Chapter 11- Mid Summers

-Kiara is now 12 weeks-
~Kiara's POV~
JJ and I were sitting on the dock in the back of his place, talking about the appointment we just got back from.
"I was thinking that we could have John B and Sarah do the gender reveal. Leave it up to them." I suggested.
JJ shook his head and looked out at the water. "We should get the gender in an envelope, and then give it to a bakery, have them make a cheap little cake. And find out ourselves. But we don't tell the others."

I shrugged my shoulders.
Then my phone went off and I grabbed it from my bag. It was a text from my mom saying I had phone two more hours before I had to be back home and work a shift at The Wreck.
"I have 2 hours left here...." I chuckled, as I looked out at the water.

JJ laughed a little too. "Then that's two more hours with my 2 favorite people..." I felt him move the hair off my shoulder and looked at me. I turned and looked up at him. Then smiled. He smiled down at me and I looked into his eyes. He put his hand on my stomach that already had started showing. But I've been trying to hide it in public. Not that I'm ashamed, but I'm afraid of what people will say.

I looked into his eyes and put my arms behind his neck. He smiled and then kissed me.
"Let's move in together..." I whispered.
JJ pulled away and looked confused on whether to laugh or not. "What?" He finally asked.

I laughed and nodded my head.
"Yea I mean, we could both live here. Together. And this baby does not need to be packing a bag every weekend and living in two different homes." I explained to him.

He chuckled under his breath and stroked my stomach, then looked back up at me and nodded his head. "Let's do it."
I smiled up at him and he kissed me again before he just pulled me in and I had my head buried in his neck.

Then I heard some noise and noticed the group coming up in the HMS Pogue.
"Hey there lovebirds." John B teased up.
I rolled my eyes and JJ flipped him off.
JJ and I do love each other, but the group loves teasing us.

"So we're going to go fishing, you guys wanna come?" Pope asked us.
I shook my head. "I can't, I have to be back at figure eight in 2 hours."
"Yea I'm just gonna stay here." JJ said, wrapping his arm around me and hugging me.

I looked at him. "You'd really prefer staying here than going fishing? What have you done with JJ?"
He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm happy wherever you are."

"Kie, you excited for tomorrow night?" Sarah asked me sarcastically, although, I didn't know why.
"What's tomorrow?" I asked her.
She sort of looked at me like I was crazy.
"Mid summers? The thing that happens every first weekend of July?" She said.

Once she said that, I remembered and rubbed my face.
"You're joking..." I groaned. I completely forgot about mid summers until this moment. And that's the last thing I would want to do right now.
"Just don't go." Pope said.
"I can't, my parents are members of that stupid club. So I have to..." I said.

"So... are you guys coming or not?"John B asked us.
JJ shook his head. "Nah, we'll see you guys tomorrow night."
The 3 of them left, so it was just JJ and I again.
"That place is the last thing I would want to be at." I groaned.

JJ rubbed my shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm working tomorrow night, so we'll be together."
I gave a small smile, looked back out onto the water, and sighed. "I'm just... afraid of what people will say... I mean there's no hiding anything tomorrow..."

He wrapped his arm around me and pull me in. "Anyone tells you anything, I'll clock them." He chuckled.
I laughed a little too and looked at him. "Please don't get yourself in trouble..."
He laughed under and looked out onto the water. "Can't make any promises..."