Chapter 10- Grounded

-Kie is 8 weeks pregnant-
~JJ's POV~
We were all at a party in the Boneyard. We were all having a good time. Music, the beach, beer, and friends. Everyone was here. Everyone except Kie. She didn't want to come. She didn't see the point in coming since she can't drink or smoke. I wanted to stay with her, but she didn't want me to because she thought it would ruin my night. So she practically forced me to go out to this Kegger.

We were passing out beers to everyone, but I couldn't stop thinking about Kie.
"Yo JJ." I heard and felt a cup thrown at my head. I look over and saw John B walking up to me.
"What's up?" I asked him.
"You ok? You don't seem... here." He told me.

I rubbed my face and sort of chuckled a bit.
"Uh yea. I think I'm gonna head out, check on Kie." I told him.
John B looked at me and laughed. "Man you really love this girl..."
I sort of laughed too and ran my fingers through my hair. "Yea of course man. You out of all people should know that."

~Kiara's POV~
I was home alone, in my room, and couldn't stop crying. My parents were out working tonight at The Wreck and wouldn't be home until really late. This pregnancy has already been so hard and I'm just barley 8 weeks today. I knew everyone was in the boneyard tonight. I wanted to be there so bad, but I didn't see a point. I can't do the things I once did. I'm always sick, tired, and I just feel like crying 24/7.

Part of me hates myself for getting pregnant, but then whenever I think about that, I feel like I'm mad at my baby. Which I'm not, but then it makes me feel guilty. I just want to feel like my old self again. I just want to do the things I used to be able to and be care-free again.

I was sitting in my room in the dark, on the floor, leaning on my bed. I sat there, staring at the sonogram photos that JJ and I got from a doctor's appointment yesterday. I haven't seen JJ all day. The most I've talked to him today was for a 5 minute phone call, which I had to cut short because I was feeling sick and I didn't want him to hear me throw up over a phone call.

As I was sitting there, I heard a noise. I thought it was a tree, so I ignored it. But then I heard it again, it was coming from my window. I got up and went over and saw JJ. I was confused and laughed a bit. I opened the window and asked him, "What the hell are you doing here?", laughing.

He came inside my room and kissed my forehead. "I wanted to be with you..." he smiled.
"Really? You'd really rather be here with me than out partying?" I asked him, completely surprised by that answer and thought he was going to ask me to come to the party.

He wrapped his arms around me, letting me melt into his warm embrace and he whispered, "I'd rather be here with you, knowing you and our baby is ok, than be out partying, not knowing. You and this baby are my priority..."

I pulled away and started tearing up at how sweet he was. It was so cute and surprising to see how much he's changed in just a few short weeks since we've been together and we're having a baby together.

I laughed a little at the fact that I was crying. "I'm sorry..." I wiped my tears.
JJ cupped my face his in hands and helped me wipe my tears. "Don't be sorry... I know this hasn't been easy for you..."

He sat down with me on my bed. "Are you home alone?" He asked me.
I nodded my head. "Yea, my parents are at the Wreck until late." 
He grabbed my TV remote and a blanket. "Why don't we watch a movie together?"

I shrugged my shoulders and we laid on my bed together. He went onto some different apps and picked a movie that I know he hates.
"You hate this movie." I told him.
"Yea but it's your favorite." He chuckled a bit.

We watched the movie while we laid with each other. I could feel JJ playing with my hair and eventually I fell asleep.

-next morning-
I woke up to some light shining in my face. I open my eyes and see that it's morning. I was about to move and felt a hand on my waist. I turned over and saw JJ. He started waking up a bit and smiled when he opened his eyes to see me.
"Good morning..." he smiled.
I gave him a kiss and smiled. "Good morning."

All of a sudden we heard some noise. "Kiara! It's 8am! We have to head to The Wreck!" I heard my mother call out and then before JJ and I could react, my bedroom door opened. JJ and I both sat up on the bed and my mom's didn't know how to react at first.

"Mom I can explain..." I said.
She laughed under her breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Please.. please explain, Kiara."
I looked at JJ.
"Ok so, last night, I was having a rough night. And then all of a sudden... JJ just shows up and I didn't want him to leave... please mom he's my only source of happiness and comfort right now..." I practically begged my mom to not kick him out or ground me.

"No, that's enough. JJ, you have 5 seconds to get out of this house." My mom told him. JJ started getting up, when I grabbed his arm.
"Mom, no! Please just let him stay!" I begged her.
"JJ, go." my mom said. Then JJ looked at me and we both knew he just had to go.

He left and then my mom just started yelling. "Kiara, one of the only rules we have for you, and you go and break it. What the hell is wrong with you?!"
I couldn't even talk because I didn't know if I wanted to cry or scream. Before I knew, I just ended up tearing up and buried my face in my hands.

"Mom he only came over yesterday because he wanted to check on me. He knew I was having a bad day so he came over without me knowing..." I explained.
My mom was still mad, but once I told her that, she got confused and calmed down a bit.
"He really did that for you?" She asked me.

I nodded my head. Then I laughed a bit and made a joke. "I mean... the worst he can do is get me pregnant..."
My mom looked at me and I realized that this was the wrong time to make any jokes like that.
"Yea... not the time for that..." I nervously said.
"You're grounded Kiara... and you're forbidden to see JJ for a week." my mom said.
I didn't even try and argue back anymore because, what's the point?

My mom just wanted to drop this whole subject. So she just got up and told me to get ready to do a shift at The Wreck today.
Once I got ready, we got to The Wreck and started my shift. My shift didn't last too long before I had to take a break because my body just was not cooperating and I genuinely thought I was going to pass out.

I was outside, behind the restaurant, just sitting there, taking in the fresh air. Then I heard some noise and saw JJ walking to me. Without saying anything, he just sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around me.
"You're not feeling good?" He asked me.
I looked at him. "How do you know?"

"Your mom told me." He said.
I was surprised. "She did?"
He laughed and nodded his head. "Yea uh... I walked in and I didn't see you. But then your mom saw me and asked me why I was there. I asked for you, and she told me you were taking a break because you weren't feeling the best." He explained.

I didn't know what to say because I didn't know what to think of it. "I um... well, at least she didn't kick you out." I sort of laughed.
He laughed too and nodded his head. "Was she too hard on you when I left?" He asked me.

I sort of shrugged my shoulders. I explained everything to him and he was surprised too.
"So are you actually forbidden from seeing me or was she bluffing?" He laughed.
I sort of laughed a little too and shrugged my shoulders again. "I don't know, but I'm happy you're here now..." I hugged him.
He kissed the top of my head before I had to head back in and keep working.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊