Chapter 29: We got this

Alex POV

"Alex? Alex! Wake up!" I shoot straight up and hold my chest. It felt like my heart was going to burst through my chest. It was my nurse. I try to breathe but I can't. 

"Alex look at me. Breathe sweetheart it was just a nightmare." She was holding me as I was crying. After a few minutes I start to calm down. 

"Will I be able to go home today?"

"I think so but I'm not promising anything at all. It all depends on the doctor. I am going to get your breakfast." She walks away. I was ready to go home, I've been here way too long. Sitting here in the silence I turned on the TV. It was on ESPN. They were talking about some highlights from last weeks games. I was aching to get back on the field. The doctor came in and told me that I was released. I finished my breakfast and changed. My dad brought me other clothes. I started to head out. Dad brought my car so I could drive it home. Shortly I arrived home. 

"I can't stay in this empty house." I grab my football gear and head to the field. It was about 11:40. No one would be on the field. I wasn't ready to face school, but I was ready to run and put all my feeling into football. Maybe I'll go back later this week. It was only Tuesday. I put my cleats on and my pads, I starting to doing plays. Even though no one was hear I could still practice. I had my music on full blast and was throwing the ball. I was running up and down the field. I didn't realize that I had an audience. Someone threw a football back. I look up and see it was my team. They all were smiling at me. 

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's like four o'clock" 

"Oops sorry I'll get off the field." 

"WHAT? NO!" yells Brandon. 

"Yeah Alex, you belong on the field!" yells Levi. My dad was watching from a distance. I could tell that he was proud that I was back. 

"Well by school rules I can't practice if I wasn't at school for four hours." 

"What time did you get here?" asks my dad

"Um about 11:40 ish." 

"Well technically you have been here for more than four hours. So I don't see why not unless you don't plan on coming back?" 

"No I definitely plan on coming back." We all start to get our things going and go through the practice. It didn't feel any different, from before what happened. It was hard looking at my teammates but none of them looked at me with pity but they looked at me with confidence.

"Alright hit the showers!" I start to head for my car. 

"Alex! Come here." 

"Yeah dad?" I jog over to him. 

"Why didn't you call?" 

"Sorry I was really aching to be back on the field. I just wanted some alone time. If that is okay?" 

"Yes it is, it's just I'm worried. I don't want you to go very far from the house. For the time being, it won't last long I promise. I love you."

"I love you too."  I walk towards my car. I look all around to make sure no one is following me. I know that I shouldn't be so paranoid but how can I help it? Shortly I arrive home ready to relax. Little Jon is watching TV. 

"Hey bud."

"SISSY!!!!!"  He jumps on me and I pick him up.

"When did you get home?"

"Just a few hours ago. I'm going to take a shower and I'll be down okay?"

"Alright. Can we have an us day?"

"Soon okay I promise." He kisses my cheek and I head upstairs to my bathroom. It was hard to think that I can be home again. I turn the shower on hot so I can relax my body. When I get in the shower I can feel my body finally relax. After awhile I get out of the shower and go put sweatpants and a sweatshirt on. Walking downstairs I hear voices.

"You think she'll be okay?"

"Yeah of course bro, she always comes out of stuff."

"But  this is pretty serious." I hear them all sigh. 

"She will, even it takes her awhile. We all know that she can do this. If she can get through with her mom then she can get through this. Plus who helped us through all our stuff? If she can deal with all our baggage we can help her with hers." I sighed, do they really think that I can't come out of this? I go into the living room. They all were sitting around on the couches.

"Hey guys, what's up?" 

"Nothing just talking about you." says Brandon. I smile at them.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good, it's just I'm having nightmares but otherwise I'm doing pretty good. Sometimes I can't sleep because of the nightmares. I know it's going to be hard  but I can get through this. I know that I have you all to help me. All I'm asking is that you don't rush me. There might be somethings that you don't understand and it's okay, I'm just going to take it slow. Like I might even go to school soon but I don't want to hear about what happen if I can help it." They all looked at me and smiled. 

"We've got your back no matter what. We are with you till the end of the line." says Brandon

"Did you really just quote a Captain America movie?" Brandon blushes and looks at us.

"I was hoping no one actually knew but of course you did." He smiles at me.

"Well duh, Chris Evans in my man!" We all laugh. We sit there in silence then someone's stomach growls. 

"That was mine." Drake smiles. 

"Well I will go make something then." I get up and walk towards the kitchen. I heard footsteps but I ignored whoever it was. I began to cook spaghetti. It was that difficult to make. 

"Babe?" I turn around to see Ashton. 

"Hmm?" 

"Talk about it." I knew what he meant but I didn't think I was ready.

"Ashton I'm not ready."

"Yes you are, if you keep putting it off then it will take forever to get over it. Just talk about the events."

"No."

"Alex."

"No you can't make me talk about it. I don't want to, I will when I'm ready."

"I'm just trying to help I don't want to end up like the other girls." 

"Like what?"

"Dead."