Part 1 ✨

Anaya POV:
Today is the day when i am finally graduating college. Despite having no friends college was the best time of my life. It give me some time away from home. I'm not well liked at home so college is a temporary escape for me.

i went down the stairs and collided with my bhabhi (sister-in-law). She was carrying a glass of milk. All of it was now on my shirt.

Instead of apologizing, She screamed, "Andhi ho kia" (Are you blind). I immediate apologized not wanting to create a scene. She huffed and went back to the kitchen to take another glass of milk.

I too went back to my room to change my shirt. Looking at the clock i realized i have got only 5 minutes before the bus leave. I hurriedly picked up the first shirt that came into view and ran towards the bus station.

Reaching the bus station, i saw bus has already left. I mentally curshed my bhabhi, if not for her I would have reached the station on time.

I began walking on foot because i have no money for taxi. Although my family owns a car but I'm not allowed to use it. My father doesn't even acknowledge my presence. His behavior with my brother and me are different. I never understood the reason for this biasness.

I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't even realize i reached my college gate. As today is the last day of college our teachers gave us day off. There is a farewell party after school. Although i rarely talk to my classfellows they invited me out of courtesy.

I was still deciding whether i should go or not when a phone call came from house. It was my mother.

"Anaya when are you coming home"
"The time i usually come"
"Don't tell me you forgot"
"What did i forget"
"Today is your cousin valima (reception)"
"Alright i will come back Early"

After an hour, I decided to head back home. On the way i passed our neighbor and family friend Shahnawaz Ali. Out of basic human decency i gave him a smile which he flat out ignored. Rude. I don't know what's wrong with him. He is 39 and still single. He lives on his own.

Shrugging my shoulder, I went inside my house. I saw that everyone was already dressed. i immediately went inside my room and got dressed.

When i came outside, i saw that everyone has left. i called my mother to find out where is everyone and all she said that they accidentally forgot about me and i should come to the reception by a taxi and cut the call.

Frustrated, I started crying. Why do they always do this? How could they forgot about me? They treat me like a burden.

After cleaning my face i realized that i had no money. All of my pocket money went towards my college textbooks. I didn't ask for more because i knew my father will just deny me.

I was Infront of my house gate when i saw Shahnawaz coming out of his house. I immediately went towards him.
"Can you please take me to my cousin reception"
"No" He flat out refused and walked away.

i ran after him and grabbed his arm.
He Yanked my hand and said
"Don't ever touch me again"
He went and sat in his car. After sometime he honked. Thinking it was someone else I ignored. He honked again i turned to saw that it was Shahnawaz.

I went towards his car he rolled down the window and said
"Sit"
"But you said"
"Don't make me repeat myself and sit"
I was about to open the backdoor of the car when he said
"I'm not your driver come and sit at the front"

I hurriedly sat on the passenger seat Don't want to anger him more.
During the ride, he stayed silent as expected. It's not like i was expecting him to make a conversation. I noticed that he was quite good-looking If you ignore his sour attitude.

I was lost in thoughts when the car stopped.
"Get out" He said
"What"
"We have reached"
I immediately got out and was about thank him but he drove off.

I went inside the wedding hall . Spotting my mother i went towards her. She didn't even acknowledge me . I would be lying if i said it didn't hurt. But this is the way it always has been I'm used to being a ghost in my own family.

Hoping you like this Chapter💫
Don't forget to vote and comment.

Peace out✌️