Chapter 13- I Want To Marry Her

-Kie is now 14 weeks-
~JJ's POV~
I woke up to some movement on the bed and opened my eyes. I saw Kie getting back in bed. She looked at me as she got back in bed.

"What time is it?" I asked her.
She shrugged her shoulders and laid down right next to me, hugging me. She buried her head in my shoulder.

I kissed the top of her head. "Are you feeling ok?" I whispered.
She nodded her head and I could feel her light breathing. "Yea, just tired..."
I chuckled a little under my breath and rubbed her back before we both fell back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
I woke back up a little bit later. I checked my phone and it was 9am. I had plans for the day, so I got up, careful not to wake up Kie, and got dressed. Once I did get dressed, I looked at Kie. She was laying on her side, wearing some shorts and one of my shirts. I smiled at her and gave her a light kiss before leaving.

I made sure I had everything before I got on my motorbike and headed to a pawn shop. I met up with Sarah and John B outside.
"Hey, where's Kie?" John B asked.
"Sleeping, you think she was going to come? It would ruin the surprise." I laughed.

They both laughed and agreed.
Then Sarah gave me an envelope, it had a bunch of money in it. I looked at her confused.
"It's for right now, and tomorrow night. And... consider it a baby gift too." She said.

I nodded my head and put it in my backpack.
"Thanks. I already had some money actually." I said, showing them the money I had in my wallet.
"Where the hell did you get all that cash from?" John B asked.
I gave him a look and he already knew. "Borrowed it.." was all I said.

We went inside the pawn shop and there was a young women at the counter. "Can I help you three?"
I walked up to her and looked at the jewelry casing she was standing behind. "Yea uh... I was wondering if you guys had any rings." I told her.

"Ok, do you have a specific style or cut?" She asked me. I looked at John B and Sarah, I had no clue what she meant.
"Uh no, it doesn't matter." Sarah spoke up.
Then the lady took out a bunch of different rings. "Do you want silver, gold, diamond?"

"Uh, silver." I told her.
She started getting rings out and putting some back. "Do you know the size that you need?"
I pulled out a ring that I took from Kie's jewelry box from the last time we were at her parents house.

The lady took the ring, measured it on this stick thing, and then started taking more rings out of the pile she had. Then we were left with 5 rings.
"Ok, based on everything, these rings fit best with your description. Which one would you like?" The lady asked.

I looked at all the rings and didn't really know what to choose. I didn't know which on Kie would like the best. Then Sarah chimed in. "That one. That one screams Kie."
She pointed to a ring that had a diamond in the middle, and then a bunch of small one going in a braided like pattern on the sides.

I looked at the ring and then up at the lady. "Is this a real diamond?"
She shook her head. "No it's moissanite. Looks very realistic to a diamond."
"Kie will still love it though." Sarah said. "She'll probably even say yes if you do it with a ring pop." She laughed.

I laughed at her comment because she's right, I hope.
"I'll take it. How much?" I asked her.
"$250." She said.
I was about to get out the money when John B grabbed my arm. He pulled me aside. "Dude, you're in a pawn shop, try and knock the price down."

I realized he was right. I went back over to the lady. And I decided to start really low. "Can you do $50?"
She looked like me as if I was crazy. "I can do $225."
"$75."
"$200."
"$100."
"$150."

I looked at Sarah and John B.
"I can't go any higher than $125." I told the lady.
She looked at the ring, and then at me. "Ok. Fine. $125."

I gave her the money, and she put the ring in a box for me. Then we left the pawn shop.
"So where are we going tomorrow? Sarah just told me that Kie, her, you, and I are going on a double date somewhere?" John B asked me.
"Yea, I got us reservations at this restaurant in Chapel Hill..." I told him.

He looked at me like he couldn't believe it, then looked at Sarah. "You helped him with that, didn't you?" He laughed.
Sarah laughed and nodded her head. "Yea, of course I did, Kie is my best friend. And you know that they'd be so cute together."

I smiled and nodded my head. "I appreciate it Sarah, I promise I'll pay you back."
She shook her head. "Don't worry about it. Save your money."
"What now?" John B asked.
"Uh, I wanted to ask her parents for permission... I know they don't like me, but I just want to ask. You know, to be nice?" I told them.

"What if they say no?" Sarah asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders. "Fuck it. I'm still gonna marry her."
They both laughed.
Then my phone went off. It was Kie. I answered it.

JJ: hello?
Kie: hey, um... where are you?
JJ: I have to do some things. Why? Are you ok?
Kie: yea I'm fine... the baby and I miss you..
JJ: I miss you guys too... I'll be home in maybe... 2 ish hours.
Kie: ok, I love you.
JJ: I love you more... I'll see you later.

Once I hung up, John B and Sarah both looked at me and laughed a little.
"What?" I asked them.
"No... nothing... it's just, it's nice to see this new side of you." John B smiled.
I laughed under my breath and looked down. "Thanks... I better go to her parents house right now and get this over with."

I left and headed over to Kie's parents' house now. Once I got there, I was a little nervous. But I went up to the front door and knocked.
Mr. Carrera opened the door. "JJ, what are you doing here?"
"Hi uh- is Mrs. Carrera here too?" I asked him.

"Anna!" He called out.
Within a minute, Miss Anna came out too. "JJ... why are you here?"
"I wanted to talk to you both..." I told them.
They both looked at each other, but then let me in.

The three of us stood in their house and they both stared at me.
"What is it, JJ?" Miss Anna asked me.
I fidgeted around with my hands for a minute before I just said it. "With your permission... I'd like to marry your daughter... and before you say no-"

Miss Anna cut me off. "Ok.." she smiled and nodded her head.
I just froze, not believing them. "Wait... really?"
They both looked at each other, then nodded their heads.

"Yes... Kiara explained to us how kind and loving you've been to her this pregnancy... we've... never seen her this happy before... you bring out this light in her. You have our consent." Mr. Carrera told me.

I just stood there in shock for a minute before finally just just smiling and nodding my head. "Ok, thank you so much..." I said before running out.

I left back to mine and Kie's place with a big smile on my face. I can't wait to ask her tomorrow night. I want to marry her.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

You Are My Everything जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें