Chapter 15- I Want Your Last Name

~Kiara's POV~
It's a few days after JJ proposed to me. I woke up with my head on JJ's chest. I looked up at him as he was sleeping and smiled. I couldn't believe that just 6 months ago we were just best friends, and now, I'm 3 and half months pregnant with our baby, and we're engaged.

I ended up having to use the bathroom, so I carefully got off the bed to not wake up JJ. Once I got back, he was awake and smiled when he saw me come back in the room.

He held his arm out and let me snuggle up right next to him when I came back in bed. "Morning, beautiful."
I smiled and gave him a kiss. "Morning."
He grabbed my left hand and looked at my ring.
I smiled looked at my ring too. "I love you."
He looked at me and kissed me. "I love you more."

We laid together in bed for maybe another 20 minutes before we both got up and went to the kitchen.
"I'm really hungry." I laughed.
JJ laughed too. "What do you want to eat?"
I thought about it and then once I finally figured out what I wanted, I laughed to myself. "Ok, this is really specific, but I really want that breakfast burrito thing from The Wreck."

JJ looked at me a bit confused, but then he understood what I meant. "Ohh yea. I remember that was like your favorite thing from there a few years back for a while."
I looked at him super confused. "I can't believe you remembered that."

We eventually got ready and headed to The Wreck. We didn't really have to worry about my parents now too much because now they've actually warmed up to JJ. How they changed their minds so quickly? I have no clue. Do I want to know? Not really.

Once we got there, we saw my mom at the counter. She saw us walk in and pointed at a table for us to sit down. We went to the table and she came by after about a minute.
"Hey you two, what brings you by?" She asked us.
"This baby wants a breakfast burrito..." I laughed.

She laughed and smiled. "Alright, and JJ, what about you?"
JJ looked at the menu quickly. "I'll just take the pancakes."
My mom wrote it down and then left.
Once she left, JJ looked at me and smiled. He held my hand and fiddled around with my ring.

Once I looked at my ring, I immediately pulled my hand away. Then I whispered while freaking about a bit to JJ. "Shit we haven't told my parents yet."
He just laughed under his breath and shook his head. "They already know."

I looked at him confused. "What? How?"
"I asked them for permission the day before I proposed."
I looked at him surprised. "And they let you?"
He smiled and nodded his head. "Yea, they did..."

After we finished at the Wreck, we went back home and we were in Luke's old room, which we're going to convert into the nursery.
"What were you thinking in terms of decorations, themes, colors?" JJ asked me.
"I was thinking that for a boy, we make it grey and blue, and for a girl, grey and pink.." I told him.

He looked at me.
"What?" I asked him.
Then he laughed and shook his head. "That is the most basic thing I have ever heard you say."
I rolled my eyes, shook my head, and laughed.
He laughed too and pulled me in to give me a kiss. "You know I'm joking right?"

I pulled away from him and joked around with him. "Yea, yea... maybe it'll be easier when we know the gender."
"Alright, well I'm going to be right." He smiled.
I looked at him and shook my head. "Nope, it's a boy and I know it."
He smiled and rubbed my arm. "We'll see..."

We only spent maybe 20 more minutes in the room before we left and went outside to his porch.
"So... when do you want to do the wedding?" JJ asked me.
I smiled at him and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't really care about all that... I'll be happy by just going to the courthouse and signing a certificate right now."
He looked at me a bit surprised. "Really?"

"Yea... I can't wait to change my last name..." I smiled.
JJ looked at me, and I think he thought I was joking at first. "You're serious?"
I laughed and nodded my head. "Yes, and imagine the look on everyone's face at school when they take attendance and they hear we have the same last name. Those reactions will be priceless."

He smiled and gave me a kiss. "I love you..."
I smiled up at him and kissed him back. "I love you more.." Then I grabbed his hand and put it on my stomach. "We love you more."
He wrapped his arm around me as we looked at the water.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that night, JJ and I were getting ready for bed. JJ was already laying in bed as I was brushing my teeth.
"Hey Kie!" I heard JJ call out.
"One sec!" I called back out, while still brushing my teeth. Once I finished, I put my hair up in a messy bun and went into our room.

JJ was facing his closet, holding some items.
"What did you need?" I asked him.
He turned around and I saw he had some photos in his hands. Then he looked at me and smiled. "Look at what I found." He showed me the photos and it was photos of the two of us when we were way younger.

I looked at the photos and my jaw dropped. "Oh my god, how old were we here? Like 8?" I laughed.
He nodded his head. "I think 7. At least that's what the date on the back adds up to."

We looked at the photos for probably another 5 minutes before laying down in bed.
"You know... it's not too late to change your mind about changing your last name. The Maybank name doesn't exactly have the best reputation." JJ laughed as we laid there.

I looked at him. "I know... but that was your dad's fault. It's up to us to make the right choices and decisions for how we want our name represented."
He smiled at me. "You're sure?"
I laughed and nodded my head. "I said it once, and I'll say it again until it comes true. I want your last name..."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊