Chapter 12

"What happened?" I ask a little panicked. I go to Dai, he presses his hand against his bleeding wound. His face gives a clear expression of pain. Jun walks with a bowl of bandages and puts in on the ground. "Come, child," she says as she grabs my hand and drags me out of the room. "Jun, what happened to Dai?" I ask worriedly. "That's no problem of yours, dear. Go to your room." Before I can turn to leave, Botan walks up to me and shakes his head. "No, [name]-San. Let's take a walk, "says the father. "But Dai -" "-is stable," he interrupts. I nod my head and follow the old man.

We walk down a path, the grass is spring green and full of blossemtrees. "[Name]-San, perhaps it's time that you learn to fight," Botan begins as we walk down the beautiful view. "Why all of a sudden?" "Let me tell you a story, [name]- sama."

"A few hundred years ago, there were three supervillains. Two males called Reo and Chikao, "he tells. Even though I already knew that because of my dreams and Declan, who showed me, I decide to say nothing and let him tell furthur. "Two very different characters, yet they worked together, but soon everything fell apart. They got in a fight and have been enemies ever since. The two villains got descendants: we, descendants of Chikao. A villain of honor and justice while Reo got his descendants as well: Zyrian and Declan." "Zyrian was that most feared villain situation, right?" I ask. "Unfortunately. However, after centuries of ignoring each other, they decided to attack our family, and it won't be the last time. I suspect that when the war starts, you will be already home, but I can't take any risks." Botan stops walking and turns to me. "You will learn to fight just in case, don't worry about the project. I can do it with Ryan," he adds. "Botan..." I take a deep breath. "How did they get into an argument?" Botan sighs. "They fell in love with the same girl..." I can't help but frown.

Would he mean... the other me or another woman, perhaps? 

"Catch!" His voice makes me snap out of my thought. I just can grab the katana before it falls. "Normally, Dai is better with a sword, but... because of the situation, I let you practice with Damian the next few days." I nod my head in understanding. I can't help but think of the last time I saw him.

"By any chance, does Damian dislike cookies?" I ask out of curiosity. Botan chuckles. "Whatever Damian told you, don't take it personally," he says. "Damian isn't used to gifts or 'Thank you's'. Ever since his mother died, it's been hard."

Wait, what? Jun isn't his mother?!

Botan sighs deeply and looks up to the blue sky. "We should get back," Botan suggests. I just nod my head, still speechless, and thousands of questions racing in my mind.
.

.

.
I sit next to Dai's bed, training begins tomorrow, and I've got nothing better to do. I take a cookie that I originally baked for Damain and take a bite.  "His bad, they taste delicious," I talk to myself. I turn to Dai.

Why is he so cute when he sleeps. Cute and hot at the same time.

The sun kisses Dai's soft skin, and his chest goes up and down as he breathes. It reminds me of Chikao. He had almost the same face. "You look like your ancestor, Dai," I smile. I don't expect an answer.

Suddenly, a loud bang can be heard from upstairs. Startled, I walk upstairs, knowing that no one is inside the house. "Hello?" My voice is loud in the quiet hallway. I hear a duffled sound. I look out the window and see two familiar figures. "You've got to be kidding me," I curse. I open the door and run in the garden. "What are you doing here??" I look sternly at the two heroes before me. "Oh, hello [name]. How are you?"asks Barak with a smile. "I'm good, thanks for asking, but what are you doing here?" "We thought we could visit you, you know... living with villains can't be easy." I frown when I notice the embarrassing smile on his face. "Why would you risk that? They could be home, you know that, right?" "What Barak is trying to say here is that we have a mission, and we thought why can't we come swing by," explains Kallan. "Okay... that's nice of you. But I'm fine." There is an embarrassing silence between us. "Okay, we should go further. Nice talking to you!" Barak and Kallan suddenly disappear. "What was that?"I mumble to myself. "And what was that bang anyway?"

I decide to investigate and walk into the beautiful garden. There are flowers everywhere, butterflies are flying around while the birds chirp happily.

How do they have time to take care of this? I walk furthur to see a birdhouse lying on the ground. It's broken. "Oh... that was that bang, "I talk to myself. "I suppose I tell Botan it's just randomly fell on the ground..."

I look up wt the other birdhouses. There must be a ladder somewhere...

I approach a shed where a lit of stuff just lies around. I see a ladder hang on the wall. I look hesitant if I should ask for help but shake my head.

I'm able to do things on my own!

I grab the metal ladder and drag it outside. I place it against a tree and climb up with the birdhouse. I put it carefully in place. Suddenly, the ladder begins to move.

Oh, hell no!

My adrenaline kicks in, and I clamp myself against one of the thick branches of the tree. The ladder falls down with a loud 'thud'.

Great... just great.

I look down, realizing I'm stuck in the high tree. It's too high to jump down, and there are no other branches to climb down.

Eventually, I have no other choice but to just sit here so someone can rescue me...