Chapter 7: Who needs you anyway.

After the little incident on my locker I just let it go. So what if they hate me for something I didn't do. Drake hasn't been to our table, he has been sitting with the snobby jocks. When I look up from my spaghetti the guys are glaring in his direction.

"Guys drop it. It's in the past just forget it. I'm good now see?" I gesture to my body. They look at me and then continues to glare at Drake.

"He shouldn't have done that. We thought he was better."

"Yes I thought that too but hey who needs him anyway. We got each other." They look at me and smile. I get up and scrape my tray. When I walk back Drake stops me. When I look over his shoulder I see the guys getting up.

"Excuse me." I say to him. Then he grabs my arm.

"Alex c'mon, please say something to me, I am your best friend."

"You were my best friend until you did that little stunt. Now if you will excuse me." Then I walk away from him. Before any of the guys can talk to me the bell rings. When I get to class I sit in my usual spot. After the incident, people have become friendly to me again so I wasn't alone for any of my classes. In the middle of class the speaker goes off.

"Mrs.Carson, Can you please send Alex O'Ryan to the office." Then she hangs up. I gather all of my stuff and go to the office. When I get in their I see the whole football team.

"Guys what's going on?" They all look at me and shrug.

"Coach O'Ryan would like to see you all in the locker room." says our school secretary. We all get up and go to the locker room. Ashton jogs up to me.

"I thought your dad wasn't going to be back for awhile?"

"Me too, but apparently he came back early." When we go in there I could only see my dad's back. My dad was a big man, he was 6'8 he weighted 257 pounds. Most of his weight was muscle, he did work out as much as the football boys. So he worked out everyday. When he turns around all I could see was his anger. Even though his face was calm I could tell he was anger.

"Sit down." his voice boomed. Ashton and I sit next to each other. Levi and Brandon sit next to me. The guys who have hung out with me could tell he was angry.

"Alex, come up here." I slowly get up and walk towards my dad.

"I was gone for a couple days as you all know for dealing with family.When I left I don't expect much. Just you all to work together, treat each other like family. I know some of you don't like the fact that Alex has joined the team. Some of you think I am choosing favorites with her because she is my daughter. But I am not. I didn't choose her as team captain, I didn't force her to go out for the team, and I didn't choose her as quarterback. The other coaches and I had a meeting to decide who would play best at. When I came back I was walking around the halls and I see something. Something on my star quarterback/ daughter's locker. The word hit me hard. When I went to the office to get the janitor to do something, he opened her locker. I saw many notes from someone and a couple other people. The notes weren't good, and that person knows who they are. Yes, I know who the person is. My daughter has been through a lot and I do not care if you hate her guts with a passion but from now on, you all will be eating together. If you have classes with each other you will sit with each other. On Thursdays before game days you will come over to my house and we will all have a fun night. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir." We all say.

"Okay go back to class. Drake, Levi, Brandon, Ashton, and Alex please stay behind." Everyone else leaves except for us. When everyone leaves we are standing in front of my dad.

"I know it was you Drake and honestly I am disappointed with you. I understand that you have some troubles at home. But really what was the reason you did this? Yes, I know you like my daughter and yes, I can tell she probably turned you down. Yes, I know Ashton was at my house comforting her. I know you came to my house and yelled at her. I may be old to you kids but I am not stupid. I do not want to see this kind of behavior again. For goodness sakes guys you have been friends since you were in diapers. Just move on, seriously." He says shaking his head. Ashton stiffens at his little speech. The guys leave except for Ashton and me.