Chapter 3: really bro really

"D-Drake I don't know what to say, it's j-just-"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm so stupid. Why would I have told you? What's wrong with me."

"DRAKE!! Shut up! Let me finish. Goodness child, alright I like you too it's just I want to take it slow. No rush, my last relationship didn't go so well you know this. I need to focus on little Jon and school and football. Yes I will consider us. Just take it slow." He smiled at me. "I'll take it!" Drake is a sweet guy I know that for a fact.

"You staying the night?"

"Yeah, the monster is back." When he says monster he means his step-father. His step-father is a cruel man. He abuses his mom. But Drake can't get his mom to leave him. I make his bed on my futon in my room.

"There you go. See you in the morning." Shortly I fall asleep.

~~~~~~dreaming~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am running down a street.

"Help me someone help me!" My mom is screaming as we both are running down the street.

*bang bang* she is on the ground.

"Mom? Mommy!" I try to stop the blood with my hands when I am jerked away from her body. When a gun is pointed in my face. "Bye bye little girl."

"No! No! Please don't!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alex? Alex! Wake up! It's just a nightmare!" I shoot straight out of my bed breathing heavily. I grab Drake's chest.

"I-it's all my fault if I wouldn't have said anything that night she would still be here."

"No you know that's not true." My dad bust through the door with his shot gun.

"What's going on?" He saw me and his eyes soften towards me.

"Aw princess did you have it again?" I nodded.

"It's okay. You know it wasn't your fault. Just wrong place and time." I kept crying for about an hour. Drake fell asleep in my bed. It was around 5:32 am. I got up and to the basement where my workout room was. I put my headphones in and started to run on my treadmill. I lost myself in the music. After about 30 minutes I started to slow down but I kept going. When I felt my treadmill slow down. I looked around and saw little Jon standing there.

"Hey bud. What's wrong?" He smiled at me.

"Nothing sissy. Time to get ready for school! Can I pick your outfit out?"

"Sure bud. But I have to wear my football jersey it's game day." We both went upstairs to my room. Drake wasn't there.

"Drake said he was going home to get clothes he said he will be back soon." Little Jon picked out some boot cut jeans and my cowboys boots.

"Curl your hair! I like it that way!" After I changed I started to curl my hair when I heard my bedroom door open.

"I'm back." It was Drake.

"Did you run into the monster?"

"No he was asleep. But I did see my mom."

"And how is she?"

I didn't hear anything so I walked into my room. His head was in his hands.

"Drake what happen?" He stood up and walked towards me. He wrapped his arms around my body.

"He hit her again this time it was bad, he broke her arm." I wrapped my arms around him.

"It will be okay I promise." I finished curling my hair and put my make up on. Just eye liner and mascara. A little bit of lip gloss. I finally put my jersey on. It was number 16 with my last name O'Ryan.