Chapter 23: The Moment it all comes down

I was sitting on my bedroom floor looking at my posters. All these football players, I wonder if they feel the pressure I do? I pull my knees up to my chest. It was Friday, game day. Tom Brady and Matt Stafford were going to be there to watch me. I was also having college scouts come to check me out. It was a nerve racking day for me. But I will still keep my head up. 

*Knock Knock* 

"Come in." Ashton opens the door to see me on the ground. 

"Hey. I was coming to see how you were doing?"

"I'm a nervous wreck I don't know if I can do this." Ashton sits on the ground with me and puts his arm around me.

"Babe, trust me I'm just as nervous as you are. I also have college scouts tonight. I understand that two of the three quarterbacks are coming tonight. But we have to get these nerves out of us. We are coming close to sub-state." I nod at him. I was already change all I need was my boots. Ashton helped me up. We walked downstairs together. The guys were already there eating all my food.

"HEY!" They all look at me.

"Where are my waffles?!" 

"Right here princess." My dad holds a plate in the air. I run over to him and my waffles already had the peanut butter on it. 

"Thanks daddykins." I eat my waffles and head out to my Chevy Nova. His name is Brutus. I pull out of my driveway and head towards the school. I get out of Brutus and head towards the school when I get to my locker I open it up. I look at my pictures in my locker. One is of me and little Jon, one is Tom Brady, one is Matt Stafford, and the last one is Tim Tebow. I kiss my fingers then put it on his face. I have always had a crush on Tim Tebow. 

"Babe are you cheating on me with him?" I turn around to Ashton smirking.

"Well sweetheart, he will always be my first love." Ashton sighs and looks at me. 

"Wow babe that hurt deep. Real deep." I laugh and lightly punch him. We were laughing then Ashton stops and looks behind me. I turn around to see Drake with a black eye and his jaw was bruised. I walk over to him. 

"Drake, what happened?"

"H-He did it again. He was so angry I couldn't stop him this time. He didn't get to mom though. I stopped him just in time. I'll be fine." I could feel the anger building through me. I walk away from them and head towards my dad's office. My dad just got there and unlocking his door. 

"Dad." He turns around and looks at me.

"What's going on?" 

"Drake's stepdad did it. He beat Drake it's time we go have a talk to him. This has gone on to long." 

"Alright let me call the office." My dad gets on the phone and tells them that we need to run home real quick. My dad drives a 2016 Chevy truck heavy duty. I get in the passenger's side and we head to Drake's house. When we arrive his mom and stepdad's cars are still there. I get out and storm up to the front door and knock. Drake's mom answers and looks wide eye.She has a light bruise on her right cheek. 

"Hi Serenity, where is he?" says my dad.

"What are you doing here Doug?"

"Where is he?" I say. 

"Who's at the door woman?" I push past her to see the monster myself. I reach the same height as him. He looks at me. 

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing." He goes to touch me but I throw his hand away from me. He growls.

"First off you need to learn a few things. If I ever find out that you hurt this family ever again I will ruin you. I don't understand how stupid you have to be. Why would you ever hit a woman or her son. That shows that you aren't a real man. The way you carry yourself is that you are high and mighty but in reality your just a weakling. You try to drown your sorrows in drinking and hitting your wife. Obviously you have no self respect for yourself. You need to get yourself checked before you do anything. So if you know what is good for you, you will leave this house and go get yourself help." I made him mad. I could tell by the way his eye was twitching. He raised his hand to me. But my dad grabbed it. 

"Don't you ever raise your hand at my daughter or another woman." The monster nearly peed himself. Then he walked out.

"I'll be back." Then he left. Serenity looks at us and cries. 

"Thank you so much." 

"You and Drake can live with us for awhile." says my dad. She smiles and goes upstairs. My dad hands me his keys.

"Go back to school. I will ride with Serenity." I nod and head back to his truck. I drive it back to school and go to my second hour. I gave my note to the teacher. It was a study hall. When the bell rings Drake comes running up to me. He hugs me.

"My mom texted me. Thank you so much Alex." I smile.

"No problem." The next hours went by so fast. Then it was game time. We put on our pump up music and get dressed. I was putting my football pants on when we hear a knock. I had my sports bra on and football pants nothing else. 

"Um Alex O'Ryan?" I turn around and see Tim Tebow standing there. I scream and run to him. I wrap my arms around him. He laughs and puts his arms around my waist.

"OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" He laughs.

"I love you too Alex. I heard about you, Tom called me and told me I need to come down to see you. So I flew down here. I wanted to tell you good luck."

"Thank you so much." Then he smiles and walks out. The guys look at me. 

"What? LET'S GET READY FOR TONIGHT!!!" I scream and they yell. I finished getting ready and we head to the tunnel. 

"HERE IS THE HOME TEAM CLAY CENTER!!!!!!!!" Yells the announcer. We run out of the tunnel. I hear the crowd screaming for us. The game started shortly after that. 

"Okay guys I know it's fourth quarter. We're almost done." They look at me and nod. I look at the score, it's 46 to 22. We are winning. There was 10 seconds left and we had the ball. I look at my dad for plays. But he just nods. Great he wants me to run it. 

"Alright cookie crumblier." They nod and we break.

"Down 43, 19, set hike!" I  look around to see my protection and run to my right. I run with all my speed. I see this huge guy come to my right. He has his shoulder down. I was so close to the endzone. I was 2 feet away from it. I let him tackle me into the endzone! We won the game! The guys come running towards me. 

"YOU DID IT ALEX!!!" screams Brandon. I smile at my team. Only 3 more games till Sub-State.