Chapter 5: I'm trying my best

After the talk I had with Ashton and Drake I went upstairs to take a shower. When I got in the shower I heard a knock on the door. "Yeah?" "Alex, the rest of us are heading home we will see you tomorrow." Then silence after that. It was official, I was home alone. It didn't bother me that I was home alone. I do like my alone time by myself. It's just with the day I have had I wanted someone to tell me it was going to be alright. I got out of the shower after about 25 minutes. I put my towel around my body. I walked to my bedroom and put on my superman pants with my black sports bra. After that I went back to my bathroom and brushed my hair. It was about 1:37 am, when I finally went to bed. As soon as I hit my pillow I was out.

*******************************dreaming***************************************

I am running down a dark street. All I can hear is my footsteps. "Alex? Come out where ever you are." Then I am hiding in my closet. "Alex I'm sorry but you know you wanted to do it." I cover my mouth trying to stop from screaming. Then all of a sudden I'm in the park running. "Stop moving!" says the man. I start to scream. After that I am walking down the street with my mom. "C'mon Alex no time to dilly dally." Then we hear something going on in the alley. "Mommy what's going on?" The man with a gun sees us. My mom grabs my hand and starts to run. "C'mon Alex run!!" We are running, I am getting tired. She trips and falls, I go down with her. The man comes up and shoots my mom in the chest 4 times. He looks at me. "This will make you learn to never get in anyone's business again." He points the gun at me. "Bye, bye little girl." He shoots me in the shoulder. I cry out in pain. Before he can get another shot the police arrive.

******************************************************************************

I am screaming, jerking my body back and forth. Tears are streaming down my face.

"Alex! wake up!" Ashton is shaking me. I shoot straight up. The tears keep flowing. He looks at me with concerned eyes. Before I can say anything, I grab my trashcan near my bed and puke everything up. While I am puking I am shaking uncontrollably. Ashton is rubbing my back. "It's going to be alright." I get up from my bed to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I am brushing my teeth I look in the mirror to see my big scar on my right shoulder. After I get done brushing my teeth, I put my fingers up to my scar and trace it. Ashton comes behind me and puts his hand on mine. I look in the mirror at him. He leans down and puts his head on my shoulder. I lean into his body for support.

"Alex, I'm going to let you know. I can't hold back much more. I want you, no I need you to be with me. I don't like other guys looking or talking about you. I understand that I need to wait and I will. But I don't think Drake deserves you. I probably don't deserve you either but I can promise I will always be there." I turn around to him, and I hug him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I know Ashton, trust me I know." We just stand there for few more minutes. "Ash?"

"Hmm?"

"Are we betraying Drake by doing this?" He looks down at me.

"No, I am just comforting a hurt friend." I smile up at him. Even though I am 5'11 Ashton still is taller then me. We both walk back to my room. Ashton gets on the bed with me. I have my back on my wall while he is laying down with his head on my lap. "I thought you all left? Why didn't you go home?" He looks up at me. "Well I knew that you had a rough day so I decide to come back. Actually after we all got in our cars I just went around the block and came back." I smile at him. Of course he would stay. I started to play with his hair. I love playing with a guy's hair. We continue to talk but we soon fall asleep talking to each other.

----------------------Next Morning-----------------------

"Dude shut up you might wake them!"

"He is so lucky that Drake isn't here. Drake would kill him!" I slowly open my eyes and see Levi and Brandon standing there. I try to get up but something is on my waist. I look behind me to see Ashton holding on to my waist. I turn myself around and look at him.