Chapter 22: It will be everything

It was Monday morning. I was sitting on my bed thinking. This Friday we have a game, like usual but there will only be 4 more games. 

'Where has the time gone?' I think to myself. Then I get up and walk around my room looking for clothes to wear. I pull out my jeans and superman sweater. I curl my hair. I put my eyeliner on and mascara. I go downstairs to see my dad and Little Jon. 

"Hi honey, ready for today?" asks my dad.

"I think so nothing really is major today?"

"Really, I thought there was something really major." I look at my dad confused. 

"Well I'm going to school I have Math homework. I need help with." I kiss both their cheeks. I get in my car and back out of my drive way. It was about 7:25 when I got to school. I walk into the math room. 

"Hi Alex. Need some help on your homework?" says Mr.Mall

"Yeah, I just couldn't get the hang of it."

"Alright, what problems." 

"Just the last one." Then Mr.Mall walks to the board and starts to write it out. 

"Okay you need to times 851 by 7.5 then you cube root it." 

"Oh that was my problem I forgot to cube root it. Thanks." I walk out of the room to see the school was still empty. I look at my phone it was 7:55, school starts at 8:05. I start to walk around the school. When I get to the senior hallway it's decorated with streamers and balloons. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!" Yells everyone. I look shocked. It's my birthday and I forgot. Ashton comes up to me.

"Happy birthday baby." He then leans down and kisses my cheek. I smile at him.

"Thanks sweetie. I'm going to be honest I completely forgot it was my birthday." Ashton laughs. I take the time to look at him. His laugh is music to my ears. I put my hand on his chest, I feel the vibrations. 

"Oh babe you just make me wonder about you." I smile at him. We head to our first hour and there are roses on my desk. I go and look at them. There is one fake one in the middle, I grabbed the note.

'I will stop loving you when the last rose dies.

                           -Ashton-bear'

I look at Ashton. He is smiling at me. Ashton truly is the best boyfriend ever. I put the roses on the desk beside me. As I work on our English assignment I can feel Ashton tracing the words on my back. 

*RING* 

We get up and head to our next class. Ashton puts his arm around my shoulder. 

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ashton." We walk to our next class. I swear I fall more in love with him everyday. As we go through the day I keep getting gifts from him. When it was lunchtime Ashton brought me Mexican food. 

"Aw babe. Thank you so much." I kiss his cheek. At the end of the day it was time for practice we were still undefeated.  Most of the guys were getting cocky.  

"No one can beat us." says Brandon. As we were all walking back to the locker room.

"That's what you think." I say. They all stop and look at me.

"What? You guys don't ever think that we will get beat. If you don't stop being so cocky about yourselves. Then we will lose on Friday. Get off your high horses." Then I walk to the locker room. I take a shower and change. I head towards my truck. 

"Whoa babe! Where are you going?" Ashton grabs my arms. 

"Oh sorry, I was just more focused on going home." 

"Why?"

"Why what?" 

"Why do you want to go home?" 

"I usually do?"

"Well your dad told me to try and keep you distracted for about 25 minutes. So 20 more minutes!" We just sat there in my truck talking about how our days went. Ashton's phone buzzed. 

"Alright let's go." I started my truck ready to go. 

"Oh no. I am going to drive." Ashton picks me up and puts me in the passenger seat. Then he ties a blindfold on my eyes. 

"Okay here we go." As I'm riding I start to think what my dad has in plan for me. 

"Alright we are here." I stay in my spot. Ashton comes over to my side and opens my door. 

"Easy there. Alright, one step at a time." I could tell that we were at my house. Ashton helped me up my stairs and through my front door. He took off the blindfold. My house was covered in balloons. 

"SURPRISE!" yells everyone. I smile and look at them. My dad comes up to me. 

"Happy birthday princess." 

"Oh thank you so much daddykins!" I go around looking for my friends. But there was a knock on the door. My dad just looks at me and smiles.

"We have one more surprise for my daughter." He opens the door and Matthew Stafford and Tom Brady are standing at my door. I scream on the top of my lungs.

"OH MY GOSH NO WAY!!! HOW? WHAT? WHY?" I ran over to my dad and hugged him.

"Oh thank you so much dad! I love you so much!" I walked over to them.

"Hi, my name is Alex and I am a huge fan of both of you!" They both smiled at me. 

"Well we heard a lot about you Alex. We were wondering if you and your friends want to go play some touch football?" asks Tom Brady. 

"Only on one condition."

"Yes?"

"I get to be the quarterback." They laugh at me.

"That's fine." We all get in different vehicles. I was buzzing with excitement. When we got there I get to choose my team. Of course I chose my main guys. Then Tom Brady and Matthew Stafford stand on the sidelines to watch me. As I was playing I wasn't focused on them I was focused on playing the game. 

We were playing for about an hour when my dad called us over.

"Alright everyone party's over go home. The boys who are normally at my house go back. Alex come here." Ashton looked at me and I nodded for him to go on. 

"Yeah dad?" 

"These fine gentlemen want to talk to you." 

"Well Alex first off you have an amazing throwing arm. You are an excellent leader. I see you having a future in the NFL. I can promise you that. I see nothing wrong with anything your doing." says Matthew. 

"You do Alex that is a gift. I can tell you get a lot of stuff for being a girl but I will say I have seen some footage. You can take a hit." says Tom. 

"Thank you that means a lot coming from both of you." 

"We talk to your dad and he asked if we will stay for your game on Friday. We would love too. We already have a hotel booked we might make some calls and have some teammates come down if that's okay?"

"Yeah that's fine. Well I better head back home. Thank you for coming."

"It was our pleasure." Then I run towards the truck. Ashton is in the driver's seat waiting for me.

"Did you have a good birthday?"

"Yes I did."