Chapter 17 • Zyrian's arrival

We jog back to the main location of the building to the thrones. The sun is already setting. Botan and the others are already sitting on their part of the thrones. The most just stand straight facing the open the door. They look tense and put on a brave face. However, I can still feel the fear of some. After all, Zyrian has already killed a few heroes and villains. The chance is incredibly big that he killed some family members and friends of the people here.
I stand straight also next to Damian and Dai.

"Zyrian never showed up before at the Herian Festival," whispers Noami. "Everyone must be pretty tense. He knows he isn't allowed to fight, right?" I whisper back. "He does, but that doesn't mean he actually holds on to the rules. He is almost as powerful as the superhero after all." I glance at the middle throne.

There is an old man. His face is rimpled and has a long, white beard. He doesn't have hair on his head. Even for his age, he looks strong and stern. Suddenly, the feeling of nerves comes to me. The tension in me starts. My heart beats loudly.

Then I hear heavy footsteps going our way. My eyes stare at the open gate.

A figure steps up the hill, I see him more and more, but the sun behind him blocks my sight. The two brothers walk to the square, and the gate behind them close, shutting the sun out. My eyes grow big, and many emotions are coming up.

...Reo?

I stare at Zyrian. He looks exactly like Reo! Like he stood up from the dead. He has long hair in a braid behind his back. Some locks of snow-white hair hang next to his face. His eyes glow yellow. His clothing matches hair, and he clearly has the villain aura. Next to him appears Declan. They glare at everyone just like everyone glares at them.

I freeze in place. The person I saw in my memory is him! Declan must have known. He was there. Is that why he wanted to continue? Zyrian looks around, but his eyes are focused on me. I don't dare to look away.

"Zyrian..."

His stare leaves my gaze, and he turns to the old superhero. "...welcome to the Herian Festival. Shannon will lead you the way to your room where you will be staying, "he continues and glances at the same woman that flirted with Dai.

Zyrian just nods in understanding. He glances the last time at me before following the nervous woman. My eyes follow him till he disappears into the castle. I let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding in. Everyone seems to relax once again, except for Botan. His face is still stern with a worried look in his eyes.

Suddenly, the superhero turns Botan. "No fighting allowed, not even when you are at war."
"I understand," replies Botan. When I see the first signs of people who leave indecide to go as well. Without anyone noticing, I go inside the castle. When I finally find an empty hallway, my legs collapse, and the wall supports my back. "[Name], are you okay?" I turn to the talking person. "Ryan?"

The black-haired guy sits next to me. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "It's the Herian Festival, I have right to be here as a villain."
"That's not what I meant. What are you doing in the hallway?"
"Oh, my room is here somewhere. I've forgotten which one it is, "he chuckles. "It's quite a maze in here."

"But seriously, are you alright?"
"Yeah... I'm fine, "I say. "Just a bit tired, had a long way to drive," I lie. "But the party is within two hours."
"I was planning to go, I always like free food and drinks," I say. "What about the dance?" "What dance?" I say a little panicked.
"There is a traditional dance that the children of people who sit on a throne have to do, with a chosen partner," he explains. "Who is that going to be?" I ask. "Pretty much all people you know. Dai, Damian, Naomi, Barak, Kallan, Amory, and quite some others."
"What about Zyrian?" Ryan laughs.
"Zyrian doesn't have children he must attend the dance himself."

Somehow, I'm not all too happy to hear it. "I can't get chosen, right?"
"Oh, I think you do. There are many people where I heard they want to dance with you."
"Ah fuck." I curse in myself. "I can't dance, nobody had told me you had to know a dance!"
"I can help you, we have an hour the time to learn you the dance."
"I would really appreciate that," I reply.

We stand up. Ryan takes my hands and places them in the correct position. "Is this like a classic royal dance thing?"I ask.
"No, not really. I mean, it's royal, but you will barely touch each other." I frown in confusion.

What kind of dance is this?

"You and your partner will do a different dance, but it matches very well with each other. You get a very beautiful effect."
"Oh," I say in understanding. "We dance together, but we get our own part."
"That's a way to put it."
.

.

.
I'm actually already pretty tired. The dance isn't easy at all. I am in one of the guest rooms where I will be staying. I open the closet and see three dresses in it. A blue, red, and yellow one. All three are very beautiful designed.

How am I supposed to choose?

I stare for a moment at three dresses before I hear a knock on the door.

"Luckily, I haven't chosen yet," I mumble to myself. I open the door and see Damian. He has a beautiful dress in his hand. "Here." He says and hands me the black-golden dress. "Black resembles us and our Ancaster. You don't have to wear it but..." He stops for a second. "...but I think you will stand b-beautiful in it."
"Oh, thanks, Damian! Wait here, "I say and shut the door. I put on the dress Damian gave to me, and I can't believe how beautiful it is!
It's like a real dress from movies. The black with golden highlights looks very good on me.

(You can choose what it looks like)

I open the door again. "What do you think?" I'm surprised I see Dai already standing next do Damian, both their faces become a soft color of red. "You look gorgeous in it," grins Damian. Dai just looks away to hide his face.
"It's not bad."

I smile at them.

"Alright let's go to that party!"