Chapter 4

I follow Botan to the basement stairs. In the basement, there are many computers, gadgets, and many other things. Like in a base or something, but what did I expect? He is a villain after all. He puts on a gadget and a hologram shows the sky above the skylines. "Once a month, there is a portal that opens right over here", says Botan and pointing to the sky on the hologram. "And every time there falls something out of it, it can be as simple as a fork or as big as an invention. Anyway, I suspected for a while and it's surely not from this world. But when I see on Camera..." he shows me a video where the dark round portal appears in the blue sky. Just like he explained something falls out of it, but it doesn't seem like an object at all. More like a person! The camera zooms in and I see myself falling out of it. "What the hell...", I mumble.

This can't be right, I fell out of a portal into another dimension?! It gives many answers but new questions as well. "So... if I get this straight: I fell out of a portal that spits out an object from my world once a month, in a world where heroes and villains DO exist and have magic. Now I am with a villain who took me in with kindness and care..? Why?" "Well, I can't explain the portal stuff, [name]-san. However, It doesn't means that I'm a villain and that I have to act like one. I found you and decided I wanted to help you and it still hasn't changed. If you help me with this project to find out what this portal is, there is a big chance that I can send you home," Botan explains calmly. "Can't I just go back to that portal and just go in there?" I ask. "I think also that the most logical thing. But like I said, it opens once a month. Till that time you can't go anywhere." Botan puts his hands on my shoulders in a comforting way. "I get you home, but till that time you have to stay here..."

I lie down on my bed, staring soberly at the ceiling. It's so much to take it that it makes me tired, yet I'm desperate to know more. One thing is sure: I'm stuck in this universe for a whole month. My eyes snap open. "Come on now, [name]! You can't say here having and pity myself!" I stand up and walk to the living room. Dai already sits there, he has a sword in his hand, his long black wings beside his body. Why is he so attractive? He swings his sword in a fast and smooth way against a punching bag, and it immediately falls on the ground in perfectly two pieces. Then his eyes turn to me, glaring. I suppose he still isn't over the deal. "Listen, Dai. I know you haven't been happy with me, and I kind of get it. I wouldn't also be happy to have a stranger in my house but I will leave as soon as I can and in the meantime... I would like for us to get along", I say.

Wow, [name]. That was so cheesy, couldn't you do better? I think to myself. Dai stands up straight, leaving his fight pose, his eyes piercing into mine. "When will that be?" He asks coldly. "We suspect I leave in a month", I reply. "'We'?" "Me and your fath-" Dai already walks away annoyed and the door closes. "Ouch, painful", I look to the side to see Damian. He must have been invisible the whole time. How embarrassing...

"My punching bag..." He looks at the two pieces of the bag without emotion on his face or voice. Yet he seems to care about it. "Ah, you awake?" Jun happily steps into the room together with Naomi. "You and Noami get groceries, yes?" She pushes us both out of the house with an empty bag and closes the door.

I and Botan's daughter walk in the city. Just like yesterday, it's incredibly busy and every street is crowded. "Which store do we have to go to?" I ask. Naomi points at a store with food. We walk in and the emotionless girl gives me a paper with ingredients, then she walks off without saying anything. "Rude..." I go to the corridors but I don't recognize any ingredients from home. "This is going to take a while" I sigh. I come by a corridor of drinks. A couple of shelves above my head stands the drink I need. I put my hand out to grab it but I just barely get there. I stand on my tips but even that is not enough to reach them. I am behind to jump and yet I still can not reach it. This is way higher than any shelves at home! Just as I land on my feed I lose my balance and fall behind. Just when I think I'm about to hit the ground I land on something soft. Two hands grab me and I realize I fell on someone! "Oh, god! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I push myself up a little, not to put all my weight on the person. A male lies under me growling a little. He has blue hair with grey highlights, his eyes as blue as the ocean and his face so attractive that any girl can faint. "It's okay", he groans. "But are you alright?" "Uhh..." My cheeks get a shade of pink, knowing how close his lips are.

"Dude! What are you doing?" Says a British male voice. I immediately get off the male and stand up. I look at the British person. As he looks at me his smile fades away. It's the same guy that caught me when I fell out of the portal! That hero guy... The blue-haired male stands up as well. "You..." I whisper. "Thanks for... catching me. I think I never thanked you", I say to the British hero. "No problem, I would've caught you again but it seems like my friend here was first", he winks. "Hey Kallan, you good bro?" "Yeah yeah, I'm fine. However, you've never answered my question", says 'Kallan' who turns to me. "Oh, I'm fine. I'm more worried about you, to be honest," I reply. "It's not like I am as light as a feather." "Ah [name]. He is fine!" The British male says while he puts his arm around my shoulders. "We're heroes we are stronger", he whispers seductively in my ear. "Wait... how did you know my name?" I ask confused. "Uh... I have a... guessing talent for that." "Then what's yours?" "Barak" replies the male. 'Barak', that's a unique name...

"Thanks for helping me but I need to take everything off my list," I say as I show nervously at the little paper Noami gave me. Barak snatches it out of my hand. "We can help you with that! After all, for a few ingredients, you're wandering for quite a long time", says Barak with a flirty smile on his face. Kallan also smiles. They don't seem to mind helping me and I could use a little help to get that stupid drink. "I would love that, I'm new here so-" "Yeah, we figured", says Kallan. He grabs that drink with ease and puts it in my bag. "Don't forget to pay, otherwise we might have to go after you", flirts Barak. Together with their help, I get everything on my list.

"It's very nice to meet you guys and thanks", I say. "You need to leave already?", asks Kallan. "Yes, I still need to help my... boss with a project. I don't want to be late", I say. "Human!" Yells a voice through the space. I can't help but look up and see Dai walking angrily toward me. Oh, god... did I do something? I already get worried that he might do something to me. Barak squeezes my shoulder as Dai stands before me. Dai opens his mouth to say something but stops when he sees the two heroes beside me. Kallan and Barak glare at him, there is a tense atmosphere. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Yells Dai. "I knew it, you were the hero's minion all along trying to spy on my family!" "What?" I look at him, confused and scared at his anger. "You know that guy?" Asks Barak, his tone dark and serious. It was almost obvious they knew each other's identity.

"Uhm, yeah. I live with them for a little while," I reply. "If it wasn't for my father I would've kicked your ass!" Dai grabs my wrist brutally and pushes me to him. Losing my balance I fall forward to his chest. Wow... I could feel his muscled body underneath his clothing making me blush. "Hey!", Barak moves forward trying to attack Dai but Kallan stops him. "You know very well we can't do anything, it's the protocol", mumbles Kallan. They both look at us. "That's right, you better leave us alone, little scaredy-cats." Dai's lips form a little sadistic smile as he drags me with him, I can feel the two heroes eyes pierce on our backs.

It gives me a feeling that isn't over yet...