Part 5💫

Amna's POV:

"Bhai i need to talk to you about something"
"Yes i know"
"You do?" How does he know. He can't possibly know.
"About your engagement na Mama told me"
Oh he doesn't know .
"Yeah about that"
"Tbh i think you should go for it i know the guy he is very nice. He has got manners and will respect you and keep you happy"
"Bhai but i don't want to marry him"
"Amna you have to get married na at some point of your life. We are not rushing you now. It's just an engagement"

Why isn't he understanding my point. I gathered the courage to talk to him but it's all shattered now. Ali has been forcing me too I don't know what to do. Everyone just making decision for me. My life feels like a kite and it's thread is in everyone's hand but me.

In the evening the guest are coming supposedly to discuss the engagement date. Ali is eating my ear off i didn't tell him they are coming today. Thank god is out of town for some work otherwise he would have made a scene.

The guest came i met them nicely because if i behave rudely they will question my parents upbringing. And i don't want my parents to be embarrassed because of me.

I'm looking at the ring in my hand. How did it came here? I'm losing track of time. I don't know what's happening around me.

Ali still doesn't know. My phone starting ringing. It was an unknown number. I picked up.

"Hello it's Ahmed"
"Ahmed who" I don't recall knowing any ahmed nor did i gave my number to a person named Ahmed.
"Uhm your fiance we got engaged tonight"
Oh so his name his Ahmed i wasn't even listening when my parents were telling me about him.
"Oh ok"
"I know we don't know each other so how about we became friends first?"
"Yeah sure"

He kept on asking questions and i only gave one or two word answers. Thank God when he cut the call.

I went to Ammar bhai.
"I want to talk to you about something"
"Is it about Ahmed again?"
"No i mean Yes kind of"
"Amna"
"Let me talk na please"
"Ok i will be silent"
"Bhai i like someone else "
"What do you mean? Who"
"Bhai it's Ali"

I felt a sharp sting on my cheek. He slapped me. My brother slapped me. In 20 years of my life i never thought he was capable of raising his hands on me let alone slap me. I am shocked.

"Don't you dare repeat this again. I didn't expect this thing from you. Ahmed is your fiance focus on him. I will talk to Ali. He is ruining you. I considered him our brother. "
"Bhai don't please is liking someone a crime?"
"Have you forgotten what's his family has done for us?"
"Bhai you can't blame him for his family"
"I don't want to talk about this anymore and finish whatever you have with him otherwise i will be forced to take some drastic measures"

He got up and left. I burst out crying. I wasn't expecting him to react this harsh. If my own brother isn't supporting how am i going to convince my parents. I'm so cornered.

Ali has just gotten home. He wants to meet on the roof. I waited until everyone falls asleep. Ali saw the ring on my finger. He instantly asked about it. Oh shit i forgot to take it off.

"From where did you get this ring"
"Oh nowhere"
"Amna i swear to God don't lie to me"
"Ali i wanted to tell you earlier"
"Tell me what"
"My parents fixed my engagement with someone"

I heard a noise. Ali smashed his watch on the floor. It terrified me. I went to him but he raised his hand indicating me not to come.

"Ali listen"
"Don't just go"
"But"
"Just go don't force me to say something harsh go from here for love of god"

I came back in my room. I feel so alone. Everyone is mad at me. I don't know how to fix it. I didn't do anything. God help me. Give me the patience to deal with this.

Hope you like this chapter.
Do vote and comment
Peace out✌️