Chapter 25

My eyes open, and I meet many eyes staring at me. I see many emotions. Confused, shocked, disgusted, happy. But before I can react on any of that, I look around to search for Amory. "The winner of this year is the Tanaki family!" I can hear the voice, but it sounds so far away. My sight is blurry, and zooms in and out like I've watched some illusion.
My legs start to shake. "[Name], are you okay?"
Before I can reply, my body hits the cold, stoned ground while I lose consciousness. The only thing left is the sound of panic and fear...
.

.

.
My eyes flutter open. I hear birds chirp, and a ray of sunshine shines on my face. My skin is feeling warm. My body hurts in all places like I've got a heavy blow. There is sound of a small river close by. I close my eyes as I take in the peaceful surroundings. But a sudden sound of a page of a book wakes me up from the trance. I look startled beside me to see Dai, reading a book. He sits on a chair next to my bed. He closes the book with a 'thud', and his eyes meet mine.

"Where am I?"I ask silently. "Still in the temple. You missed the big celebration. And..." Dai sighs before he continues. "...because of certain events, everyone is forced to stay a day longer."
"What events?"I ask curiously. Dai looks st me again. "Now there is a supervillain..."
I touch the side of my neck, feeling the symbol carved into my skin. "Does it look bad?"I ask with a sad expression. "No... it suits you, "a lower voice interups.  I look to the side to see Damian. "I've never thought I would see you again, girly," he says with a smile on his face. "For a moment, we thought you dropped dead when you came back."
"Oh..." I sit straight on the bed. "Did you have fun at the party?"I ask the two. "It was also meant for you, we won."
"Well..."Damian chuckles nervously. "Ther-" "We didn't go." says Dai, interrupting his brother. "What, why not?"
"We guarded you. We didn't want anyone to come near you. Especially, some heroes know you're a supervillain now."
"Guys, I'm not."
I sigh deeply. "I'm not a supervillain, not anymore... That happened in the past. Now I'm just... me." Silence fills the room. The awkward silence makes me uncomfortable. I decided to toss the blankets away. "Don't." Dai says sternly, making me a stop directly at my action. "Dai is right," says Damian. "Nobody just collapses out of nowhere. You should be resting."
I look at my bare legs, and my eyes widen. "W-what happened to me?" My legs see completely red, bruises and cuts everywhere like I was in a fight. "[Name], calm down." Damian sits on my bed and lies his hand on my shoulder. "What happened to me?"I repeat. "Your body didn't react well on the fact you have superpowers now. If you're born with it, power is as mighty as the body who carries it. You, however, have earned the power of someone who used to be way stronger than you. They still need to get used to each other."
I lie back down. "Where is Amory?" Dai glares at me as I mention his name. "Hopefully not fine."

Suddenly, the door opens, revealing no other than Botan. I smile, but another figure gets in as well. A male around his fifties. He has grey short hair and a very, very stern face. His eyes pierce through mine like knives, judging me and looking at me up and down. Then I remember him...

Barak's father...

"How are you feeling, [name]-san?"asks Botan, giving me a soft smile. Bataks' father doesn't show any type of emotion. "I'm fine," I lie quickly, covering my legs with the blanket, not showing him what effect my new power has on my body. "Good to hear."

I can see on the look of Botan's face that he knows, but he doesn't say anything about it. I look at Barak's father, who still looks at the with a stern and firm expression. "[Name]-San, this is Mr. Blake. Barak's father and descendant of the superhero." introduces Botan.

Wait... Barak is the grandchild of the superhero?

"Nice to meet you, sir," I say politely. "Hm..."Mr. Blake just nods briefly. "What relationship do you have with my son?" He asks. I feel Dai's and Damians eyes on me, seeing right through me. "He is a friend, sir," I reply. "Hm." Mr. Blake looks at me with suspicion but doesn't say anything.

"[Name]! Are you okay?" Kallan goes through the two men straight to me. But before he can lie his hand on my shoulder, Dai grabs his wrist tightly, shooting Kallan dead with his glare. "The rule counts for you too. Talk DON'T touch."
Kallan slightly glared back, but his gaze softened, giving me a worried look. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, don't worry about me," I smile at him, trying to reassure him.

Dai lets go of Kalan's wrist. Dai takes my hand, making me blush. He has a defensive look in his eyes, but his hand is protective and warm. "[Name]." The stern hint is Mr. Blake's voice gets my attention. "Because the Tanaki family missed their celebration and... your celebration we want to make a second celebration today." "That's very kind," says Botan. "But [name] needs her rest, and knowing my boys... they won't leave her side for long. It's not necessary, "says Botan. "Your loss," says Blake and walks away. "Take care," says Kallan with a kind smile and leaves me also. "[Name], take some rest. We will wake you up when it's time to go."

I nod my head and lie down again, still holding Dais hand. Feeling his grip I know he isn't planning to go let go. I close my eyes and fall immediately into a dreamless sleep.

Finally I feel peace for once...