IX. Day Dreams

Chapter 9,
    Day Dreams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The date went fantastic, Chloe came back home a little tipsy but she had a big smile on her face

    The date went fantastic, Chloe came back home a little tipsy but she had a big smile on her face. It was a little late into the night so Chloe would call Yasmin and spill the details in the morning, but if she could relive this day over and over again she would. She hasn't felt this amazing since forever.
  After taking a shower, scrubbing her body clean, Chloe changed into her pajamas and walked to her bed room. When she shut her eyes, she already knew her dreams would be about June, even if she didn't want it to be. She was already obsessed with him, but not in a crazy way.

  Her eyes began to get heavier by the second, but Chloe didn't miss a beat to thank her lucky stars for allowing her to be this happy. Yasmin had done a good job playing match maker, she knew how to make her best friend happy. How was Chloe ever going to repay her?
  That would be a tomorrow's question, but Chloe was determined to make Yasmin as happy as her. Even if it meant taking a whole year to do so, it was going to happen.

  "You were right, June is perfect, the date itself was perfect." Chloe gushed as she watched Yasmin kick her shoes off and close the front door.

  If you were quiet enough, you could hear Chloe relive her perfect date as she walked to the kitchen. If she were to smile any bigger, she would have so many muscle cramps in her face.

  "I'm glad you enjoyed the date, was he a gentleman?" Yasmin asked as she followed her best friend to the kitchen.

  Gentleman was an understatement for June, he wasn't just a gentleman, but he was something greater than that. No man should ever be as perfect as he was, it felt as if he wasn't real and Chloe had made him up. But June cleared it all up, as he had messaged her that same morning, thanking her for making the date so magical.
  Chloe had decided to go into detail about everything that had happened, as that was another way for her to relive it. She knew for a fact she wanted to go on another date with June, but she didn't want to ask him just yet.

  Not because she was afraid of him rejecting her, but because she believed it was a little too soon. She wanted to wait out her feelings, and see if she would still yearn for him after a week. If she did, then she would call him and ask for a second date.
  Yasmin thought that she would be feeling proud of herself, but she wasn't. The girl had watched her best friend smile, and completely spill her guts about a guy, and it bothered her. Why was she even bothered? Yasmin was the one who came up with the idea.

  One moment she was happy that she was able to make her best friend happy but the next she wanted to jump in front of a bus for even considering an idea like that. Maybe she should have kept her mouth shut, and minded her business. Does this make her a bad best friend?

  "Yas? Are you even listening to me right now?" Chloe questioned as she waved her hand in front of Yasmin, who was currently in a day dream.

  "Yeah, sorry. I zoned out, but only for a second." Yasmin smiled sheepishly as she continued to listen to the rambles of the girl in front of her.

  How does she manage to look so pretty? How is she able to stand in front of me, and talk about this date, while still looking gorgeous?

  Yasmin thought to herself, which was a little out of the ordinary but maybe it was just her praising her best friend. They always complimented each other, even if they were in an argument.

  I should have been on that date, not him. I should have been the one fucking you in the bathroom, not Jay!

  That was when everything took a turn, why would Yasmin even think like that? It was completely out of pocket and out of line, even for her. Something was changing, and she didn't know what. All she knew was that she shouldn't tell Chloe about it.