Chapter 16

I walk out of the house in my own clothes, everyone is done packing, and I already said silently goodbye. Knowing I never see this beautiful mansion again. I see an expensive car standing on the front porch, but there aren't enough seats for the six of us.

At last, Naomi comes out of the mansion and locks the door. "Good, we're all here," says Botan. Suddenly, the gate of the garage opens, revealing a kind of limousine.

These are some rich villains...

"Don't look so surprised, [name]. Get in, "says Botan. The door opens automatically, and I just step in the limousine. Naomi and I sit on the first side, while Damian and Dai sit on the other side. The silence is awkward when the car starts. I have no idea where Botan and Jun are.

"Is it far from here?" I ask. "Yes. It's that mountain there, "Replys Dai. He points outside to a mountain that lies incredibly far from here. "Oh..."
"It seems like we have to spend 4 hours with each other now," says Damian. He grins and sinks into his part of the couch.

These guys aren't very talkative...

"There must be a beautiful view on the mountain, right?" I ask. "Not really. There is an abbey."

Probably for protection.

"Then why is it hold there?" "Because there is the last superhero, he can't leave that place, and he's the one to lead the ceremony," replies Dai. "Damian, you said there weren't superheros anymore." "My bad, seems like I forgot that one."
"How can he still live? Is that his kind of power?"
"No, back in the day, there were just three supervillains left. Chikao, Reo, and firepetal."
"Firepetal?"
"That's what they called the last supervillain. They never wrote her real name down. She used to be a secret agent, but she fell in love." "Love? With who?"

"A supervillain" replies Naomi. "Big mistake, big mistake..."
It's quiet again. "Come on, guys! I want to know the story. Just get on with it. I don't have to ask each detail, right?"I say. "Alright, alright," sighs Damian.

"Firepetal worked officially as a secret agent. However, one day, she got asked to go undercover, pretending to be a villain so she could discover their plan. Don't ask which plan because we don't know. But eventually she fell in love with Chikao and wanted to stay a villain because... you know. 'Love'. He never returned it, though."
"That's sad," I reply. "But what has this do with how they died?"
"Chikao was killed," continues Dai. "Reo killed him. Why? We don't know. It was never really clear what happened after that. Only firepetal was angry at Reo for killing the love of her life, and they died somehow both with it."

I think back about my dreams. Everything they tell somehow all match with my dream. But... I never saw the part where she was an agent.
.

.

.
The car stops after hours of driving. We step out, and I can see the beautiful view from the mountain. I can see the whole city, the mountain is even higher than the skylines. Behind me is an abbey, and behind the abbey, there is a large building. It has several towers and is made of stone and looks like it comes from history. There are beautiful lights hanging to illuminate the castle. Yet it does have modern adaptations. We step through the big gate where there is a huge courtyard, with cirkels partons in it. Around the outside cirkel are a couple of thrones like-stoned chairs. Several people are already there. I recognize some heroes and some villains.

"This place is huge," I think out loud. "Hold on girly, wait till you see the party", says Damian. "You see that throne over there, [name]-san?", Botan asks and pionts at one of the thrones. I nod my head. "Only the biggest and most poweful villains and heroes sit there. And that is ours." "Cool..."I say amazed. Then Botan points at the middle throne. "That's where the superhero sits." I nod my head in understanding.

"Ah, family Tanaki. Welcome to the Herian festival!", says a woman. Her hair is long and curly with black highlights. She has a kind face yet an energetic vibe. "It's very nice to meet you. Are these you children?" She looks at us. "No, this is [name]. She's our minion. These are my children: Naomi, Damian, and Dai." The woman's eyes immediately turn to Dai, and a flirty grin grows upon her lips. "My my... aren't you a handsome fellow, "she says. The woman reaches out to him. But before he can touch his cheek, he slaps her hand away. She surprised pulls her hand back. "Oh!"

Her surprised look quickly changes.

"Handsome and feisty..." The woman licks her lips. "I like that~"

The feeling of disgust runs through my body. "Ay! Help with the suitcases, yes! "says Jun. I gladly take the task upon me and go fastly away from the flirty woman.

I take a suitcase from the car. Suddenly, I bump into someone's chest and drop the suitcases. I look up. "Barak?" The hero grins at me. "[Name], I hoped you would come. It was very busy the last few days. Will you be here for the party?" "I guess."
Kallan walks up to us and snikes shyly. "Hi, [name]." "Hey, Kallan."
Suddenly, a hand grabs the two heroes from behind and pulls them away from me. "Mind your own business, will ya," growls Damian, and walks past me to take his suitcase. "I can talk to your minion, can't I?", he lips back. Damian stands still and glares at the heroes. He walks up to them like when their heads almost touch. "Talk, don't touch," Damian  threatens. The two glare at eachother.

I don't interupt them. Tommorow am I gone anyway. A warm hand touches gently my shoulder. "Want to see something cool?", Kallan says softly. His voice is so sweet that I can't say no. "Okay."

We sneak past the two arguing couple. Kallan grabs my hand as he leads me to his special place. We walk outside the castle ground into a forest. "Where are you taking me?" I ask with a smile. "It's a suprise." The forest is beautiful, there is green everywhere and the wind blows softly the hair out of my face. I like the warmth of his hand holding mine and secretly enjoy it.

There is a waterfall not far from here. "Close your eyes," whispers Kallan. "Why are you whispering?" "Shh..." I can feel his warm breath against my ear. I do as he says, and I close my eyes. We duck behind a bush. "You can open them now." I open my eyes and look between the leaves of the bush. There is a gorgeous deer. The sun shines on its fur as he drinks from the river next to the waterfall. I never had seen a deer from so close in the wild. "Beautiful..."

"Wanna see something cool?" I nod my head. Kallan moves his hands, and I hear the water change. The shining water flies out of the river, above the deer to us. Water in the form of a dolphin jumps out of the stream. I gasp amazed. "Unbelievable. You can do this?" "Yes, my power is water. It's not always beautiful, though."
My back leans on Kallans chest while I giggle every time the dolphin jumps. The waterdrops land on me, but I don't mind. Kallan lays his hand on my shoulder, and I realize how close we are. I look up to face him, and our lips almost touch.

His lips look really kissable...

"Thanks for showing this," I say. "I know it's not very original, but -" "What do you mean? Nobody could ever be able to show me this." "'Be able to'?", he repeats. I giggle and just ignore it. I want to enjoy the moment while I can.

Kallan looks at my lips. I blush realizing what he's thinking. Our bodies touch and our lips just inches apart.

"[Name]!!"

A familiar voice yells through the trees. I look startled at the direction of the voice, knowing that it's the person who hates heroes the most.

Dai...

I stand up quickly when I hear Dai's voice. "We probably should go," I say to Kallan. He nods his head, and we stand up. The deer gets scared at the sight of us and runs away.

We walk through the forest till I see the winged man. "There you are," Dai says as he sees me coming. Then he glares at the sight of Kallan. "He's coming."
"Who is coming?"

"Zyrian."

________________________________

Hi there!

I know I take longer for the chapter but I made this one longer. I hope you guys don't mind.

Have a nice day/night! 👋