Agent 4 takes a Nice Midnight Stroll

I just wanted to mention that at the time I'm transcribing this entry, it is the closest to midnight that I am willing to stay up at since I'm not a night owl like Marie is. Also, I don't have any special guests for this entry or for the next entry as Deep Cut is having some scheduling problems, and Pearl and Marina are busy at the moment. - Callie

Date: August 4, 2017

I can't sleep and it's annoying because I really want to get some sleep so that Agent 4 doesn't wake me up with blasts from their loaner Hero Splatling in the next morning. I get out of my sleeping bag to check in on Agent 4 because maybe they could let me mess around with the Hero Splatling or be willing to talk about something interested if they also couldn't sleep. At this point though, I'd be willing to talk to Agent 5 and they can't talk. 

Wow, I never thought that Marie's unwillingness to truly interact with other people would come back to bite her. Guess that's what happens when the only people you truly care about are yourself, Agent 4 as I've realized, and occasionally me. - Callie

I walk over  to Agent 4's sleeping bag, but despite how I saw them just fall into their sleeping bag, I don't see them in it. I panic, while Agent 5 exists to replace Agent 4 in case something like this happens, I would at least like to know for a fact that Agent 4 is either missing in action or dead before I deploy Agent 5 to finish the operation. 

I would've just prepared myself to start doing the next kettles on my own. You've managed to infiltrate the Octo-canyon, no point in just having Agent 4 just do the rest of the work. - Callie

I start yelling "Agent 4" several times hoping that they might respond and that my shouts weren't going to bring any octarians over to where we were. Once my throat is almost completely dry, I look down to see a message appear on my Sea Cucumber phone; 

"Check Agent 4's visual feed, now,".

I'm so nervous that my hand nearly drops the device Gramps gave me that would allow me to follow Agent 4 as they completed kettles and collect zap fish . Once I manage to get a good grip on it and open it up, I'm presented with something that surprises me; Agent 4 was doing another kettle. 

Get in there and help them, Marie. Trying to complete anything while half asleep and half awake is just going to lead to disaster. - Callie

I take some deep breaths to calm myself down and take note of everything I was watching. Agent 4 appeared to be at the beginning of a kettle and was wielding a new weapon that looked like a slosher but with the colors that the other Hero Weapons have, I'm gonna call it the Hero Slosher because of the color scheme and how it's a slosher. I then checked the time on my Sea Cucumber Phone, it was midnight. 

Truly a midnight stroll. - Callie

The strange mood lighting in this stage makes this place look creeptastic which did not at all help my current stress level.

Marie, don't judge this. I wanted to make a cool night time area in the Octo-Canyon and Octavio ordering some Octoseekers to hang out in this area, helped give intruders a feeling like they were criminals making it look extra cool. - Callie

Once Agent 4 heard my voice, they began to move forward and used the launchpad that's in front of them. I wonder if they had orders for them to wait until I had joined in due to how late it is. Agent 4 would then ink a sponge up to make a wall that they can climb up. After taking out an Octotrooper and activating a ride rail, Agent 4 would their first ever Octoseeker and had to avoid being spotted by the Octoseeker. Agent 4 being reckless, however, was spotted, but was able to avoid being crushed by the Octoseeker and climbed up the nearby wall and used the launchpad.

Recklessness isn't a bad thing, Marie. - Callie

Agent 4 would then land in an area with another Octoseeker patrolling but Agent 4 didn't mind as they just went around and splatted an Octotrooper and a Shielded Octotrooper before opening up a hidden wall to grab the key to the locked vault.

This was something I made, I wanted to further make intruders feel like they had done something wrong when they entered this kettle. - Callie

Agent 4 would unlock the vault and use the launchpad to move on to the next area. While they were on a narrow platform, Agent 4 seemed to be pretty comfortable as they were taking down the ♪ Balloon Fish Floating in the Sky ♪, allowing them to knockout Octoslobs, and ink up sponge blocks so that they could continue cruising along. 

This must be why Marie keep suggesting that the next song that we sing should be "Ballon Fish Floating in the Sky". - Callie

After Agent 4 ascends some more sponge blocks, I decide to challenge Agent 4 that if they could splat the Shielded Octotrooper without breaking a sweat, I would make pancakes for breakfast. They do that with no problem. It's a good thing I grabbed Callie's pancake recipe and brought it with me.

That explains what happened to my pancake recipe. I hope Marie gives it back to me at some point, I really liked it. There was one time when Marie wouldn't get out of bed, so I stacked plates of pancakes around her until she eventually got up. - Callie

Agent 4 then took the launchpad to another area with even more Octoseekers but this was no problem for them as they were easily able to avoid detection from the first Octoseeker but they weren't able to avoid being seen by the other one. This didn't bother Agent 4 because it would allow them to hop on top of the Octoseeker and then jump onto some platforms which would take them to the next area. From there, Agent 4 would take out an Octotrooper and a Shielded Octotrooper and some sponge blocks to get to another Octoseeker that's on some unsinkable ground. Agent 4 proceeded to smash through a bunch of crates and proceeded to sneak past the Octoseeker and use the launchpad to get themself to the final area.

Almost there! - Callie

After crossing some sponge blocks and inking a nearby balloon fish, Agent 4 would have to deal with an annoying Octoseeker that's guarding the zap fish, however, it took the Octoseeker too long to find a place to crash down on Agent 4 allowing them to use the launchpad to make the jump to the zap fish and grab it. Another Zapfish in the bag!

Holy carp, I just noticed that this is the 4th entry for Beaker's Depot. 2 more after this one and it'll be onto the next area. - Callie

I'm gonna get some actual sleep now because writing all of this has really taken it out of me. 

And that's why the early bird, gets the worm. - Callie