Chapter 23- First Day of Senior Year

-Kiara is 20 weeks-
~Kiara's POV~
It was our first day of senior year. JJ wasn't too thrilled, mainly just because it's school. But I was so overwhelmed and stressed the fuck out. Part of me was about to just drop out yesterday because of how freaked out I was about it. But I knew I needed to do my last year and just get it over with. Get my diploma, and figure out what we're doing.

JJ walked in our bedroom as I was getting dressed. I was looking through my drawers, trying to find an outfit. "Kie, we have to go in 20 minutes."
I wasn't looking at him, still looking in my drawers. "I know ok? Just shut up." I snapped at him.

I felt him come up behind me and hug me from behind. "I know you're stressed out, but relax... you being stressed is just gonna make you feel worse."
I looked at him and just hugged him. I felt him kiss my head and play with my hair.

I pulled away and just looked at him. He smiled down at me and kissed my head, "Just relax and breathe... it'll be ok... and we got that gender appointment to look forward to right after school."
I smiled a bit, knowing he was right.

I eventually got ready in just a crop top and leggings. There's no use is trying to hide my stomach. I'm 20 weeks, so it's impossible now.
JJ and I got in the car and I drove us to Kildare county high school.

Once we parked, I felt my stomach turn, but that could also just be our baby inside of me. I looked around at everyone, but my attention was soon broken when I felt JJ's hand on mine. I looked at him. He gave me a slight smile.

I looked at the time and we had to go. We both got out of the car and started walking towards the school. JJ wrapped his arm around me and kept me close as we walked. I felt like everyone was staring at us and I felt like my chest was closing. I stopped walking in my tracks and JJ felt me and looked at me. "What's wrong?"

I looked at him with tears welling up in my eyes and shook my head. "I don't wanna do this..."
He looked at me and wiped my tears, cupping my face in his hands. "Hey, hey it's alright..."
After about maybe 5 minutes, he calmed me somewhat down and we went inside.

We got into our homeroom and we both sat in the back of the class along with John B and Pope.
Pope saw us come in and rolled his eyes, giving John B $20. I looked at them confused. "What's the money for?"
John B laughed a bit before he spoke. "Pope didn't think you were gonna come."

I look at Pope and roll my eyes. Pope then spoke up, "In my defense, you were feeling sick a few days ago. So I didn't think you were gonna come."
I shrugged a bit and sat back in my chair.

A few minutes later, the teacher quieted us all down and started taking attendance. "John Booker Routledge" she said after a few names.
John B said here. A few more than down the list, she called out Pope's name, he did the same as John B.

John B looked at me, "Yo, she skipped your name."
I looked at him and just shook my head. "No she didn't."
About a minute later, she calls out JJ's name, and right after she says "Kiara Maybank". I raised my hand and said here, then I held my hand in JJ's. Once the teacher said my name I then saw a few eyes go towards me and JJ.
I just looked down at the desk for a few seconds and JJ squeezed my hand.

After a while, it was nearing the end of lunch time and JJ and I were just sitting in an empty outside area on my steps. He turns to look at me, "How much time until we gotta go back in?"
I looked at my phone. "15 minutes."
He nodded and got a lighter and blunt out of his bag and took a hit, blowing the smoke in the air. He turned to look at me again and and offered the blunt to me. I just sort of stared at him, trying to make him realize his stupidity.

He didn't realize and just looked confused. "Do you want some or no?"
I laugh a bit and roll my eyes, then grab his hand and put it on my stomach. He looked down and then realized. "Oh shit, my bad."

I laughed a bit. And played with his hair a bit. "Yea, and I love you. But the smell of weed is making me feel a bit sick, so I'm just gonna go inside and let you finish out here ok?"

I got up from the step. JJ nodded his head and stayed here. I kissed his head and grabbed my backpack.

After school I met up with JJ at the car. I finally saw him walk back to the car. "Finally, what took you so long?"
He chuckled and gave me a kiss before answering. "John B was telling me something that happened in his last class and wouldn't shut up."

I laughed a bit to his response and smiled at him. "We have the gender appointment is 30 minutes."
He smiled down at me and played with me hair a bit.
"Yea we do. You still think it's a boy?"
I nodded my head and laughed. "Yea, and I know I'm going to be right."
He laughed a bit and shook his head.

We both got in the car and drove to the appointment. Once we got to the doctors office, we sat in the waiting room. I leaned my head on his shoulder and had one hand on my stomach.

I felt JJ put his hand on my thigh and I couldn't help but look up at him and smile. He gave me a warm smile back and kisses my forehead. "You feel ok?"
I nodded my head and put my hand on top of his. "Yea, just tired. Today was kinda stressful, being at school again, especially while pregnant."

He nodded and kissed my forehead again. "Don't let them bother you. We're gonna be great parents." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

Not long after, we heard my name being calling and followed the nurse to a room. About 15 minutes later, the doctor came in. She asked me a few questions about the pregnancy and how I've been feeling, then she started doing the ultrasound.

JJ held my hand and we both looked at the screen on the computer. Dr. Anderson kept looking around before speaking. "Alright it looks like you're having a..."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊