarah answered and talked to my mom.
"Hi Mrs. Carrera!... yes... no, Kie's in the shower... yea-yea... nope just me and John B... yes they're both uh, grounded... yes I promise... ok... I'll tell her... buh-bye..." she hung up the phone and gave it to me.

"Ok so, Kie, you are at the chateau with John B and I. Pope and JJ, you guys are grounded so you are not with us." Sarah explained.
We all gave a thumbs up and laughed.

-next morning-
We were all on the HMS Pogue now. Pope was driving the boat, John B and Sarah were on the floor, I was sitting there on my phone, and JJ was next to me, on the edge of the boat, water-falling a beer.
"Oh my god, JJ. You're getting beer in my hair!" I called out.

We hung out on the boat for a couple hours before I noticed how dark the sky was getting. Even though it was only 2pm.
"Hey guys." I said.
They all looked at me, confused.
"I think a storm is coming in..." I told them.

We all looked up at the sky and then, as if on cue, the wind started picking up.
"We should start heading back." Pope said.
"No, let's wait it out, the pogue way." JJ laughed.
I rolled my eyes at JJ's dumb idea and we all went back to land.

As we made our way to the chateau, we noticed a ton of commotion on the wharf. We went over and saw that everyone was by a TV in the bait shop. The news was on and it said that there's a hurricane coming.

"Holy shit." John B laughed.
Then almost instantly, mine, Sarah's, and Pope's phones went off. It was our parents telling us to head back home.
"Yea there's no way my parents are letting me back out. Are you sure you guys will be ok?" I asked John B and JJ.

"Yea we'll be fine." JJ shrugged.
"You sure? John B, I'm sure my parents would let you stay with us." Sarah said.
"I'm good Sarah, I gotta be here for JJ." John B said.
"Why don't we all just stay together?" I asked them.

"No it's fine, you guys just stay safe." JJ said.
Sarah had to go and then so did Pope and John B. JJ and I were left on the wharf. We both kinda just looked at each other.

"Please be safe.." I told JJ.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'll wait out the storm, pogue style." He laughed.
I hugged him and looked at him.
"Please." I told him.

He nodded his head and gave a small smile. Then I laughed a bit and hit him lightly on the head to remind him that we are best friends. Nothing more.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊