Chapter 27

The car turns to the side, and it happens so fast that I can't make anything of it. All I know is that I lie on the ground with the cop next to me. There is some glass that has cut my skin, but the rest is fine. I glance at the cop, and he growls in pain.

His leg lies under the car wreckage, and it bleeds... a lot. I want to ask if he's okay, but that would be a stupid question. Of course he isn't.

I pull myself up, my legs feel like jelly, and my scraped hands burn. The windows are broken so I can easily get out.

The cop grunts again. He grabs his leg and grith his teeth in pain. I sigh quietly.

Why am I like this?

I crawl over to the part where his leg is smashed. "I'm going to get you out of here, okay?" The cop doesn't reply. I place my arms around the man's shoulders while I lay my foot on the piece where his leg lies under. 

One, two, three! 

I push with my foot and all my strength the piece of metal up and then pull the cop out. I crawl out of the car, dragging the cop along. I place him carefully on the ground and take deep breathes to get back my strenth. 

"Hm... what a shame", sighs a girl voice. I turn around to see a young woman looking at the car. She's dressed in black and has blond hair till her shoulders. She has a stern face and looks at me with a slight hint of disgust. "Hey, can you call an ambulance?", I ask to the woman who stands completly relaxed. "Hm...", she hums and shrugs, refusing. "He's in pain!", I say to the woman a bit irritated. "You're right", she sighs. "This wasn't suppose to happen." 

What is that suppose to mean?

As the woman sees my confused expression she grins wickedly. "You're the one that was suppose to be in pain. But I guess I failed again", she sighs. I glare at her in disbelief. 

This woman is responsible for the accident and doesn't even try to hide it. "Why?", I ask. "You know why, firepetal. I'll come for you, this won't be the last time you hear from me", she says. Suddenly everything around me starts to turn and twist. 

I know that woman... 

She looks exaclty the same as the woman who kissed Chikao, the one woman who got my heartbroken. But it can't be. That was hundred years ago, she can't be alive, or at least not this young! She somewhat the same age as me, and the same age as back then. The fact she called me 'firepetal' refers to my villain name as well. The world around me dissapears and I feel a hand grab me before I hit the ground. "Let's go home", says a familiar voice, but I can't quite place it. The last thing I see is that the woman has dissapeared...

.

.

.

When I open my eyes, I lie on something soft mattres and soft blankets over me. I don't recognize the room but it's warm and sunlight shines through the window. Was it Dai or Damian who came back for me? Somwhere I don't think they did, since this is not their house. 

I feel something warm on my hand, my eyes dart to my hand where I see a hand placed over mine. I look up to see Declan, smiling warmly at me. But his eyes still have the sinister shining. "Good morning, Damian's little girlfriend", he says. "I'm not his girlfriend..." I growl tiredly. "You're right, you're not", his eyes darken slightly at Damian's name but tries hiding it with a smile. "You're not his..." 

I pull myself up and look around the room. it's kind of cozy yet it has also a darker vibe in it. "Where am I?", I ask. "You're in our home", replies Déclan. "'Our'?" "Me and Zyrian", he smirks. "Oh... I see." "Where is the Tanaki family?", I ask. Déclan gives me a sad smile. "They did came back for me... right?" "I'm sorry, (name)." 

Sadness washes over me as I realize what he's about ot say. "They just went home and got one with their daily life", he says. "I don't think they did care much." 

I can't believe that... they wouldn't leave me behind like that, right? I refuse to believe it.

Déclan puts his arm around me and pulls me towards him. I lie my head in the croock of his neck, which Déclan leans his head on top of mine. 

"I'll take care of you, (name)..." 

.

.

.

"What do you mean with 'she never arrived?'", asks Dai angrily and places his fist on the desk with a loud 'thud'. The officer looks at him, scared while he has a gun against his head. Damian has the gun in his hand while he points it at the others, bodies lie everywhere in the police station. They were planning to break you as soon as you arrived to the police station. Like hell they would let something happen to you. The police man trembles. "Where. Is. (name)?", asks Dai again in a threatening tone. "S-something happened along the way..." the officer stutters. "A large a-accident. A-A bystander said she was t-taken", he stammers. "By who?" asks Damian sternly. "Z-zyrian..." Damian pulls the triger with a 'click' and a gunshot galms through the space. The officer's lifeless body fall on the ground, in a puddle of his own blood. 

"Typcial Zyrian", sighs Dai frustrated. "He always wants to have the thing he can't have." Damian walks up to his brother with a neutral expression. 

"Let's break her out then..." 

___________________________

Hi there

I'm incredibly sorry for the late update!

Have a nice day/night