Chapter 16: Hater gotta hate

I wake in my own bed. I look around confused. All I remember is hugging Ashton. When I got up I hear snoring. I look on the ground to see Ashton, Brandon, Levi and Little Jon sleeping. I step over them and walk downstairs to see a woman sitting at our kitchen bar. She was about the same height as me. She was laughing. I look around her to see my dad smiling at her. My dad sees me around her.

"Good morning sweetie." The woman turns around. She is stunning. 

"Hi, you must be the famous Alex I have heard of. I'm Sarah." She extends her hand. I shake her hand. I give my dad a look. He just shrugs. 

"Well if you'll excuse me I need to go shower." I leave them and go to the bathroom. I plug my phone into the speakers and take a shower. When I'm in the shower I go over everything that has happen in the past few days. I try to register everything in my head. I felt bad for Kate and Mikaela. Then I started to think about Andrew Ashton's dad. He must be so confused. After my shower I change into basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I let my hair air dry. I didn't really care about anything. 

"I'm going for a run dad!" 

"Alright!" I didn't even look for Ashton or any other guys. I put my headphones in my phone. I stretch then I start at a slow jog then I speed it up. I could feel my adrenaline pumping through my veins. When I started to slow down I realized that I had run clear across town. I turned around and headed home. When I was slowly jogging the hairs on the back of my neck started to tingle. I just brushed it off. 

"I'm just paranoid." I say out loud. When I got home all the guys were up. I walked past them and went to take another shower. When I came downstairs Sarah was talking to the guys. I sit next to Ashton.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Where did you go?" 

"For a run." Ashton put his arm around me and I snuggled into his shoulder. Something was throwing me off today but I couldn't put my finger on it.  It was Sunday so we all kind of chilled that day. All the guys went home except Ashton. 

"Alex can I speak to you?"

"Sure Dad." I get up and go to the kitchen with my dad. I sit on the barstool. 

"How do you like Sarah?" I raise my eyebrows.

"She seems nice I guess why?" 

"Well I wanted to wait to tell you but I have been dating her for about 10 months." After that my world kind of shattered. How could he hide this from me. 

"Alex? Sweetie?" I look at my dad with no expression. I get up off the barstool and walk up my stairs. I go to my room and lock the door. Next thing I know is I climb out my window and run towards the cemetery.  I could feel the tears running down my cheeks. I put my phone on silent. Shortly I arrived at my mom's grave. I hit my knees and just bawl. 

"Mom I need you more then ever right now! I'm so lost in everything. It should've been me! I'm not mad at dad dating again it's just I can't cope with it. Why did you have to take her away?! I wasn't ready! Please just give me a sign! I hate being this way!!!!!!" I scream into the air. 

"Sissy?" I look up to see Little Jon standing there. 

"Buddy what are you doing here?" I got up and walked towards him. 

"I followed you here. Why are you so upset?" 

"Well buddy when you can only handle so many things you kind of just explode that's why."

"Why do you think you can handle it by yourself?"

"Because I don't want to hurt anyone else." Little Jon wipes my tears away.

"The only person you're hurting is yourself sissy. Please don't cry." I smile and pick him up. 

"Let's head home." I put him on my back and start to walk home. I hated doing this to myself beating myself up but I have always kept my feelings on the inside. After 30 minutes I walked in the front door. I see Sarah trying to comfort my dad. Ashton pacing the floor. I shut the door behind me and my dad was up within seconds. 

"Alex? Where have you been?"

"I went to the cemetery." He looks at me with sad eyes. 

"Princess, I just want to say-"

"Dad I'm glad you're dating again, it kind of just surprised me that was it." Ashton takes little Jon off my back and we both head upstairs. 

"Goodnight." 

"Goodnight Princess." I tuck little Jon into his bed. We both walk to my room. He pulls out the pull out bed in my couch. 

"I love you babe."

"I love you too Ashton." 

********************************Next Day**************************

*beep* *beep* 

"God forbid that alarm!!!" I yell. I get up and braid my hair. Then I jump on Ashton's bed.

"Time to wake up." I say. Before I could move Ashton wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me down with him.

"Five more minutes." he mumbles. I turn around so I face him. Then I start to kiss his nose, his cheek, his chin, then his jaw line.

"You are a tease you know that don't you?"

"Me Never!" He opens one eye then smirks at me. He let's me go so I can change. I change quickly in my closet. I put on my black legging with Ashton's hoodie and white converse. I throw my hair up in a messy bun. I decide not to put on make up. When I come out I see Ashton's struggling to put on a shirt. 

"Why does this have to be difficult?"

"Because you have inside out doofus." He looks at me and grins. Then he pulls off his shirt and puts in on right.

"Is that my hoodie?" 

"Yes it is." Ashton then walks over to me. He grabs my waist. 

"It looks way better on you then me." Before he could kiss me there's a knock on my door. The door slowly opens. It's Little Jon. 

"Time for school!!!!!" yells Little Jon. Ashton decides that he is going to drive me to school. When we arrive at the school. All the guys are standing around our spot. Shortly the bell rings. I was taking notes when all of a sudden the fire alarm goes off. We all get up and head outside.  I look for Ashton but I see a figure in a hoodie. I brush it off and look for Ashton. When I find him he looks just as confused as everyone else. 

"Alright everyone, this was not planned." says principal Mr.Weller. Then before anyone can react he is shot. Everyone hits the ground screaming. I don't move, I'm frozen. The guy with the hood looks start at me. 

"Why are you doing this?" I say. He looks at me. 

"Because I hate everyone here." 

"There has to be another reason. C'mon Will tell me." 

"H-How do you know my name?"

"Just because I look like a jock doesn't mean I don't know anyone." 

"SHUT UP!" He screams at me. I look at him and he holds the gun straight at me. I don't freak out I just look at him. 

"Go ahead pull the trigger, I've lived my life." I say, then my mind goes to Little Jon.  Will looks at me, he's shaking not even holding the gun straight. 

"I will!" I look at him one more time then he pulls the trigger. I expect the pain but all I get it someone heavy on me. I look up to see Drake on top of me.