3🌹

Areeba's POV:
I am walking on the campus with my head down. I don't want to make eye contact with anyone. My walk to class is enough to bring out my social anxiety.

I didn't even realize that i bumped into a wall. When did they construct a wall here? I walk here everyday. I look up to see noone other than the person i want to see the most. Abubakar.

"I am sorry" I said and tried to move away but he held my hand to stop me.
"Let me go"
"First tell me why were you not picking up my calls"
"You were calling me at 2"
"So"
"I don't know about you but normal people sleep at that time so that is what i was doing"
"Whatever wait for me after university" He said and walked off.

Wait i can't stay after university. My mother is not going to pick me up today she is busy. So i have to use college transport which leaves immediately after university ends. I don't want to use public transport. All sorts of creeps are present there.

Lectures passed in a blur.
"Come on Let's go"
"i can't"
"What do you mean?"
"I can't miss the college bus"
"You have transportation issues" I nodded my head.
"No worries i will drop you off" Why is he suddenly being so generous? Due to the project idiot he doesn't care about you. He just wants to ace this project and doesn't want to loose his golden boy status.

"Now What" We are both standing in the parking lot. Abubakar is typing furiously on his phone and does not look in a mood to stop.
"Let's go to the public library"
"What is wrong with the university's library?"
"You call that shitty place a Library? It is more a make out point" He said with a straight face. I burst out laughing. So true. I once caught a couple during their session. They were literally over each other. Shoving tongues in each other's throat Infront of literally multiple people.

We have to decided to base our assignment on Erik Erikson's development theory. How an individual go through stages of life. And i am not going to have a middle life crisis until 30. That's assuring. Right now we are going through a stage called intimacy. There is nothing close to romance in my life. I must have spoken it out loud because Abubakar replied "Me Neither"
"I thought you were popular about girls"
"I am"
"So"
"I will never go for a girl who throws herself at my feet and doesn't have a self respect"
"Aren't you full of yourself?"
"You don't believe me i will prove it to you"
"Ok Done"

We completed half of our work. It is now getting late. I asked Abubakar to drop me off. Overall Abubakar is a decent company. I wasn't expecting this. I thought he was going to spoil my mood with his bitter attitude but thankfully none of it happened.

A mother still hasn't came home. She must be working overtime. I should make something for her. I decided to cook rice Because it is the only thing i know.

I heard a car horn. I ran to open the door and said hi.
"Beta(child) you are here "
"Yeah mama i came an hour ago. Are you hungry?"
"Yes let's order something"
"Mama I already cooked something"
"Really wow"

I served the food and i am so happy she liked it. She kissed my hands to show her gratitude. I hugged her and told her it's nothing. I washed the dishes and we both retired to our room. I'm so tired. I got a text on my phone.
"Tomorrow i am going to show you how girls are so desperate for my attention"
"Sure whatever helps you sleep at night"
"You are underestimating me"
"I think you are overestimating yourself"
"I am not and i will prove it to you. Just wait and watch"
"I have got all the time in the World"

His texts made me smile. Despite his cold exterior, he is actually a very decent company. Who knew Genius Abubakar is capable of making jokes.

I hope you like this chapter.
Do support me on moboreader i desperately want your support there. If you want the link just DM me. I will appreciate it.