Chapter 7- What Is Your Problem?

-a week later-
~Kiara's POV~
It was the middle of the day and JJ and I were at his place, wondering how we would tell my parents. We think that our friends are already suspicious. We've been doing somewhat good at hiding everything. But there have been a few screw-ups. I haven't even told Sarah, and I usually tell her everything.

"I mean... we could just go to my place and just tell them?" I suggested.
"That's the straight forward way..." he said.
We were on his back porch on the couch together.
"Had anyone been suspicious about us?" I asked him.
He hesitated, but nodded his head. "Yea, uh after you left last night, Pope and John B wouldn't stop asking about us..." he said.

I groaned and covered my face.
"You know we have to tell them. And we have to tell my parents to be able to go to the doctors." I told him.
"You can't make a doctor's appointment yourself?" He asked me.
I shook my head. "Once I said my birthday, they told me I have to be at least 18 to make it."

He sighed and put his hand on the bridge of his nose.
"Alright, we can figure something out..." he said.
"Yea, I'm sure we will." I said.
"But I mean... do we need a doctor?" He asked me.
I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Of course we need to see a doctor. To see if everything is ok and learn more about what to do." I told him.
All of a sudden, we heard some noise outside and saw John B, Sarah, and Pope pull up in the Twinkie.
I groaned and got myself off of JJ and we both got up.

"We're going on the Druther's. You coming with?" Pope asked us from the Twinkie.
I looked at JJ. We both knew that I didn't want to. I've been so sick lately. But what would we tell them? How would we tell them?

"Uh... y- yea... yea let's go." I said.
JJ looked at me. But we both got ready and went to the Twinkie. We got to Sarah's house, went on the Druther's and left.

When we drove about a mile into the water, John B put the anchor down and we just chilled on the boat. Sarah came up onto the top deck where we all were and threw us each a beer. I looked at JJ.
"What do I do?" I mouthed at him, freaking out a bit.
He shrugged his shoulders.
I just put the beer next to me, but didn't open it.

~JJ's POV~
I could tell Kie didn't know what to do and slightly freaked out about the beer. She put it beside her and I don't think anyone noticed.

For some reason, we all got into a conversation about the earth and pollution. I don't know how the hell that even came up, but Kie started chiming in as well.
"All I'm saying is that, people who don't recycle should be shot." She chimed in. And I noticed she started getting a little mad.

"Kie it's not that serious." Pope laughed.
"Yea, damn like chill..." John B laughed.
"No I won't chill out! You guys are what's wrong with the earth! You're killing it!" She yelled at them.
"Ok what the hell is with you lately?" Pope started raising his voice at her. "Seriously, what's your problem?"

Kie was on the verge of tears and then just left.
I wanted to smash Pope's head on the floor.
"What the hell is wrong with her?" John B asked.
"Why the hell were you guys yelling at her like that?" I asked them, getting defensive.
"What are you getting so defensive for?" Sarah asked.

I scoffed and shook my head. I got up and went to go find Kie. I heard something fall as I got up, but it didn't matter to me. Kie was my only and first priority. It took me a minute, but I found her in the galley. She was sitting on the couch, just crying.
"Hey, hey it's alright..." I told her.
She curled into a ball and I pulled her into my chest.

"I don't even know why I got so upset... I don't know why I feel like this...." She sniffled.
"Well, I think I might know why..." I slightly chuckled, putting my hand on her flat stomach.
She laughed a little too, put her hand on top of mine, and looked at her stomach.