Chapter 3- Charleston

-2 weeks later-
~Kiara's POV~
I've been at the wreck for a few hours now on a shift. Luckily, it ends in 10 minutes. I walked back into the restaurant after being out on the deck, finishing serving a table, then I saw the group come in.

"Kie, come on, we're going on the ferry." JJ called out.
I laughed at the random comment, then my mom came out from her post at the computer.
"No, Kiara, you are not leaving again after not being home for a week." My mom yelled.
Last week, the 5 of us were all around North Carolina, just sight seeing and driving around. And I may or may not have forgotten to tell my parents, and we were gone for a whole week.

I looked at my mom, then at the group. JJ made a slight gesture and mouthed the words, "make a run for it." I smiled and chuckled under my breath.
I looked at my mom. "I promise I'll be back by tonight." I started taking off my apron.

"Kiara, no! You are not leaving-" she yelled.
But then JJ grabbed my arm as I threw my apron on the counter and laughed. "I'll be back by tonight! I promise!" I yelled out as we all ran out of the restaurant.

We all hopped in the Twinkie and headed out.
"Ok, so we already know I'm probably gonna get killed when I get back home. So where are we going?" I asked everyone.
"So, we're going to get on a ferry, and then go to Charleston." Sarah said.
"Why Charleston? We were just there." I told them.

"Barely, all we did was drive through it." Pope said.
I shrugged my shoulders and off we went. We drove to the ferry port and got our car on the boat. JJ got his bag open and then pulled out a blunt of weed.
"God JJ, do you ever go a day without smoking?" Pope asked him.

JJ took a hit and blew the smoke towards Pope. Which Pope then swatted out of his face before JJ passed the blunt to me. 
I took a hit and then Pope started opening his mouth. "I don't understand what you find so amazing about weed. You know all it does is damage-" he started saying, but then I cut him off.

"Pope just shut up." I said as I leaned back, closed my eyes, and blew the smoke up in the air. I heard the other 3 laugh and the 4 of us just laughed and got a bit high while Pope stayed sober. Once we got to the next port, we drove off the boat and went around Charleston.

JJ whistled when we drove around. "These people make our Kooks look like pogues."
I laughed at his comment as we kept on driving around.
At one point, we stopped and went to a super expensive looking store.

Sarah and John B be were messing around and laughing. Pope was just looking around, and I could tell JJ was going to steal something.
JJ kept looking back at the workers, then looking at all the clothes.

"JJ." I said, not wanting him to get in trouble.
He looked at me and laughed. I gave him a look that said that I wasn't joking.
He looked back at the employees and then tried to steal a shirt.
"JJ, seriously." I told him.

But then he didn't listen and grabbed 3 more.
"Can we leave this place already?" Pope asked.
"Sure let's go." John B said.
We all left and I could JJ a little tense as we walked out.
As we walked out, the alarms went off.

An employee came up to us and luckily, I "accidentally" forgot I had a pair of glasses on my head.
"Sorry, I was trying these on and must've forgotten to take them off." I chuckled to the employee.
He just smiled and I gave them back to him.
As we let the store JJ gave me a small smile.

We stayed in Charleston for about an hour more before we went back to OBX. We got back at 3am and I knew I didn't want to go back home, much less drive back. Pope and Jan went back to their places, while John B, Sarah, and I spent the night at the chateau.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊