Chapter 29

I can not move as I see the knife. I feel it pierce through my skin. Pain filling my body as blood starts to run down my clothes. Just as she's about to to stab completely, she suddenly gets thrown away. Her body hitting a wall of a house, and then with a loud 'thud' flat on her stomach. My eyes widen but then Damian appears and it all makes sense.

He takes the stone out of my hand, and my body immediately tenses. The small stabwound hurting immensely.

First I'm happy to see him but then Declans words come back to mind, my smile dissapears and Damien notices. "What?", he says raising an eyebrow.

"Why that dissapointed face, we're taking you back home." I frown a bit.
"Now suddenly you decide to safe me? Oh how heroic", I say annoyed. "Excuse me?", replies Damien.

But then the girl stands up again, catching both our attention. "You little brat!", she growls angrily. The grip on her knife tightens.
She wants to charge at us but doesn't get the chance as she is grabbed from behind and tossed in the air only to hit her back against the cold stones of the ground. Dai is above her holding her down with a just his foot, looking bored and annoyed.

The woman growls again but then her face softens seeing Dai. "Chikao?", she says, her eyes seem to tear up. "Who?", says Dai bored. I walk closer to then.

Chikao? She is not supposed to remember him like I do...

"Chikao, it's me. You remember me, right? It's me... Amber", she says, seemingly speaking to Dai.

'Amber', why does it sound so familiar. Dai seems just as confused. "I don't care who you are", he says. He takes his katana and wants to stab her bur she quickly squeaks. "Chikao, it's me! I found you, just like I promised. It's me, your girlfriend!" Damian's mound falls open slightly.

Dai looks shocked at her confession before looking extremely annoyed. "Woman, you're crazy."

He lifts up his sword, not wanting her to shed anymore words. The girls seems to slightly panic as tears run down her cheeks. She grabs Dai's leg and shoves him away with immense strength.

Dai lands on the ground on his feet. All I can do is just watch this Amber. I feel a bit sorry for her. But as much as I ruined her life, Dai isn't Chikao, he only is his grandson.

She looks hurt, but then her face hardens again. "That's okay, my sweet. I'll make you remember me, and we can live with eachother again." She then turns to me, her eyes filled with hatred.

"And without her."

She charges at me again and I freeze. Damian wants to run up to her but gets thrown away immediately.

I feel a rush of adrenaline through me, that's same feeling I had with the games returns. The power in me reappearing. My body is heating up and the first flame come out of my hand. As she lunges at me, I can just in time get out of the way. My hand touches the back of her hand and flames start to swallow her.

Amber takes off he jacket and put it on the ground. The flames get off her.

"Enough", she says annoyed. "Brother!" Out of thin air a male appears. My eyes widen. A figure with a hint of green in his hair, his gentle and peaceful aura around her. A soft and warm smile on his lips.

The guy in the portal...

"You've got to be kidding me", says Dai annoyed.
"We shall soon be together", says Amber. "Xavi...", she turns to the tall guy who just nods. Despite his demeanor he is calm and smiles at me kindly. Unlike Amber, his eyes are soft and no hatred to be seen.

Instead of charging up he just walks calmly my way. "Excuse me", he says with a polite smile. "Can I please kindly ask you to not use your powers."

I look at him a bit confused. He just literally asked me to not use my powers and expects me to do so?

The flames in my hand however start to die down. I don't want to hurt anyone. "Did you prevent me from going to the portal?", I ask. The man nods his head. "Your job isn't done yet, your destiny not fulfilled", he says.

"What? You want me to die?", I ask. He chuckles and shakes his head. "My sister wants you to die. But that's not what I've seen. At least... you are not the one dying", he says. I look at him confused before looking at Amber. I look back at the man to a hint of sadness in his eyes.

Amber is going to die, isn't it?

Out of the corner of my eye I see Dai charging at Xavi. But when his katana hits his chest he just dissapears into dust.

Dai looks worried. "Are you hurt?"
I shake my head. "No I'm not hurt", I reply. "You don't look happy to see me."
"Declan told me everything. You left me."

Dai's annoyance seems to make way for anger. "That prick told lies. I never left you, we were at the station." I don't want to believe him, but earlier on the news the whole station was indeed killed by some villains...

My face softens. "But why would Declan lie?" "So he can have you for himself." He grabs my shoulder, as I feel his breath on my lips. "I would never, ever leave you."

I can't help but smile, but suddenly a figure charges up to me. Dai, let's go off me and throw Amber away again.

"That girl does not understand the sign to stop, does she?" I nod in agreement. "She's annoying."

"I'll kill you, I'll take my revenge. What do you even see in her? Why do you care about her and not me?", she yells as another tear rolls of her face. "I don't know who you think I am. But I'm Dai and the only girl I would fight for is [name]." I feel my heart skip a beat.

Amber on the other hand looks at me angrily. "You-"

Suddenly her face is in utter shock. Her body starts shaking ad she looks down, to see a sword had stabbed her from behind. She falls on the ground.

I look shocked to see Zyrian stand behind her...