Chapter 14- Will You Marry Me?

-next day-
~Kiara's POV~
It was around noon and I was just sitting in the living room, with my laptop, looking at some baby stuff online. I was scrolling through a bunch of different clothes.

Then I heard a noise and saw JJ come into the living room after taking a shower. I smiled at him as he sat next to me on the sofa. "Hi there..."
He smiled and gave me a kiss. "Hey beautiful... what are you doing?"

"Just looking at these cute baby clothes." I said. Showing him my screen.
He looked at them and laughed a bit. "We don't even know the gender yet."
I shrugged my shoulders. "I know, but I'm just looking."

He laid with me for about another minute before he got up off the couch and asked me, "Why don't you start getting ready?"
I looked at him confused. "For what?"
He had a look on his face and smiled. "I'm taking you on a date. Well- a double date, with John B and Sarah."

I was confused, but excited. "What? Where?"
He grabbed my hands and pulled me off the sofa."That's a surprise... just wear something nice."
I gave him a look. "Like Midsummers nice? Or something like... Charleston nice?"
He thought about it for like 15 seconds. "Like... just a nice dress.."

I was still confused, but intrigued. I got ready, fixed my hair, and put on a red fitted dress. I still haven't bought pregnancy clothes, I've been either just showing my stomach with crop tops, shorts that I surprisingly still fit, or stealing JJ's t-shirts. But I'm surprised this dress still fits, it's just tight in the stomach area like how all my clothes have been fitting.

I was putting some earrings on, then I saw JJ standing in the doorway, through the mirror. I looked at him and smiled. He was just staring at me, with a slight smile on his face. Then he came up behind me. "You look amazing..." he out his hand on my stomach and wrapped his arms around me from behind.
I turned my head to look at him and then he kissed me. I smiled. "Thank you."

He was wearing a suit, which I was surprised about. "You're all dressed up nice and fancy.." I laughed.
He laughed a little too and nodded his head. "Yea, I am..."
He looked at his phone.

"It's almost 2:30 we gotta leave in 10 minutes to meet up with John B and Sarah at the ferry port." He told me.
"Ferry? Where are we going?" I asked him.
"It's a surprise, remember?" He laughed.
I nodded my head. I got all ready and then we drove to the ferry port.

The drive there, JJ held my hand while keeping it on the gear shift then looked at me every so often and smiled. Then we met up with John B and Sarah at the Ferry Port. I could tell by the look in Sarah's face that she was excited, but I didn't understand why.

"Hi!" She hugged me.
Once we pulled away I looked at her outfit, and then at John B's. "You guys matched your outfits together?" I laughed.
John B laughed and shook his head. "No we got these outfits that time we went to Chapel Hill looking for some archives for that I needed for that history project."

Sarah looked at me and then started talking. "When are you finding out the gender?"
"The doctor said around 20-22 weeks." I looked at JJ for clarification.
JJ nodded his head. "Sounds about right."

Then Sarah rambled on and talked about a million miles a minute before my brain was about to go into overload. I put my hands on her shoulders to get her to stop talking and sort of laughed before looking at the other two. "Ok, is she drunk or high? Like, what's going on?"

I noticed JJ gave her a look, but then looked at me. "I don't know, I didn't give her anything." He laughed.
John B held up 4 pieces of paper. "Here are the tickets."
JJ took our two.
"So where are we going? Is anyone gonna tell me?" I asked them.

JJ smiled and then gave me my ticket. I read it and it said Chapel Hill. I looked at them. "We're going to Chapel Hill for a date?"
JJ sort of laughed and nodded his head. I was super confused. "But... why? I'm excited don't get me wrong, but why did you guys pick Chapel Hill."
JJ shrugged his shoulders. "Change of scenery?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Once we finally got the Chapel Hill, we all got off the ferry and started walking. We finally got to a restaurant and went to the front host.
"Hi, we have a reservation under Cameron." Sarah said.
The hostess looked at her tablet, then back up at Sarah and smiled. "Ah, Miss Cameron, you 4 can follow me."

We were taken to a table and we all sat down.
"How does she know you?" John B asked Sarah.
Sarah looked around the restaurant and then pointed at a photograph on the wall of her family there with some other people. "Ward always comes here. Especially when we were younger, the owners has kids our age and we would basically be forced to hang out with them."

A waitress came by soon after and took our orders. The food was good and as we were just finishing up, Sarah got up. "I'm gonna go talk to the owner real quick about something." Then she left.

JJ wrapped his arm around me and I smiled at him. He looked out the window as the sun was starting to set. "We have just under 2 hours before our ferry back, you wanna go walk on the beach?"
I smiled and nodded my head. "Yea, that sounds great... it looks so pretty."

Then Sarah came back, but with a camera.
I looked at her confused. "What's with the camera?"
"The owners want me to take some pictures of the property for them like how I used to. What are we doing right now?" She asked us.

"We're about to go walk on the beach." John B put his hand on her waist and looked up at her.
Sarah looked at me and JJ and smiled. "That's perfect. I can test out this camera on the sunset."
I looked at her confused because I didn't understand why she smiled at us.

The four of us left the restaurant and walked out onto the beach. I was leaning on JJ and hugging his arm as we were walking on the beach. The sunset was such a pretty pink and orange ombré color.

JJ then stopped and stepped in-front of me, facing me.
"Let's do a little photoshop with you two." Sarah called out.
JJ looked at me and smiled. "Wanna do it?"
I laughed and nodded my head.

He pulled me in and kissed me, we could hear the camera shuttering. We did a few poses that Sarah was telling us to do. "Ok, JJ, go down on one knee and put your hands on Kie's stomach, then kiss it. Kie, put your hands ontop of his, look down at him and smile."

We did what she said. Then JJ looked up at me and smiled. I smiled at him too. Then JJ looked over and Sarah and John B. JJ then grabbed my hands and held them.

"Kie from the moment I met you, I always knew I wanted to be with you... I know we're only 17, but I can't wait to become a father with you and can't wait to meet our baby. I promise to love you forever and then some. I love you more than you will ever know, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I know I will never be half as good of a parent that you will be, but I can't wait to do it together."

JJ then pulled out a box and I covered my mouth with my hands as he revealed a ring.
"Kiara Carerra... will you marry me?"
I had tears going down my face and nodded my head. "Yes! Yes!" I cried.

He put the ring on my finger, then got up and kissed me. I couldn't believe this. I'm going to marry my best friend and the father of my baby.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊