Chapter 9- Doctor's Appointment

-next day-
~Kiara's POV~
I spent the night at JJ's place. Not that I was scared to go back home, but because I was tired of being yelled at. JJ and I spoke to Sarah yesterday to see if Ward or Rose would be able to get an appointment for us.

But Ward and Rose are on a business trip in California right now and they aren't going to be back for a week. And I really don't want to rely on JJ's cousin or Pope's parents because of how Pope reacted to our pregnancy and hasn't even apologized or talked to us since.

My mom has tried to call me over 5 times since yesterday. And today, I'm going to go back because unfortunately, they are our only option to get a doctor's appointment now.

I was right about to leave to go see my parents, when JJ stopped me at the front door.
"Hey, are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" He asked me.
"Yea I'm sure... we both know that they'll be more upset if you're there... just... maybe we have to give them a few days before they see you again..." I said.

He sighed and nodded his head, knowing I was right.
We gave each other a quick kiss goodbye before I drove myself back to figure eight. I got to my place and went inside.
"Mom? Dad?" I called out. And I didn't get an answer. I looked around the whole house and didn't find them anywhere.

I then figured that they were at the Wreck, so I drove there and sure enough, I saw them working. I went into the kitchen and found my father cooking.
"Hey dad?" I asked him.
He looked at me and then called out for my mom. "Anna! She's here!"

My mom appeared in the kitchen and I couldn't tell if she was mad or happy to see me.
"Let's talk outside." She told me.
We went out to the back of the restaurant and sat on a table out there.

"Kiara I want to explain to you my rules concerning you and JJ..." she told me.
"Alright?" I told her, a little nervous to hear them.
"Ok... so, we will support your decision on you having this baby with him. But your father and I want you to take more responsibility... so... we decided that we will give you a raise when working here. And we are not going to help you in terms of financial aid unless absolutely necessary. You will be required to care for this baby yourself... do you understand?" She explained.

I nodded my head. Then she continued.
"Ok, and we decided that you can still live with us. You are allowed to see JJ, but you have to ask us when you can see him. He can't just show up unannounced and you can't just sneak out." She explained.
"Got it... anything else?" I asked her.

"Yes, I made you a doctor's appointment for tomorrow at noon. And when we are there I will explain to the doctor that you are more than capable of scheduling and making these appointments from here on out... and... I want to say that I'm sorry about how your father and I reacted yesterday... we both just weren't expecting you to say anything like that and we were both just caught super off guard..." she explained.

I nodded my head and let myself process all this information for about a minute before I smiled and hugged her. "Thanks mom..."
"Yea of course sweetheart." She smiled.
I was super surprised but happy that she changed her mood. And all her rules seemed reasonable. The one about having to ask permission to see JJ was a little bit weird to me, but as long as I can see him, I guess it would be fine.

I left the Wreck shortly after and went back to JJ's place.
I explained to him everything that my mom told me and he was surprised that she changed her mind.
"So... what time do you want me to be at your place by tomorrow?" He asked me.
"Um... 11:30? I think." I said.

-next day-
I was getting ready for the baby appointment. It was now 11:25.
My mom came in my room as I was putting my shoes on. "Hey honey, we have to leave in 10 minutes."
"Ok, JJ should be here in 5." I told her.
She looked a little bit annoyed but didn't say anything.

Then I heard the doorbell ring and went to go open the front door. JJ was there and we hugged each other.
"Hey Mrs. Carrera." JJ told my mom.
My mom gave a small smile and nodded her head.

About 5 minutes later we left to the doctor's appointment. Once we got there, my mom had to sign me in and I had to fill out some papers. Then we waited for only about 15 minutes before we got in a room. Then a doctor came in about 5 minutes later.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Thompson, you are... Kiara?" She asked me.
"Yes." I told her.
"Ok, and I understand that almost 2 weeks ago you found out you're pregnant?" She asked me.
I nodded my head.

"Alright... so let's get you laying down and lift your shirt up for me. I'm going to put this gel on your stomach so we can see the baby." She told me.
I followed her instructions and did what she said. She pressed the wand on my stomach, looking at the computer and taking photos.

JJ was sitting next to me, holding my hand. I looked at him and smiled, excited to see our baby.
After about a minute, she stopped and turned the screen.
"Ok so, by the date of conception, and your last menstrual cycle, you are 5 weeks and 6 days right now and your due date estimated to be February 1st." She explained. Then she started pointing at the screen. "Here is your baby. Now obviously, the fetus won't look like baby in this stage. But here is the amniotic sack, and that little bean that you see in there is your baby."

I smiled and started to tear up. Even though I already knew I was pregnant, this just made it 1000 times more real.
"Honey, don't cry..." My mom chuckled and rubbed my leg.

I laughed a little and wiped my tears. Then I looked at JJ, who was tearing up a bit too.
"Wow JJ, I didn't expect you to be so emotional..." I joked.
He laughed too and kissed my forehead.
"That's our baby..." he smiled.
I nodded my head.

The doctor wrapped up pretty quickly and gave us some photos. My mom explained that I will be making my appointments from now on. Then we soon left. JJ and I had to ask my mom to go and hang out with John B and Sarah. It took some begging, but she finally let me.

JJ and I drove to the cut and went to the chateau. The 3 of them were there and Pope looked at us and almost left, but John B grabbed him.
"Nope, Pope you're going to apologize." He told him.
Pope reluctantly stayed and looked at JJ and I.
"I'm sorry for how I acted... I was honestly just shocked and I didn't really know how to respond..." he said.

JJ and I accepted his apology. And then the 3 of them started asking us some questions and we tried answering them the best we could based on what the doctor told us.

This appointment was so great and scary at the same time because now it makes this journey seem so much more real. JJ and I are honestly still nervous, but so excited at the same time.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊