Chapter 12- Our Home

-few days after Mid-Summers-
~Kiara's POV~
"Can you pass me that?" I asked JJ, pointing to a shirt on the bed. He handed it to me and I folded it, and put it in the drawer.

JJ and I have been slowly moving my stuff to his house. Just like clothes and a couple of other things. My parents surprisingly haven't noticed. My parents were gone all day yesterday, so we did move a lot of stuff. And I did have to get permission to stay at JJ's place last night. But soon, it'll be our place.

When we finished putting away the clothes we brought over, we both laid on the bed. We looked at each other and smiled.
"I'm excited to actually move in with you..." I whispered.

That made his smile wider and he played around with my hair like he always does. "I can't wait... why don't you officially just move in today?"
I laughed under my breath and smiled. "I really want to..."

A few hours later, JJ and I were laying together on the couch on the porch, when I got a phone call from my mom. I showed JJ my phone and hesitated before pressing accept and put the phone on speak.

Kie: hey mom, what's up?
Anna: hey honey, you need to come home right now.
Kie: um... why?
Anna: well, I was in your room, putting away some laundry and noticed almost all of your drawers completely empty.
Kie: uh, Mom I-
Anna: No, you are coming home right now and explaining everything. And don't you dare bring JJ.

She hung up the phone and I looked at JJ.
"Shit..." I groaned.
I got off the couch and JJ was right behind me. "Hey it's fine, at least we can now just tell them..."

I looked at him and shook my head. "What am I supposed to say? They're going to start yelling at me either way no matter what I say."
"Don't worry... I'll be there with you..." he told me.
"You sure? I mean, you heard my mom... she's probably going to yell at you more than me.." I told him.

He nodded his head and grabbed my hand. "I'll always be here for you.."
I gave him a small smile and we drove to my parents house.
We walked inside and I called out for my mom. To which she responded that she was up in my room and to come up.

We both walked up and went to my room. My mom was sitting on my bed, and it looked like smoke was about to start coming out of her ears. She sort of just stood there, her mouth was tight and she looked like she wanted to kill me, especially when she saw JJ walking in behind me.

I finally just broke the silence. "Mom, I can explain..."
She just laughed and shook her head. "Please. Go ahead..."
I looked at JJ, and for some reason, this felt more nerve wracking than telling my parents we were pregnant.
Finally, I just blurted out, "I'm moving out."

My mom sort of didn't say anything at first. Then she just looked at me disappointed and almost disgusted at me. "Why? Just why? Why would you want to go live with a pogue on the cut instead of this house that your father and I have worked so hard for?"
"Because mom. We're having a baby together and I don't want him or her to be packing a bag every weekend to go see their dad. And I don't want to have to ask permission for every. Little. Thing. To go see the father of my child, to just go out and be with my friends..." I explained.

My mom ran her fingers through her hair and just kept doing that mad laugh under her breath. "Fine. You want to go live on the cut and be dirt poor? Be my guest..."
I looked at her and didn't understand why she was so upset. "I don't understand why you're reacting like this. You literally told me a month and a half ago that you guys wouldn't help me with the baby in any way. What does it matter if I live here or there?"

My mom just shook her head and didn't say anything, and then she just left the room. Right before she left the room, she said this, "Kiara, over here now. JJ, you stay there."

I reluctantly followed her to her bedroom. Once we got there, she closed her door and looked like she just wanted to cry. "I just... I don't understand why you would want to leave and be out on the cut... you have a home and room here."

"Because mom... I love him. I love him with all my heart. And we're having a baby together. I'm being a lot more independent this way, and our little family will live all together." I told her.
"What about bills for that house? I know Luke already left a while ago, so how is JJ still living there?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "JJ doesn't pay bills there. He literally pays nothing. The only thing he pays is for food. And he doesn't really cook that much or buy much groceries anyway. But now that we are starting to live together, I've noticed he's becoming a lot more responsible and clean. And with both of our incomes-yes I did the math- we make close to $90,000. Which is a good amount considering that we don't have to pay bills. And I've already started getting together a savings account for this little baby because in like 2 months, we're going to start buying stuff."

My mom looked at me shocked. "I didn't think you thought about this so much..."
I sort of laughed a bit. "Yea, I've given this a lot of thought. I knew I wanted to live with JJ no matter what, but I also know I needed to see everything from the financial aspect too. Just to make sure that we would make enough to be ok. But not too little that we would be living paycheck to paycheck."

My mom nodded her head and hugged me. "Just... know that if anything ever happens. You can always come back. And your father and I will be here. I'm sorry we've been so rough on you... but we'll try and be more patient and understanding. I'm proud of you that you're becoming so independent... you got this, you're going to be a great mom..."

When we pulled away, I started crying. My hormones mixed with what she just said, I didn't know how to react. "Thanks mom..." I just said, while wiping my tears.

JJ and I were at my parents house for maybe another hour, just finishing packing up everything, and then we left back to our place. Once we went inside our place, JJ hugged me from behind.

"Welcome home. This is your place now, if you want to change it or do something to it, you can do it. Paint the walls, move some furniture around. You can do it." He told me.
I turned my head to smile at him. "I love you..."

He kissed me and we laid down on the couch. I had my head on his lap while I had one arm behind me, and one hand on my stomach. JJ had one of his hands on my stomach too. We smiled at each other and squeezed each other's hands. Then I looked out at the area. Thinking about how we could maybe change it a bit to look for like us. For Our Home.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊