Chapter 15: Nothing New?

When I wake up the next morning my left shoulder is hurting really bad. I get up but try to cover my little yelp. I got to the bathroom for pain meds. 

"What is going on with it now?" I look at Brandon standing there.

"Nothing it does this every once in awhile."

"Oh where you have to take like tons of pain pills?" I glare at him. 

"Trust me it will be over by next Friday." He just nods at me. Then we both walk down to the basement. The rest of our group was down there. 

"Hey." All the guys look at me and smile. I look around to find Ashton, but he's not there. 

"Where's Ash?" I ask. 

"I don't know your his girlfriend." I look at my phone and see no messages. Wonder if anything's wrong? 

My Beautiful Self: Hey, is everything alright? 

My Main: Ya

My Beautiful Self: Oh okay.

That was it, nothing after that. That means something is wrong. I look at my friends. 

"Get up, we're going to Ash's house something's wrong." 

"What do you mean? Did he tell you?" asks Levi.

"No but I can tell." We all go in my car and head over to his house. When we get there, police cars and an ambulance. We all get out looking around. I start to head to the front door when a policemen stops me.

"Miss you can't go in there."

"This is my boyfriend's house." 

"Miss I wouldn't go in there." Before I could say another sentence I hear someone yell my name. I turn around to see Hannah and Taylor running towards me. They were crying. 

"Shh girls tell me what happened?" After I calmed them down and took by my car they started to talk. 

"Well Hannah and I were in the living room playing with Kate, when someone banged on our door. Ashton was watching TV so he was getting ready to get it but Kate told him no. So he sat back down. When Kate went to the door there was a guy there. She turned really white. Ashton saw how white she got then he went to the door. The guy was yelling then he pushed Kate to the ground. Ashton punched him. Mommy and Daddy came downstairs then the guy pulled out a gun. He shot Mommy and Kate." Then they began to cry again. My eyes were starting to water but I wouldn't let the tears fall. I walked past the police officer and into the house. 

"Ash? Ashton!" I yelling into the house.

"Alex?!" I hear him yell. 

"Ashton!" I yell louder. I see him running down the stairs to me. When I look at him I see that there is some blood on his shirt and his hair's all messy. When he reaches me he hugs me. I run my hands through his hair. He begins to cry into my hair. 

"I know sweetie, shh I'm here now." After I calm him down he looks at me. 

"I-it should have been m-me." I look at my boyfriend's eyes.

"No. If it was you I don't know what I would of done. Ashton I lov-" Then I stop mid sentence. Did I really feel that way about him? 

Ashton looks at me. 

"What were you going to say." I look at him shyly. 

"I was going to say, I love you Ashton. More then you know. no matter what you are my rock, right now I will be your rock for you Ashton. Because I love you." Ashton looks at me. Then he grins. 

"I love you too. Alex I love you!" I smile at him then I kiss him. After our kiss we head outside to the guys. Ash explains everything that happen. Then a thought, 'Was it the guy who raped her?'

"Babe?"

"Hm yeah?"

"Want to go to the hospital?"

"Sure and I'm driving!" They all boo me. Ashton gets in the passenger seat. When I'm driving he grabs my hand and squeezes it. When we get there the memories come back. 

'No I am doing this for him, not now.' I think to myself. We all get out of the car and head to the entrance. When we get in there the hospital is quiet. I look at Ashton and he looks calm but I can tell he is panicking. We get to the front desk. The lady looks at us. 

"Can I help you?"

"Um Kate Greene, and Mikaela Greene."

"Oh yes, rooms 201 and 202." 

"Thank you." We start to walk to the elevator. The guys are trailing behind. Ashton is basically pulling me with him.

"We'll stay here." When we get to the rooms Ashton visits his mom first but I visit Kate. When I walk in she is watching TV.

"Hey." She looks up at me and smiles. 

"Hi."

"Was it the guy who did that to you?" She looks down and nods.

"Kate? Why did he come after you?" 

"B-Because he got kicked out of school. It was because of me, there was a camera and they caught him. He was angry. So he took it out on me and my family." I look at her then I walk towards her and hug her. 

"What if he comes after me again?" 

"Don't worry, there won't be a next time. Ashton and I will protect you no matter what. I will always be there." After that Ashton and I traded rooms. When I see his mom she doesn't look to good. 

"Come in dear." When I walk over to her I can see the bandages. 

"How's Ashton?"

"He's a bit shaken up but I'll take care of him." She looks at me and smiles.

"You know he loves you sweetie."

"Yes, and I love him." 

"Do you truly?" I look at her.

"Yes, I can see myself spending the rest of my life with him. He makes me happier than anyone or anything." She smiles at me then a nurse comes in. 

"Time for her to rest now." I nod then walk out of the room to see Ashton standing there. His eyes were puffy and red. He was crying. I come up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. Ashton was standing up and leaning against a chair. 

"No matter what happens Ashton, I will be here with you. Every step of the way! I'm not going to give up on you. I love you so much." 

He turns around and looks at me. 

"I love you so much too."