1🌙

Wahab's POV:

People say your first day in a new place is nerve wrecking. You are anxious of the known. This is not the case with me. I have always been a very confident person. When dad ask me to shift back home i did in a blink of an eye. I wanted to leave my education and join his business but he forced me to complete it as i have only 1 year left so i am standing in front of a new university which is going to be home for this year only. Here goes nothing.

I easily found my class and found a place to sit because there is literally not a single soul here. I am here early. That is odd. For the past 3 years i never once went to my classes early. I opened my schedule. Damn it my class is not suppose to start for another 20 minutes. I could have slept more. 5 minutes later 3 4 boys entered the class. They spotted me and are walking towards me.

"You must be the new guy" They want to intimidate me. Good luck with that. I nodded my head.
"Why are you here?"
"None of your business" They seem taken aback with my reply.
"What did you say? Stay in your limits boy" One of the guy was about to hold my collar when i got up. He immediately moved away. I guess being 6'3 has it's own perks.
I held his collar.
"You little boy better stay away from me. You do not want to get on my bad side" I patted his cheek. I sat down again. They all run like a mouse. These insects think they can mess with me they don't know what is coming for them.

Some teacher entered the class. I don't even bother paying attention or to check who it is. From the voice it sounds like a girl. I tone out her voice and put airpods in my ears.
Someone poked me.
"What"
"She is calling you"
"What"
"The teacher she is calling you to introduce herself" Oh right. I took both of my airpods off. This is the first time I am looking at her. She is beautiful. Isn't she way too young to be a teacher? Half of the students here looks older than her.

"Hi wahab i am Ammara. Can you please introduce yourself to the class!" Her voice is so soft like rose petals. What are these thoughts. I jerked them off my head.
"Hi Class i am wahab the new student" She start laughing. Why is she laughing. Did i say something wrong.
"Tell them something else about you too so they can get to know you" That is the thing I don't want them to get to know me. But the way she asked I don't want to disappoint her so i continued.
"I am 23 i shifted here from another city and i like cars"  i think this is good Enough.
"Still short but it will do. Wahab you can go and sit on your seat" The teacher i mean Ammara said.

I didn't bother putting my airpods back in. I kind of want to listen to her. I didn't listen to a single complete lecture in the past 3 years so why today? I don't even understand myself. I think it is because of the new place. I heard 50 minutes of lecture. I didn't even notice time passing by so fast. Lectures are not that bad if you put an effort to listen to them.

I am proven wrong in the next lecture. Teacher is absolutely boring and no offence he looks 5 minutes away from death. He should quit this job and go home. He can barely stand straight.

The day passed with me sleeping most of the time and teachers making me introduce myself. Some even clapped after my introduction. What do they think I am? A clown. I am only doing this because of dad. I repeated the mantra in my head.

Finally the day is over. I hated every single second of it except Mam Ammara's lecture. Only that was bearable. I still fail to understand why I liked her lecture. She was doing the same thing what other teachers were doing and that is teaching. I guess it is her voice. I am going to my car when I heard someone calling me. I look back to see it is Mam Ammara.

"Hey wahab" She remembers my name. Why do I feel giddy at this?
"Hi mam"
"How was your day" Bad
"It was good "
"Hey if you need any help Don't forget to ask me. I know it can get tough adjusting to a new place" I nodded my head.

Why did I became shy? What is happening to me. I literally lost my voice talking to her. It is because of the new place. I calmed myself. "Liar" My inner voice screamed. I silenced it. I should go to the office to check how is everything. After all I am going to take over in a year so I better understand how everything works before hand. I know dad has been wanting to retire for quite some time. But he is still there for my sake. He didn't want to overburden me. That is why he asked me to take over only when I finish my studies. But because of his health he has been finding it hard to work long hours.

My dad owns a construction company. He has to travel a lot to check out the places and the materials. More over he supervise every project himself instead of hiring a person to do the job. He has trust issues. He developed them when his old partner and childhood best friend did a fraud and ran away with his money. That is why my father stopped trusting people and handles everything on his own.

"Hi dad what's up" I found dad sitting in his office.
"Hey son how was your day. You must be very tired" I would have been tired if I didn't spend the whole day sleeping in the class.
"Not at all. What are you doing?"
"I am looking at the construction site papers before visiting the place. I want to see if the site is good. I don't want to waste my visit and my time over a useless place"
"Should I visit the place"
"No beta (son) you must be tired you had a long day" After some persuasion my dad agreed and let me visit the place. It is a 2 hour ride and dad can't drive that long considering his health. I have been begging him to hire a driver but he doesn't listen. He doesn't trust anyone to drive him around safely.

Hey guys what's up. It is my first time writing a complete story from a male point of view. I hope you guys like this chapter. Do vote and comment.