Chapter 5- This Has To Be A Joke

~Kiara's POV~
It was a couple weeks after the night in the woods with JJ.
I haven't really spoken to my parents at all since they kicked me out. But they have tried to indirectly speak to me by trying to talk to Sarah. My dad's texted me a few times. Asking me to come home, that he would talk to my mom. And then my mom's also texted me a few times. But I just ignore them.

The 5 of us were on the HMS Pogue, just hanging out. I was tanning out on the front deck as I was sleeping with a towel covering my head. I was so worn out after swimming all day, so I was just lying there, using the sun as a blanket, and dozing off.

"Hey Kie." I heard JJ's voice.
"Leave me alone..." I groaned and turned over.
I heard the boys talking, but I didn't care enough to pay attention. But then I felt the towel slowly pull up. I opened my eyes and saw Sarah.

"Hey, you good? You've been sleeping here for over an hour. You're gonna burn." She told me.
I took the towel fully off my head and sat up.
"Yes, just tired..." I said, rubbing my face and running my fingers through my hair.

"What are you tired from? We've barely done anything all day." JJ laughed.
I flipped him off and laid back down how I was before.
"You ok?" I heard Sarah whisper to me, she was now laying down next to me.

I turned my head and looked at her. I just shrugged my shoulders.
I don't remember what happened after that because I fell back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
We returned to the chateau a little while later. I was sitting in the backyard's hammock and gazing out at the water. Watching the sunset.
"Hey Kiara." Sarah came over with two plates.
I fixed myself and Sarah came onto the hammock too. Across from me.
She gave me a plate with a sandwich on it.

"I had Wheezie bring us all a bunch of sandwiches from your parents' restaurant." She said as she sat in the hammock.
I nodded my head as I took the plate.
"Thanks..." I said, looking at the plate, debating on eating it. For some reason, I just didn't want to eat.

"Hey are you ok?" She asked me.
I looked back up at her.
"What?" I asked her.
"Are you good? You... I don't know... you don't seem like yourself..." she told me.
I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders. Then I just looked back out at the water.

"Is this because of your parents?" She asked.
I looked at her.
"Sorry... that was out of line..." she said.
"No, it's ok... maybe you're right... these past few days... I don't know... I know I haven't been myself... may- maybe it is because of everything that happened. Everything just snowballed and I don't know..." I said.

"Have they tried contacting you? You know, besides through me?" She asked me.
I nodded my head.
"Yea, they both have been trying to text me. But I've just been ignoring them." I said.

We both stayed quiet and I took a bite of the sandwich. I only had maybe 2 bites before all of a sudden, I felt weird. I put one hand over my mouth, and the other on my stomach. I barely leaned myself over the hammock enough before I suddenly just threw up,
"Woah, hey are you ok?" Sarah asked me.
Once I finished, she gave me a water bottle and I drank it.

I took some deep breaths before I spoke.
"Yea... yea... I think so..." I said.
Sarah took the plate from me and I got off the hammock. I could barely hold myself up and sat on the ground.
I just felt sick now and I didn't know what to do expect put my head in my knees.

"Hey Kie, do you want me to get someone? What- what do you want me to do?" Sarah worriedly asked me.
I looked up at her and shook my head.
"No, no... just... help me inside..." I said.

~Sarah's POV~
I helped Kiara up and got her into the chateau. She just had her head in my neck, and I could hear her breathing heavy. All the boys looked at us and I gave them a look to stop and shut up.