➶ 001 ➶

I woke up in a pained sweat, remembering a certain set of events that continued to plague my mind. I don't think I could ever get over what had happened this past year or so. If you had told me that I would be reliving my past so much this year, I'd tell you that you're dreaming, yet I had no idea what was yet to come. Let me rewind a bit, to the beginning where it all started.

It's been about eight months since I last saw Alice. She was this smoking hot broad that I dated to get my mind off somebody else. And to my surprise, it worked. She was amazing and I had foolishly fallen in love with her, and I thought she was in love with me too. But I guess I was wrong.

Getting tired of sitting around and moping I had decided to quit moping around and get off my ass and go visit the Curtis house. I honestly had no idea what I did wrong, I loved her with all my heart yet she left one day without a reason, just completely up and left me. "come on Jo, quit thinkin' about her" I said as I splashed some water on my face.

Halfway down the block, on my way to the infamous Curtis gang, I hear someone screaming, "Darry! Soda! Somebody!". I know that voice! That's pony! I thought as I ran down the pavement.

The closer I got the more I could hear them. I rounded the corner and saw that classic blue mustang pulled up at the curb while a bunch of socs pinned Ponyboy to the ground.

"Oi! Assholes" these four large Socs had started to run back to their car which was a red Corvair, I wasn't gonna lie though, it was a damn good lookin car. "that's it run on back to the West side!" I yelled as the gang and I started hurling rocks at 'em'.

I wouldn't have been able to do anything to them on my own so I'm glad the gang was there. I was tall for my age and good lookin' too, but I could not fight to save my life. I was good with a blade, yeah but I only used that for dire situations. I had dark brown hair that looked like it was just plain ol' black hair, but it wasn't, I wore it in a wolf-style haircut. Most greasers tend to wear their hair slicked back but that just didn't look good on me. I was six-foot-one just shorter than Darry, I was skinny yet I had a slightly muscular build, though I wasn't that strong. I wore an old tattered beanie and and old leather jacket that I found on the side of the road, along with some blue jeans I had gotten a while back, so at least I looked somewhat tuff.

"Bout' time you showed up Baby Joey" Dallas Winston. I don't know why he gave me that nickname despite me being older than him, he was 18 and I was 19 going on 20. "rumour is it, you helped me with a jail bust a few back and we been hiding out ever since" that's right, when Alice broke up with me I went completely off the grid to clear my head. Dally had to hide from the coppers around the same time too.

"Really! I helped the famous Dallas Winston escape his crappy jail cell! Damn, I must be good" the gang gave a snicker as we all started to walk back to where Ponyboy was.

"b-but really Joey, w-where'd y-ya go?" Johnny spoke up in his timid voice. Johnny as I say it looks like a puppy that's been kicked too many times. He's got shit-ass parents that beat him for no good reason day and night. To make matters worst for him a bunch of Socs got the jump on him once and after that he's just been really timid around anyone and everyone. He was like the gangs' pet, everyone's kid brother as Ponyboy put it, I don't deserve a brother though, the thought always plagued my mind but I brushed it off as usual.

"ahh, I've just been at home sleeping-" before I could continue two-bit interrupted – as usual – and gasped before saying

"Sleeping! No Way! Joey? Asleep?" he laughed as I hit him across the head as the gang snickered at his comment. It was pretty funny though, I'm not one to get sleepy or get angry at others unless it's the Socs.

"like I was saying-" I glanced at two-bit as he put his hands up in defeat, "-but, truth is, Alice left me" they all went quiet and it bugged me. I hated sympathy, ain't no one got time for it. "but that doesn't matter, that was ages ago so, I'm over it. I'm a single man out on the market now" they laughed at my joke and gave me a pat on the back.

"s-sorry Joey, t-that m-must've been hard," Johnny said, stuttering profusely.

"eh, it's fine Life goes on. Just gotta find myself another hot lookin broad." Dally laughed at my comment while Johnny just looked disappointed in me. Though, I only said that to shut them up, to be honest, I don't really wanna find another girl. I really liked Alice, she was my sunshine. I had moved on from this "crush" I had and I had gotten together with her, yet she left me and I don't know why. I keep telling myself it's fine but it ain't 'god damn Alice. What've you done to me