Chapter 28

I float through space, it's calming yet weird. I have no longer control of my body, only the lack of gravity lets me fly through slowly. The calming atmosphere is peaceful and loving. From afar I see a small light, looking like a star who shines brighter then the others. It flys calmy my way, the shining light making way for a figure. The same man that I saw through the portal smiles at me, his hair floating with his elegant movements. His mouth moves but no sound comes out, yet I know what he said...

My eyes open, there is bright light coming through the large windows. I get up, the blanket around my body, falling to waist. I look around the bedroom. Déclan gave me a large room, Zyrian would be gone in the morning to go to 'work'. But we both know what that means. I'm not even sure if he actually knows I'm here. I swing the blanket off my body and put on some clothes that Déclan gave me. It are his clothes, but big enough to fit me too.

I open the door, only to be met with the lonely silence of the empty hallways. I make my way to the empty dinner hall. 

This mansion is so big...

Just when I'm about to grab a snack, the door flies open. Revealing Déclan in the doorway, with a wide grin like usual. "Goodmorning, I hope you had a great night", he says and opens the fridge. Before I can reply he speaks again. "I'm going to the village, like to come with me?" I decide to nod my head since there is nothing much to do in the mansion anyway. 

"Just let me grab my jacket", I reply and take an apple along the way to grab a bite. The music of the radio plays in the distance. After the song ends, I hear that the news is presenting on the radio. "Last night the policestation has been destroyed by some villains. Unfortunatly the heroes weren't in time, there are barely to no survivors left. The mayor quickly wants to take action, since it's getting out of hand." I quit listening and make my way back outside.

Luckily that I wasn't there... Perhaps that crazy lady did something good after all. 

.

.

.

"My mom would then grab my dad's hand everytime he was upset." While me and Déclan walk to the village I talk about my life back on the other side of the portal. And Déclan listens to every word I say while the village comes closer in the distance. Surprisingly enough looks the village way different then I imanged. The houses are rather poor. The roof is made out of planks and most houses don't even have walls. I guess this is another region, where temperatures can get quite hot in the summer. Most people walk around with food or other supplies like it's a big market. "I grew up in this village", says Déclan. "Our father used to take us here quite a lot before he died. We would walk to the top of the mountain where the restplace of the gods is located." 

That's right... different world different gods.

"Are they decorated?" "Yeah, they are. One of the most beautiful places here in Tirnarik. I'll show we when we bought the food", Déclan replies. 

I nod in reply and follow behind him as we go through the many people. In the beginning it's not that bad but I can see Déclan less and less till I can't see him again. I feel a slight panic as I look around. "Déclan?" I turn around, but I can only see heads of a lot of different people. "Déclan!" I yell, but my voice barely comes out of the many people. 

Damn it...

I make my way out of the lot of people and look around again, but Déclan seems to have dissapeared into thin air. I sigh defeated.

I better wait till he comes and get me...

Suddenly I notice a familiar figure in an alley. A young man who looks at me with a kind smile. The same guy as in the portal. He turns his back and walks away, as if expecting me to follow. 

"Hey, wait!" I run after him into the alley. No people are here and just like that the man is gone. I jog over to the end of the narrow street only to see more and more empty streets. He can't be gone just like that, right? 

I stand still, hesitating if I just should leave to find Déclan or not. Yet the curiosity gets the best of me, and I stand still, conflicted.

I hear something coming from some houses. Surrounded by the silence I get a strong feeling in the bottom of my stomach. Something isn't quite right..

From a window falls something a bit furthur on the ground. Filled with curiosity I walk over to it. It's a small stone with the color of a diamond. I pick it up, the stone feels cold against my skin. Yet it's so calming. My body starts to relax, my mind filled with peace. It's like I could just fall asleep any moment, I wouldn't even feel my body hitting the ground. My vision is blurred, and my body relaxes a bit too much.

A figure walks behind me. I'd didn't even hear it coming, I can't see her face. Only an evil grin carved in her lips and her eyes so bright.

"I just want you to remember...", says a female voice. She sounds familiar yet sadistic at the same time. Then it hits me.

It's the crazy lady from the car!

I want to feel panicked, step away from her but my body hasn't got energy to move. Out the side of my eye I see her getting a pocket knife.

"I'll make sure to do it slow and painful", she says almost in a reassuring tone. "And this time stay dead..."
With that she brings the piont of the knife to my chest, where my heart is located.

And she's ready to stab...