11🌹

Areeba's POV:

My brain has been numb from yesterday. My thoughts are all hazy. I feel like i have lost the ability to think. Abubakar has been bombarding my phone but I don't have any energy to even pick up the phone and talk to him. My mother didn't come once to check up on me nor i was expecting her to. I know i have broken her heart. Now i understand why she loathe Abubakar. But she is projecting her hatred onto the wrong person. I still can't comprehend the fact that my father had cancer. On top of that Mr Gulzar refused to help him even when my father was on his death bed. All of this is too much.

It's afternoon. Sun rays are bathing my whole room. I can not lay in my bed forever but by god i wish i could. I gathered myself and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I am feeling a little better. I am still not ready to face mama but i have to. I can't hide in my room.

"Finally you are showing yourself" My mother said when she saw me coming down the stairs.
"Yeah"
"Made breakfast for you. Eat it and then we will talk" At the mention of food i realized i haven't eaten anything since yesterday's afternoon. My stomach is grumbling. I am done with my food.

"Tell me the whole story" My mom ordered.
"There is no story whatsoever we were friends and eventually this friendship blossomed into love"
"How long"
"2 months"
"Ya Allah mjy sabar de (God give me patience) You are ending it now"
"No mom i am not"
"What"
"I am not breaking up with him mom i am love him"
"Are you forgetting what his father did? Should i remind you again!?"
"Mom we should not punish him for his father's crime. He didn't even know about it. He is not very close with his father"
"If you want to be with him. Fine but on my dead body. If you are choosing him then remember i am dead to you" She said and went out of the house.

She has put in a very complicated situation. On one side is my mother my family and on the other side is the love of my life. I can not pick one without losing the other. I can't stay happy without either of them. My phone start ringing.

"Hey Areeba are you okay? I have been worried sick about you. Why are you not picking up the phone?" He bombarded me with questions.
"Abubakar" My voice came out like a whisper. He must have understood because he stopped asking me questions.
"Areeba calm down we are in it together. We will face whatever life throws at us. We will convince your mother about us. She is going to understand" i hummed in reply. He doesn't know she is not going to understand. The hatred has been rooted in her for years. I have seen it in her eyes. She hates Mr Gulzar and everything associated with it.

I can't be hopeless. I have try for it. My mama doesn't know Abubakar. There is teeny tiny possibility that she can change her mind if she gets to know how Abubakar is.
"Did you make a choice?" Mama asked.
"I will after you do one thing" She nodded her head.
"You are going to meet Abubakar. And you are going to do it with an open heart" She made cringe faces.
"Mama i am only asking a small thing from you. At least before rejecting him get to know him. After this if you don't like him i will do whatever you say"
"Whatever i say" I nodded my head in excitement.
"Ok invite him at 2 tomorrow but tell him one hour prior. I want to catch him off guard" My mother is evil. But i am in no position to complain. I will take whatever she gives me. I just want to call Abubakar now but I can't go against Mama's order. What if she finds out and refuses to meet him. I am praying everything goes well tomorrow and mama likes him. I am so nervous.

Hoping you like this chapter.
Do vote and comment.