Chapter 2- School Cancelled

-next morning-
~Kiara's POV~
I woke up the next morning and looked outside my window. There wasn't really any damage to the house. Then I got a text from our group chat. It was John B and JJ telling everyone to meet at the docks we usually do.

I got ready and then left my house, luckily I didn't run into my parents. Sarah and I met up on the dock we usually do and waited for the boys.
"Hey, were you guys affected too much?" I asked her.
She shook her head and looked out onto the water. "No, it didn't even seem like a hurricane, more just like a bad rainstorm."

Then we saw the boys pull up. We got in and then started riding out more onto the water.
"How's your guys' places?" I asked.
"Nothing much. The worse thing that happened was a couple of branches in my backyard. We still got power and service on the cut." John B explained.

"Yup same here." Pope said.
I looked at JJ to wait for his answer. "I haven't been back to my place yet. I stayed at John B's."
We were all relieved that none of us were affected too bad by the hurricane.

The boys were fishing as Sarah and I were just hanging out on the boat. I was sort of zoned out, looking at JJ, but then Sarah nudged my arm.
I looked at her. "What?"
She sort of laughed a little and gave me a look before she whispered, "Are you and JJ together?"

I looked at her like she was crazy and shook my head. "Of course not. Why the hell would you think that?"
She looked at me like I was dumb and rolled her eyes. "I'm not dumb. I see the way you look at him." She laughed a little,
I looked at her and sort of reprimanded her while whispering, "Sarah just shut up."

JJ and John B both came towards us.
"What are you two arguing about?" John B asked us.
"Nothing." I said.
"Didn't seem like nothing." JJ chimed in.
I looked at Sarah, she gave me a look before turning her attention back on the boys. "Nothing, girl stuff."

We stayed on the boat for about another 5 hours before we headed back to Heyward's. Where we all sort of just loitered around the shop. Which drove Pope's dad crazy.
"What do you guys think about skipping school this week?" JJ asked, while throwing a tennis ball around with Pope and John B.

"Boy you better be joking if you think Pope's skipping a whole week of school." Heyward scolded JJ.
We all laughed.
"There's no way my parents would let me do that." I chuckled.
"Yea same. School ends in like a month anyway. So we can do all these crazy things then." Sarah suggested.

"Doesn't kook academy end in like 3 weeks?" John B asked.
Sarah rolled her eyes at the fact that he called it kook academy. "Yea, it does, but Kildare doesn't end for 4."

We only stayed in the store for another 15 minutes before Heyward kicked us out. We all hopped in the Twinkie and just drove around the island. We drove for awhile before we came across Kildare County High-School.

JJ whistled at the sight of it. There was branches and leaves everywhere on it. "Maybe that means we get off this week after all." He joked.
We all laughed and then instantly, our phones went off.
We all stared our phones in disbelief.
"You guys got the notification too right?" Pope asked us.

We all- even Sarah- nodded our heads.
"School's actually cancelled.." John B laughed.
Basically, Kildare County highschool lost power due to the storm and they don't have enough money to fix it. And since there's only a month left of school anyway, they decided to just end school for the rest of the school year. Even kook academy was cancelled. Their school wasn't affected, but they just decided to cancel it as well.

"Well, I guess that means we're all seniors now." JJ laughed.
I laughed at his comment and realized he was right. Technically, our junior year just ended, so that means we are now seniors. "Guess so.." I said.

-later that night-
We were at Sarah's place. Her family was out for the night, so the 5 of us were in her backyard.
"So, what's the plan for this extended summer?" Pope asked us.
"Have fun, party, get drunk, get high." JJ laughed.
"Doesn't sound too bad... although, it does sound like what you always do already..." I joked.
We all laughed, drank some beer, and then went back to the chateau. Where we all hung out for the rest of the night.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊