Chapter 15

Wait, what...

I can't turn around. Something is holding me in place. My eyes open, and I look around, annoyed. The sunlight shines through the windows, making the room bright. I look behind me. Damian is still holding me against his chest. I immediately look back before me, realizing I'm blushing.

Should I try to leave?

I know when I will escape his grasp that he probably wakes up, and to be honest, I'm not in the mood to explain what happened last night. If he doesn't remember, then he probably wouldn't believe me, and that will surely be awkward. I just decide to lie here, my mind racing with escape plans.

I very carefully remove Damian's arm. The bed cracks quite loudly, and I bite my tongue and keep my eyes shut. Luckily, he doesn't move. I sigh in relief. I slowly slip myself out. Just as I set my foot on the ground and a growl escaped Damian's lips.

"My head..."I hear him say. I duck to the ground next to his bed, so he can't see me.

Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep!

I hold my breath, and my heart is racing. This feels so much like a secret mission. I hear his bed creak knowing he is moving around. All of the sudden one pair of eyes stare into mine. The male looks confused but doesn't say a thing.

"[Name]?"

I smile awkwardly. "How much do you remember from last night?" I ask. "Uhh..." His deep voice galms.

"Meh."

"Good. Before you are going to accuse me of something that we did not know what you may think we did. This is all you're doing!"

I make signs with my hands and slide away out of his room leaving him confused.

I sigh in relief as Damians room is out of sight.
.

.

.
I go out of the bus and head to the alley. The sunlight can't come in here, and the creepy door still gives me the shivers. I knock a couple of times. First, there is silence before the opens slowly. Declans eyes stare at me. "Hey," I smile at him. "I hope you may have time for uh... memory stuff, "I say. "I-" "Who is it?"interrupts a u familiar voice.

Who's that?

Automatically, I want to take a peek inside, but Declan stops me. "No one!" He yells back. "Sorry, but this is a very hard time right now. My brother is home, and we have preparations for the Herain festival." I frown.

Brother? He must mean Zyrian...

"What's the Herain Festival?"I ask. "It's -" "Declan? I'm not going to carry these boxes all by myself, "yells Zyrian's voice. "Coming! I'm sorry. Perhaps another time, "grins Declan before shutting the door in my face.

"Herian Festival, huh?"

I open the door to the house, I forgot already completely about the incident with Damian. When I close the door, I see Botan sitting by the table. "Botan?"
"Good morning, [name]-San. Where did you go so early?" He asks. "A morning walk," I reply. Botan smiles and takes a sip from his cup. "What is the Herian Festival?" I ask. Botan looks at me, surprised, and puts down his cup. "Where did you hear that?"
"I guess I accidentally eavesdropping somewhere," I smile. "Oh well, glad you asked. I was going to tell you anyway."

I go sit on the ground next to him and wait till he starts talking. "Once a year, all the heroes and villains arrive together to a thousand year old ruin where we hold a kind of peace ceremony. And perhaps for new villains or heroes to repeat the protocol and rules, which include that fighting isn't allowed while the party and ceremony is held. After you can dance, drink and party." "That sounds actually kind of fun," I say. "The ceremony lasts three days, the second day your portal opens. It's the perfect opportunity to go back to your universe, "tells Botan.

When I hear his last sentence, I'm not as happy I thought I would be. The memories have been flowing back from the last few weeks. I finally got Dai to like me a little bit, and of course, I am still curious about what the big deal is with my dreams.

"You don't look happy." Botans voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "I am happy!"I reply. "But?"
"But..."
The silence surrounds us, I want to talk, but no words are coming out.

Why do I want to stay? My family is worried sick about me. Not to mention the upcoming war that will break down, the attacks, and my nightmares. Still, there is something that makes me want to stay... but what?

I open my mouth, but I can't find any words. "But..."I repeat. "Have you fallen for somoene, [name]- San?" The suprise takes over me. "Uhh-no-Well- I don't know... I think it's just the-uhh- I had a very good time here. I'm going to miss it, I think that's it." 

"Hmm. Oh, well." Botan stands up and walks over to the table. "If the portal opens before or after the game, you can go unnoticed. Otherwise, we have to do it meanwhile the game and pretty much everyone will notice. But it won't bother you because you would already be gone before someone can remark it." I nod my head and put on a fake smile.

"Let's help Naomi with the suitcases. We need to pack for the ceremony." I nod my head, but I don't move. When he's gone, the deep sigh I held in comes out.

Why am I not happy about going home?