Octolings and Octozepplins, Oh No.

Date: July 31, 2017

After finishing their pizza, Agent 4 moves on to the next kettle. In this one, Sheldon provides Agent 4 with the Hero Charger. Unlike the other weapons Sheldon has for Agent 4, I'm not going to try to draw the schematics of this one as I happen to have my very own Hero Charger though it's modified because it's mine. 

Just like how I have my own Hero Roller and it too is modified because it's mine. - Callie

After Sheldon explains to Agent 4 how a charger works, Agent 4 encounters a grab link that they use as a test to make sure that they can aim. Sheldon may say that once you master storing your charge while in ink makes you good at a charger it's really about how well you can aim. 

Or how well you can realize that you don't use a charger like a roller, something I still struggle with. - Callie

Agent 4 encounters their first ever Octozepplin, and holy carp are they huge. I decide to hint to Agent 4 that Octozepplins have a weak spot but it didn't seem to go through so I then tell Agent 4 to look around for said weak spot. They find out that the weak spot is the tentacle at the top, a bit like the Octo Oven. They then use the opportunity to shoot the grab link flying above. After a quick launchpad, I decided to give Agent 4 a challenge: if they could hit a propeller that was on a platform nearby, I would make them dinner. Agent 4 was able to hit the propeller and now I'm struggling to think about what I'm going to make them. 

Why not burgers? They're the juiciest! - Callie

Agent 4 then nicely knocks out a few more octarians before using the grab link to ascend higher up. They then show that they have a more methodical side to them by hiding behind some cover to avoid the shots from an Octotrooper before taking them out and then use the grab link to get higher. Agent 4 then shoots another propeller to move a platform over to them but then has to deal with keeping the platform close enough to another platform with a propeller on it for them to get across the gap and Octozepplins flying by. Despite the amount of things coming at them Agent 4 takes care of it all as if it was nothing. They then take another launchpad to a platform with a few Octolslobs that are all swiftly taken out and Agent 4 ascends upward through the use of the grab links, and into a wall of Octomissiles. This doesn't phase Agent 4 in the slightest however as they just charge through the wall while using different objects as cover.

You know, it's kinda weird how Octavio just slaps either a tentacle or an Octarian face onto something and it just becomes "Octo-this". - Callie

Along the way, Agent 4 grabs a key that they use to unlock a launchpad which takes them to another checkpoint, they were just one slick squid through that. They then shoot a propeller to bring a platform down but that platform has a nasty surprise for Agent 4, an Octozepplin headed right for them.

Oh no. - Callie

But Agent 4 handles it proficiently by shooting the tentacle on the top of the Octozepplin and taking it out. 

Holy carp, didn't see that coming. - Callie

As the platform rises back to the initial position it was in, Agent 4 starts inking the nearby wall to get off of the platform since another Octozepplin was on its way. Agent 4 didn't care too much about the Octozepplin because they immediately took it out before moving on. Agent 5, the Squee-G I had claimed a while back, made some nervous squeaks as Agent 4 called a platform over to them that had a large amount of Octomissile cannons on it. However, Agent 4 showed once again why I shouldn't worry about them and should instead just leave it to them as they shot the Grab Link that was above them before the missiles could even touch them. One more grab link shot and Agent 4 is within seeing distance of the Zap Fish. That didn't mean that they were done however, they still needed to get to it and it was no easy task.

Octavio must've really cared about me being hypnotized if he placed down this much security to stop intruders from breaking in and dismantling his plans. No wonder he rescued Agent 3 that one time ... - Callie

Agent 4 then showed me that it was a lot more simpler than what I had initially thought as they called a platform over with one shot to that platform's propeller, had that platform go toward the end of it's track before shooting the fan on the platform with the Zapfish and then shooting the grab link at the top just before they were going to be met face to face with an Octozepplin. Allowing for them to grab the Zapfish. Holy carp this was suspenseful. I was on the edge of my seat watching this. 

I couldn't stop reading, this was just wam, bam, blam, one action scene and into the next. Just wow. I need a moment to calm myself. - Callie

The next mission is a bit awkward, according to Sheldon, Agent 4 had a lot of interesting things to say during this, however, I wouldn't know what those were because my intercom had broke. Agent 4 could hear me but I couldn't hear them. As much as I want to document what happened in this kettle, it was just awesome, I lack enough information to truly put together something good. 

Darn, I'll need to talk to Sheldon about what was said then. - Callie

Basically, Agent 4 had to rescue 8 mini-zapfish because 8 mini-zapfish equal one regular sized Zapfish. However, several Octolings stopped Agent 4 from getting those Zapfish so Agent 4 got their first taste of what competitive battles are like as they had to defeat the octolings that they encountered and take the Mini Zapfish before the Octoloosers realized that the Mini Zapfish were taken and they do just that.

Sounds cool. Shame your intercom broke. - Callie

After this, Sheldon and I called it a day as Sheldon needed to go to his Sheldon Cave to crunch the results along with fix my intercom while I needed to start making Agent 4 dinner. I had decided on instant noodles since I can make them rather well and it would be something simple and cheap.

List of things I'm getting for Agent 4 so far: Pineapple Pizza, Burgers, and Steak. - Callie

I'm gonna have to end this entry here as Agent 4 is currently asleep and I'm starting to feel tired myself. I'm very much looking forward to seeing who Agent 4 will be facing in the boss kettle now that it's been opened up. 

You know, I wanted to do the next entry solo but since Marina seemed to be sorta aware of who Agent 4 is going to be fighting in the boss kettle, I'll ask if she can help out with the transcription process without hacking my computer and my story again. - Callie