XIX. We're Gonna Be Alright

Chapter 19,
We're Gonna Be Alright
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yasmin was sitting, nope, sulking on her bed as she listened to some music, there was nothing she could do now. Chloe was super happy with June, even though she was the one who decides to set the two up. It seemed like a good idea at the moment but now she regrets it.
It seemed like it was a toxic thing but Yasmin couldn't help it, she felt like she sabotaged herself and everything she has ever wanted. Self sabotage you could say.

"Fuck, why do I do this to myself.." Yasmin muttered to herself as she slowly laid on her back, staring at the ceiling.

It didn't seem like it now but Yasmin is going to get through this, she just needs to realize that there are going to be people who love her for her. Yeah, they're not going to be Chloe but they're going to be someone. The air felt like it was plastic and it wouldn't go into her lungs correctly.
Blake was awake at this midnight hour but it felt wrong to want to call him, ask to get high, and then vent to him about everything. Not that he even minded though, he wanted to help the girl out but she felt like a burden.

"Fuck it." Yasmin sat up and grabbed her phone, turning off her music and dialing Blake's number.

There was a possibility that he was already coming over, he knew that it would take a while before Yasmin decided to tell him how she was feeling.

"I don't know why life is so fucking complicated." Yasmin stated as she put the joint towards her lips and inhaled, taking a moment before exhaling the smoke.

"That's because your life is officially starting, you're figuring yourself out." Blake comforted as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and smiled.

It was weird how Blake knew what to say, when to say and how to say it. All Yasmin knew was that she was thankful for his existence and for their friendship, not everyone has a Blake. As the night continued, the two were higher than the fucking ceiling.
At least they weren't an out of control high but a chill and emotional high, both wanting to explain how grateful they are for their friendship. Normally this would have been Chloe, Yasmin and Blake.

"I know how much you like Chloe and I know that it must hurt seeing her with someone else but this is God's way of explaining that there is someone bigger and better out there for you Yas! You just, you're bitch ass just gotta believe." Blake joked as he laid down on the girl's bed.

Yasmin rolled her eyes jokingly before laying down beside the boy, nodding her head. She knew he was correct hut right now she wanted to believe that they could actually work out.

"I know that fucker, I just want to pretend for a moment that I could actually have a chance with Chlo."

Blake didn't respond, but instead he nodded his head as well and grabbed her hand.

"You know you're gonna be alright, right?" Blake suddenly asked as he sat up, almost as if he had sobered himself up to say that.

Yasmin sat up as well and nodded her head as she smiled at him, she knew everything was going to be fine even if it felt like it wasn't going to be.

"You're a strong girl, and this crush isn't going to define your whole life." Blake kissed her forehead and smiled at her.

That was all she need to hear, everything was going to be fine because none of her choices or crushes defined her life.