Chapter 14

"Attack!" I take the katana and swing it at Noah. He avoids it every time. The brunette ducks and swings his foot underneath mine, and I slide. I fall on the hard ground with a loud 'thud'. "Och," Noah chuckles. "You need to be more concentrated on your enemy, not how to have your sword," he says. "Noted."

"Again!" I swing my sword again just inches from his shoulders. Noah ducks again, doing the same sliding technique. I jump over his swinging feet. Noah punches me in my belly, making me cough loudly, falling to the ground. I grunt in pain. "Keep your eyes focused on the enemy." "I did!" "No, you looked at my foot, not at me," Noah takes his sword, and I feel panic rise in me.

I'm not ready yet!

"I yield! I yield..." I say. The brunette grins. "That was fast," he remarks. I give him a short glare and sit against a tree. "Your fighting skills are careless."

I glance at Dai, walking to both of us. "If you want to fight Zyrian, you're already dead before you can open your eyes."
"It's her first lesson, Dai," says Noah in my defense. "Don't come into our business, agent," Dai hisses. I don't speak and catch my breath, still from when Noah knocked all the air out of my lungs.

"Stand up."

I do as Dai and look concerned at him. "Dai, you're in no condition to fight," I say. "I can still teach.  Because that dumbass over there doesn't know what he's doing, "Dai glares at Noah. The agent just watches him, focused but not angry. "[Name], take your katana," he commands. I don't open my mouth.

I better do as he says...

I take the katana of the ground. "You're already doing it wrong." Dai stands behind me, his hands grab mine. It feels like an embrace. Dai's warm breath touches my neck, causing a shiver down my spine. I feel my stomach tingle. His soft hands grab mine and place them the right way on the katana. A blush spreads my cheeks, my heart races. I don't notice Noah's jealous look. "You have to it like this," he whispers in a kind way in my ear.

Dai releases me and walks up to Noah. "Stand in your fighting position, agent. You will need it when I learn [name] to kick your ass, "he says with a sadistic grin. Noah glares at the birdman but does as he says and raises his sword.

"Concentrate on your enemy, his movements, his facial expression, and trick him. Don't let him know your next move." I nod, and we start to fight.
.

.

.
I'm fighting again. This time, I feel stronger, and my movements are faster than way before. With a smile, I swing my sword at Dai. He doesn't limp, and neither is he hurt. "Come on, you can better than that!"I say. With one strike, I lure him to the ground. But when Dai faces me, my smile fades away.

"Chikao?"

Suddenly, I'm not myself anymore, and am I somewhere else in the room. I see myself holding a sword, pointing it at Chikao. "Not fair, you let me win," the me other says. Chikao just gives her a small grin to confirm her suspicion.
As Chikao stands up, I feel a dark sensation in through my body.

Something isn't right...

I look at the 'memory'. The smiles seems so spontaneous yet there is something off about it.

Just when the song is starting to play. An adrenaline shock goes through my body. My eyes snap open before the song even can end.

I can't breathe!

A rope is bound to my neck, and I struggle in the dark. I grab my hands at my own throat, but I can't touch any rope. I want to scream, but I can't. I roll off the bed, and the invisible rope seems to have disappeared, leaving me breathless on the ground. I stand up as soon as I can and turn on the light. But nobody is here...

I can't just go back back to sleep!

I walk out of my room and go downstairs in the living room. I notice a calander hanging to the white wall. There are red patterns around it. "Just one week before the black hole appears again," I think out loud.

It's been quite a month, and there are already three weeks gone. I haven't thought of my parents for a couple of days. The thought of leaving somehow makes me sad. 

Suddenly, the door swings open. Damian stumbles in, walking like a zombie to the living room.

Is he drunk?

Even after avoiding me for a whole week, I can't help but, but am worried about him. I glance at the clock. It's 2 a.m. "You're back late. Are you okay?" I ask. Damians eyes cross mine, and a shaky grin forms on his lips. "[Name]! What are you doing up, l-late?"he asks and avoids my question. "I can ask the same for you."

".... You look weird."

Damian walks up to me and puts his finger on my head. "Weird..."
I frown. "Let's get you to bed, shall we?" I say. Without waiting for an answer, I grab Damian hand and pretty much drag him upstairs. I push him on his bed. "What about my clothes?" He asks. I glance at him out of the cornor of my eye.

Let's just hope he's drunk.

"You can do it yourself."
"Hm."

The male stares at me, not saying a word. I sigh deeply and unbutton his jacket, I slide it off his shoulders and put it on a nearby coat rack, like a mother undressing her toddler. When I turn around, Damian is already putting off his shirt. A blush spreads my cheek as I see his muscled, beautiful chest. "[Name], I haven't been fair to you," he says. "About what?" "Come closer." I try to ignore his naked chest as I stand before him. "What?" "A little closer." I buck, so we have the same eye length when he sits on his bed.

All of a sudden, Damian puts his arm around my waist and pushes me on the bed next to him. I yelp in suprise. My body lands on the soft mattras, while Damian holds me against his chest. My heart feels like it's running a marathon. The top of my ears are getting warmer.

"D-Damian?!"

His grip only gets tighter. His  fingers run through my hair. The scared feeling disappears with his soft touch. It's not like I was planning to go back to my room after what happened, so maybe this isn't bad after all?

I relax in his strong arms while he cuddles me. When the safe feeling completely surrounds me in his warm embrace, I drift off to a dreamless sleep.