Chapter 26: Of all people why me?

My dad and I were coming home. We were only gone for a few days, but it was good to be back. We have a game tomorrow. I wasn't really nervous but finding out that a lot of people knew who I was. I didn't really think that I was that famous. The plane lands and we head out to the luggage area. When  we arrived to the luggage area, it was about 11:30 am. We were heading home, I knew the guys were in school. I told my dad that I was going to school. 

Shortly I arrived at school just in time for lunch. No one expected me there. When I get to the school everyone is already in the lunch room. I go to the office to sign in.

"Hey there Alex how was the visit?"

"Yes I did. I love it there. I can't wait to graduate." She smiles at me then I got to the lunch room. Something felt funny, I couldn't put my finger on it. When I showed up to the lunchroom everyone was chatting away, I saw Ashton he was sitting with our crew. I told them I wouldn't be back till Friday. 

"Yo! It's Alex!" yells Brandon. They all look at me and smile. Ashton gets up and walks over to me. He hugs me.

"I missed you babe. How was it?" We went back to the table. 

"Well it was pretty awesome, they all were pretty nice. Except one guy but he warmed by the end of the time. We weren't really pushed to our limits, but most of the guys were impressed with me. Did you all know that ESPN wanted to do an article about me?"

"What!? No freaking way?!" says Levi. He was all about ESPN. He wanted to become a spokesperson. He knew about all the facts and people. 

"If you do get an interview can I go with?" asks Levi

"Duh, all of you would go. I won't leave anyone behind." Soon the bells rings and we all head to our fifth hour. It was almost time for practice, I told dad that since I wasn't there all week that we could put Trey in. Next thing I know is it's practice time. 

We all got dressed out and headed towards the field it was pretty cool out today. When we got there my dad was talking to the other coaches. 

"Alright guys 30 laps." We all started but I could tell some of the guys were out of breath. I was confused didn't they practice? When we finished dad looked pretty angry. 

"Alright Juniors, I was told something that I am not too happy about. That you all decided to skip practices since I wasn't here so guess what you all get to do? Bear crawls, from end-zone to end-zone. Go." They all got down and started, I let out a sigh and joined them. Then I see the rest of the football team joins. When we got done I stood up and looked at them. 

"We win as a team and we will lose as a team. That even means accepting the reward and accepting the punishment. You all should know better then to skip practice when Coach O'Ryan isn't here. Look at the underclassmen  what example are you setting to them? Did you ever think about that? You should have a good excuse to be able to skip practice." After that we run through some plays, Trey was doing pretty good but something was off. 

"Trey!" I yell. He walks over to me.

"What's going on? You seem off or not even here?"

"It's just that, I don't know if I could really do this. I mean that I haven't been QB in awhile. I'm so use to being a linemen now. Do you think I could talk to Coach?" 

"It's up to you, I figured you wanted to be QB?" 

"Nah, that's your place." Later that afternoon we went to the locker room to shower and go back to my house. When we got there Little Jon was playing with his action figures. I smiled at him, I was so glad that he was so much better. We all went down to the basement. 

"So Alex, there is a party tomorrow night wondering if you wanted to come?" says Austin. 

"Depends on if we win or not. If we do then I'll go, if we don't win then I will stay home." 

"Deal." My dad was okay with me going to parties as long as I didn't drink, I'm not stupid. I like my life the way it is I don't need to mess it up right? 

_
************************NEXT DAY**************************

I woke up pumped for the game. I could hear the guys talking downstairs. What time was it? I looked at my alarm clock. 6:45 am. Huh? Why are they here so early? I curled my hair and put on my clothes and headed downstairs. When I got there the kitchen was full as usual. I was thinking about next year. It was going to be so much different without everyone. But I was going to make it through. We got in our cars and headed to the school. Everyone was buzzing with excitement. 

"Yo Alex! Let's win tonight!" yells some random student. I smiled back at them. Then next thing I know it's game time. It was a home game. We all got change and grabbed each others hands and walked out as a team. I loved this team so much they were just like my family.  As the game was starting we were in the best shape we could be. 

"Alright guys, I know you're tired but we have about a minute left hang in there with me." I look at the score board. It was 46 to 8. We were winning but I didn't want to give up because we were so far ahead. But the other team just punted it and the buzzer went off. We cheered but went to the middle and told them good game. 

"Alright get showered and head to the party!" I yell. We all get change and head to the party. It was at Austin's house, our main defense guy. We all went to the party, we could feel the bass of the speakers. We all walk in and the crowd cheers. I was wearing my football jersey with my jeans. We all were so proud, we are undefeated. 

"Want something to drink?" asks Ashton.

"Just water, I'll come with you. Something doesn't feel right." We walk to the kitchen and get some drinks. After awhile I lost Ashton. The party was packed full of people. It was hard to breathe so I stepped outside for a second. I saw some beefy looking guys standing around. My gut was telling me to leave but I needed to find Ashton. One of them whistled at me.

"Hey babe! What are you looking for?"

"No you." I was getting ready to go back inside when he blocked my entrance. 

"C'mon sweetheart have a little fun?"

"I would rather not." I went to go back inside but he grabbed my arm. He started to drag me away from the house. I was screaming but no one could hear me over the music. He was smiling at me as he threw me on the ground. My eyes widen.

"Please no. Dear God no." I was thrashing around, trying to get him off me. 

"This will be fun." He was kissing my neck trying to be seduce me. I was whimpering, tears were falling down my cheeks. Then he pulled my pants off. I was still wearing my jersey. He put himself inside of me and thrusted. I screamed out of pain. 

"Stop!" I screamed over and over again. After he was done with me he smiled down at me.

"Should do this again doll-face." Then he walked away. I laid there feeling numb and broken.

"Yo! I found her!" I hear Brandon walking towards me.

"Dear God no, Alex? Babe?" Ashton walks over to me. He tries to move me but I whimper.

"Did you get.."

"It hurt so much."