Chapter 9

I look startled at the guy. Panic ride in me. How did he know?! I look like any other! I can't help but eyes wander around the room, seeing heroes judge me, and not in good ways. "Uhh..." My mind is racing. I could explain the situation but they wouldn't believe me. What do I do?!

"Hey, I'm talking to you. Don't look so dumbfounded!", says the guy again. "W-who are you?" I ask instead of answering. "Like I believe you don't know me. I know you work for the Tanaki villain family. Did you come to spy on us?!" "No! No! I really don't" I put my hands slowly up in defense as he comes closer. I glance at Kallan, begging him to help me. "Amory, you should stop. She isn't going to betray us", says Kallan stepping before me. I sense it isn't a good sign. The 'Amory' guy gives a look of disgust at his fellow hero. "Why are you protecting a villain? Did she enchant you?" "Stop, Amory! You're talking nonsense. There is a reasonable explanation", says Kallan. "Tell me, I'm all ears!" His eyes go to me. If I don't know any better he would kill me!

"What's going on?" Relief washes over me as I see Barak walking into the room. "Barak, your little friend over here let in a villain minion!", says Amory. Barak looks at us. "[Name], how did you get here?" He asks confused. His face is stern. I don't blame him, he is a hero he can't choose sides, only the side of justice. But should I say that Noah brought me in? He could have trouble with that. "They let me in", I say not mentioning the agent. Barak turns to Amory in a pissed way. "Then I see no problem here." "You just let them go? The great Barak savior of heroes?!" Amory eyes become red. "Enough." Barak grabs my arm gently. "Let's go", he whispers. I follow Barak till we're by the door. Eyes from everywhere staring at us, and there are whispers. Some look angry, others confused. And for me, it's clear I'm not welcome here.

As soon as the door closes I breathe again not realizing I was holding it in. "Thank you, Barak", I say. It is the first time I saw him seriously. "You better not come here, heroes can be very sensitive when it's about villains and everything related to it", he says. His face is looking so serious like a leader ruling his kingdom. He walks away, back to the cafeteria.

"[Name]! I was looking for you" Noah says as he sees me. "Are you okay?" "Yes, let's just go back. Please", I say. I can't hide the sadness in my smile and Noah seems to notice.

We go into the car and we drive away from the city. The silence is somehow comfortable but Noah seems to be sad as well and it bothers me. Because I'm sad does mean he has to be as well! Oh god... I want to go home. "What happened?" The agent breaks the silence. I don't feel like keeping it a secret and telling the drama that just happened. "I'm sorry, [name]. I shouldn't have brought you there", he says. "It's okay. At least Kallan is fine", I reply. "But it isn't just that, that bothers me. I wanna go home. Sometimes this world is really..." "... a lot?" Smiles Noah. "Yeah, you could put it that way."

"Thanks for the ride", I say as I go back into the house. Soft music is playing in the background and I see Botan, sitting on the couch. His head leaning on his hand, he looks tired and seems to be thinking as well. I decide not to bother him and walk into my own room. Just as I open the door I see Naomi, standing in my room just staring at my bed. I stop and watch her. She doesn't move, barely breathes even, and just stares at the open space. She seems to be completely gone. I notice the dark atmosphere like we're not the only ones in the room. Something darker, or rather... someone darker.

"Naomi?" The girl looks up with her dull eyes. "What are you doing?" "[Name]-sama..." Her eyes pierce into mine, and the shadow on her face makes it even creepier. I get a shiver down my spine. "Yeah?" "You smell like heroes, take a shower", she tells me and walks a zombie out of the room.

What the hell was that?

However, the dark tension didn't leave with her. I can still feel that someone is watching me. I look around but there is nothing here. "Hey, [name]!" I turn around to the door. Ryan has a box with him and smiles kindly at me. "Hey..." Ryan walks into the room and puts down the box. "Wauw... what an energy." "You can feel that too?" "Yes. It's almost frightening", he replies. "What is it?" "If you mean the energy then it's probably a ghost." "Yeah, right", I say in a sarcastic tone. "No, really. Sometimes the souls escape the 'death realm' as we like to call it, and they choose a person to attach to. But I'm gonna be honest with you, I've never felt so much energy in one room, and it's dark if you ask me", he explains. "Should I be worried?" I ask. "I don't want to scare you but it depends. They can't hurt you in any way from the outside but from the inside... they can break you." Ryan takes some papers from the desk and put them in the box. "They like to contact people in many different ways, so keep your eyes open", Ryan smiles at me before he takes the box with him and goes into another room.

"Okay."

"[Name]-sama?" A male voice says. I open my eyes and look around. There is no one in there. I probably should have imagined it. Yet I still crawl out of my bed and look at myself in the mirror. The longer I look, how more blurry my sight is. Eventually, the only thing I see is myself in the mirror, darkness surrounding us. Only me and the mirror in a dark, endless realm without ground nor walls. My reflection smiles wickedly at me and I stumble back. Without my reflection moving I take a few steps back. How is this possible?! "Do not wail and do not weep~" It sings. "Stop!" I remember that song just too well. I close my eyes and put my hands over my ears, but it's only getting harder. "Now you stay with me forever~" When it spoke the last sentence my back hits the cold ground everything is back to normal. Only the dark sky and some lighting can be seen, followed by the sound of thunder with me laying on the wooden ground. I stand back up in a rush and look back at my reflection

but even that is completely back to normal...