9🌙

Wahab's POV:

I am all geared up. Secured my nostrils. Covered my hands with gloves. Watched 3 videos on YouTube i think i am ready to do this. I heard the door opening. Me and zayn who is lying on desk turned our hand to check who it is. Ammara she came home already. I wasn't expecting her for another hour. She burst out laughing. I don't think what is so funny. I am waiting for her to stop so i can ask. She is still laughing and now clunching her stomach. She doesn't look like she is about to stop any time soon. I took matter in my own hands. Where is the mirror? I am going to check everything myself. I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror. I absolutely look horrendous. No wonder Ammara can not control her laugh.

"What the hell are you doing?"
"I was just about to change Zayn's diaper. He soiled it"
"What are you wearing"
"It is just a safety gear" Her laughter fit started again. I am so embarrassed. I can feel my blood rushing to my cheeks.
"Stop" i whispered
"Just give me a minute and i will it is just the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life"

Afterwards she showed me how to properly change a diaper. It is not that hard as i originally thought it would be. In fact is very easier once you understand the mechanics of it. Zayn calmly lied on the desk. I did right on the first attempt. Ammara gave me a thumbs up. Well as much as I don't want to i have to leave. Today was good i guess. I learnt how to change a diaper. I have to face dad's wrath too he is furious about me not showing up. Zayn came and give me a hug just as i about to go out of the door.

"Drive safely" i Heard a voice behind me bringing a smile to my face. Is that what it feels to have a family of your own. I can not believe once a thought having a family of your own was a nuisance. I used to make fun of people who thought about settling down earlier. I thought they were finishing their life with their own hands. But boy i was wrong. It is the real life. People caring about you, want to you to be safe at all times. My heart feels so full. It makes me so sad that I have to leave now and go to my own house. Only if we were married already but i do not want to put pressure on her by asking again and again i want her to ask me now. I am taking Baba's advice and being patient. But it is getting harder and harder to keep my patience.

As expected, my dad was furious. He asked me to do 100 sit ups first i thought he was joking but boy he was serious. He counted every sit up. He wants to cook dinner. I know i should not have done that but he is going a little board. He even gave our chef rest of the day off. Chef is the only person beside me my dad trusts. My dad asked to make biryani. I can barely make an omelette how am i suppose to make Biryani. I do not even like Biryani i have only eat it once in my life and hated the flavour and never tried it again. Again YouTube for the rescue. Man what are the things they are talking about. How am i suppose to know what is garam masala? I have never seen that in my life.

"Dad please forgive me na i have already apologized i do not know how to make biryani"
"Figure it otherwise do not bother coming for work tomorrow" He is not listening to me. Come on think something figure it out. An idea came in my mind. Ammara. She must know. I called her.

"Hey are you free"
"Yeah Do you need something"
"Yeah i need help making biryani"
"She sent me the list of ingredients with their pictures"
Instead of finding all of these stuffs in the kitchen i went to the grocery store and ask the worker there to help me find the stuff. First stage done now the cooking part. Nearly an hour later and burning my hand thrice i have cooked something under the instructions of Chef Ammara. Now taste test it is so delicious just the exact level of spice i like. I packed some for Ammara coming in a separate container. Now i have to arrange the table and serve. Dad is already seated.
I served him his plate. He took the first bite.
"How is it" i ask excitedly like a 3 year old girl.
"Fine" he murmured.  He crushed my hopes with just one word. I got up and was about to go to my room when dad called me back.
"I was joking it is very delicious. It reminded me of your mother. From where did you learn to cook"
"Ammara " i replied
"That girl truly has changed you for the better" he whispered but i heard it. She has. I have become way more tolerant. She made me realize how to be happy for someone else's happiness. How to live for someone's else. And the most important thing of all she has developed in me the love for kids. No one knew this but i was going to have a vasectomy when i was 21 but the doctor refused to perform the procedure until i am at least 27.

My mood has instantly gotten better. I should drop off the food when it is still fresh. I texted Ammara to check if she is awake. And she is. I called her outside so that she can take it. It is already late I don't want people to think badly of her why there is a stranger coming to her house at mid night.

"Does the offer still stands?"
"What offer"
" I am ready" she said and went back to the house. Took me a minute to realize that she said she is ready for the marriage. I start jumping with joy. I am the happiest person on the planet.

Hoping you like this chapter.
This short story is nearly ending. Did you guys like it?