Chapter 26

The next morning, I wake up, the sun still shining. My body regained its strength. I pull away the blanket as I look around. Nobody is here with me.

I stand up, put on some clothes, and make my way to the door. It's quiet everywhere, no sound to be found.

Maybe they're all outside?

I can't quite tell, as I just walk through the empty halls. I open the door, the fresh outside air blows the hair out of my face. The breeze is enjoyable. I set a foot outside.

"Get on the ground!" A voice yells. Not a second later, I get a large hit on my head. I fall on the ground, a wave of pain flowing through me. A large force pulls me down, grabs my hands, and forcefully pulls them on my back. I struggle and look behind me. A man with a mask looks at me, screaming at me. On its bullet proof jacket stands: 's.w.a.t'.

The officer pulls my hair and knocks my head on the cold, stoned ground. He's forcing me down, I can't move a single thing. Two pairs of shoes stop before me. I look up to see a man, looking down at me with a serious expression on his face. "You have the right to remain quiet, supervillain", he says. He shows no single look of mercy. He looks at me like scriminal, a bastard, a murderer...

He ducks, speaking almost directly to me. "This doesn't feel nice, does it? It should be this way." He stands back up and motions to the other members of the team to mive forward.

"What's this?", I recognize Botan's voice and relief washes over me. Followed by Damian and Noami, but Dai is nowhere to be seen.

The blonde man who talked to me turns to them. "The government gave us the order to arrest the supervillain", he says. "This is ridiculous, the game-" "-is over. Peace is no longer needed, we can arrest her."

The 'her' is spitted out like I'm some garbage, needing to kiss his feet and beg him for forgiveness. I slightly glare at him, not that he spends his time looking at me or my feelings. "Get her into the car", the man orders and turns around, looking back at me. "Let's go for a ride", he says and gets into a large black, police car. Two hands grab me and pull me, pain still flowing through my veins with every step I take to the car. I get pushed inside. 

The scary blonde man sits in front of me, staring at me with a death stare. Two small chains are put on my wrists before the closes into the lock. I can see outside but the windows are tinted, no one can see us. The car starts to move and I look back at the officer, who hasn't move an inch. The silence is haunting as we stare at each for a couple of minutes. "Those chains around your wrists are meant so you can't use you powers", he explains to break the silence. I had my suspicions about the chains, but I don't bother to try it out. Not like I can control my power anyway. 

I take a short glance at my wrists before looking back at the cop. "Alright", I say shortly. If they can arrest me so easily, why didn't they arrest the Tanaki family, or Zyrian? After all, they're not only fighting the heroes but also the goverment in a way  of speaking. Many murders, robbing, destroying a big part of the city. Yet here I am, simply because I have symbol burned into the side of my neck. 

"Why did you arrest me?", I ask. "Because you're a villain." "So is Zyrian", I add. The cop doesn't seem to be happy about my reply and glares at me. He ruffles his hand through his messy hair and sighs. "That's different." "Explain to me why it's different." "You don't have the right to make demands", he says. "You have the right to be silent, everything can be used against you when you're in the trial", he states. I frown confused. "I get a trial?" "No. I just need to say because it's stands in the book." I sigh. "Well, in that case it doesn't matter what I say. You're going to put me in jail anyways. However, I do like to see the proof you have." "Read some history, there is your proof."

He is reffering to my previous life...

The cop still looks at me like a dead-stone statue. "I don't need you to answer me, but I'm not like that anymore." A small chuckle comes from the cop. "Is that so?", he asks with a smug grin on his face. His eyes showing a twinkle of amusement. "What are you? Retired?", he chuckles. "No, it happened hundred years ago, you can't seriously think that I'm the same person. I've been dead and reborn." The cop bursts out laughing. However I can't tell of it's genuine or fake. "You're right. In my previous life I was a vampire", he says sarcastically. I glare at him as he says it.

There is no way reasoning, is there?

Suddenly the car stops quickly making me fall forward, almost headbutting the cop but I can't quickly lean away. My hands lands on his chest. His first reaction is to hold on to the car and to me. 

"What the hell was that?"